Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Gossip has it that it had something to do with the cricket pitch

Can someone explain why a magic player can have a pair of white socks pulled halfway up his shin covering his red socks but in Newfm you can't wear tape that doesn't match your socks. Double standards?

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    WTF...... I've been "couped" up in the coach's sons' bedroom since Friday (went a bit over the top at the inaugural BelSWANS Golf Day at Belmont G.C. apparently..... check out the pics on my Facebook if you want, friend me and see if i'll acknowledge - some won't get a look in hahaha!) so I missed the games today and another three grade victory to the mighty BelSWANS..... poo to all!

Yep... all reports are that the first grade was very poor. Should BelSWANS have won... not what I heard. Happy to escape with a victory (winning ugly - just like the old SWAN story).
    Excuses like when we BEAT Maitland.... not here, just that Westy lifted and played well for the whole 90 minutes and probably deserved something out of the game. The ref wasn't shit, we didn't miss heaps of chances, the opposition weren't patheti and the wind wasn't blowing NNNE (like some of the dribble excuses I read here a fortnight ago). Credit where credits due, Westy played well and made for an enjoyable and close contest today.

Results:
    U/19's 1-0.
    U/23's 6-0.
    1st's 1-0.

"The BelSWANS boys are happy"... semifinals here we come (and look out).

Was having dinner with someone last night who mentioned that Maitland council called off the grounds in the Maitland sports area on friday.

How come then I find out this morning that Maitland played against cessnock at home yesterday ?

Anyone know the answer to this ?

Surely if a council call ALL sports fields as unplayable that should apply to ALL sports grounds ?

ThIs would not be Thornton trying to do their neighbours a wee turn and have the buds having to go up their midweek for another catch up game would it ?

Not pointing any fingers just seems a bit weird that's all

Quote Originally Posted by The axe View Post
    Can someone explain why a magic player can have a pair of white socks pulled halfway up his shin covering his red socks but in Newfm you can't wear tape that doesn't match your socks. Double standards?
    Probably because the State League Refs are a little more concerned about getting their calls right in regards to fouls and offsides then trying to impose themselves on a game be dictating how a player wears their socks.

[
    ThIs would not be Thornton trying to do their neighbours a wee turn and have the buds having to go up their midweek for another catch up game would it ?

Not pointing any fingers just seems a bit weird that's all[/QUOTE]

would man city do man united a favour, would everton do liverpool a favour, would magic do olympic a favour.
    wouldnt of thought any one does there rivals a favour

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Probably because the State League Refs are a little more concerned about getting their calls right in regards to fouls and offsides then trying to impose themselves on a game be dictating how a player wears their socks.
    Because the referee didnt do his job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    Was having dinner with someone last night who mentioned that Maitland council called off the grounds in the Maitland sports area on friday.

How come then I find out this morning that Maitland played against cessnock at home yesterday ?

Anyone know the answer to this ?

Surely if a council call ALL sports fields as unplayable that should apply to ALL sports grounds ?

Not pointing any fingers just seems a bit weird that's all
    Maitland council only called Thornton out-if you had been there and seen it you would know why.Maitland ground was ok to play on.

Really aligns with "the world game" where every level is meant to be the same, doesn't it?

Outsider - what is the rules with under/over socks? Ruben Zadkovich in the A-League sometimes wears white socks on the outside of his playing socks that go nearly halfway up his shin. I've seen players do likewise in local football for years (and it sounds like a magic player has done likewise). Have also seen a heap of ankle socks, going a couple of inches above the boot line, being worn. What is the official word on these?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Really aligns with "the world game" where every level is meant to be the same, doesn't it?

Outsider - what is the rules with under/over socks? Ruben Zadkovich in the A-League sometimes wears white socks on the outside of his playing socks that go nearly halfway up his shin. I've seen players do likewise in local football for years (and it sounds like a magic player has done likewise). Have also seen a heap of ankle socks, going a couple of inches above the boot line, being worn. What is the official word on these?
    Ankle socks or anything worn over the club socks which can be seen are required to be the same colour as the socks.In other words white ankle socks are only to be worn with white socks.Changed at the same time as FIFA decided that tape had to be the same colour as the socks.Not referees doing-just makes the job harder as players look for more ways to circumvent the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Ankle socks or anything worn over the club socks which can be seen are required to be the same colour as the socks.In other words white ankle socks are only to be worn with white socks.Changed at the same time as FIFA decided that tape had to be the same colour as the socks.Not referees doing-just makes the job harder as players look for more ways to circumvent the laws.
    I've got no issue with the rule, just seems a little bit hit and miss with enforcement. State League I think should be enforced, preferbly before the start of the game but I know that's not always possible. The problem I have is when refs start bookings blokes playing A/Age Div H because his black bike shorts don't match his team shorts. A bit of common sense to the level your officiating helps. I played a mid-week catch up on freezing July Wednesday once and had no matching undershirt. I asked the ref for permission to wear one that didn't match and he said it was fine given how cold it was. Common sense applied. We are not professional players, we have to fork out a fortune in rego fees and take out a second morgage to have matching under garments for the full kit home & away.

I'm interested to hear what zone club/s could compete in Newfm. Any thoughts? Surely there would have to be better options than the likes of singo?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I'm interested to hear what zone club/s could compete in Newfm. Any thoughts? Surely there would have to be better options than the likes of singo?
    When the freeway is finished later this year Singo will be a great option. At the moment the joints full of locals and cessnock rejects

I've got no issue with the rule, just seems a little bit hit and miss with enforcement. State League I think should be enforced, preferbly before the start of the game but I know that's not always possible. The problem I have is when refs start bookings blokes playing A/Age Div H because his black bike shorts don't match his team shorts. A bit of common sense to the level your officiating helps. I played a mid-week catch up on freezing July Wednesday once and had no matching undershirt. I asked the ref for permission to wear one that didn't match and he said it was fine given how cold it was. Common sense applied. We are not professional players, we have to fork out a fortune in rego fees and take out a second morgage to have matching under garments for the full kit home & away.
    I have a better idea.Why dont players who already know that they can only wear matching undergarments actually do that.You can purchase the bike type pants for not a lot of money and they are perfect for the job.That would solve the problem for both players and referees.If you are talking about undershirts because you are cold then you could always try running to keep you warm.

Typical response from this forum really. Totally missing the point.

19s catch up games tonight:
    Maitland 1 def Adamstown 0
    Cessnock 0 draw Singleton 0

A win on Saturday against West Wallsend will pretty much seal the minor premiership for Maitland 19s with their goal difference.

Who do you think will complete the top 4?
    Obviously Adamstown Maitland and Belmont have secured there places.
    Toronto Westy are pretty close in 4th and 5th with Thornton and Cessnock a few places back but have a few catch up games.

4th spot looks like it could be a good battle.

Maitland 19s with a 3-1 win over Westy this morning.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Maitland 19s with a 3-1 win over Westy this morning.
    Does anyone know the results from the other grades????

Maitland won all grades