Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1117

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    This will be awkward when/if he leaves and goes to Magic! He did nothing to quash the rumours on the news tonight.
    not sure about the best coach in Newcastle statement, my mum could have coached that team and the u23 side he had at magic would have been even easier to coach, well done to chappy, his a good bloke, but please the plaudits are earnt when the chips are down and you really need a good coach, he is better off staying at the buds and giving himself a challenge, I don't believe that challenge is available at magic

id have to agree with the above if he was such a super coach they should of made it up last year.
    not taking anything away from the buds but really when you have a team like they did winning the newfm comp should be a given.

i hope they follow in the jaffas footsteps and have a great year in the top flite.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    not sure about the best coach in Newcastle statement, my mum could have coached that team and the u23 side he had at magic would have been even easier to coach, well done to chappy, his a good bloke, but please the plaudits are earnt when the chips are down and you really need a good coach, he is better off staying at the buds and giving himself a challenge, I don't believe that challenge is available at magic
    I think your forgetting the big answer forever,
    if chappy did not go to Adamstown they would not even came close to getting promoted, players followed a great coach to the club because they know how good of a coach and bloke he is. his skills of developing young kids as well is proven by what he achieved at magic and as well now at adamstown. and thats probably why magic will be pushing for his signature if chili and Noumov decide to part ways with the club. i could not think of another coach in this comp that could step up and coach the magic club as a whole...
    and yes forever your mum could coach the current squad at magic or adamstown but when players leave or get injured what skill would your mum have to occupy those spots or to lure new players?

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I think your forgetting the big answer forever,
    if chappy did not go to Adamstown they would not even came close to getting promoted, players followed a great coach to the club because they know how good of a coach and bloke he is. his skills of developing young kids as well is proven by what he achieved at magic and as well now at adamstown. and thats probably why magic will be pushing for his signature if chili and Noumov decide to part ways with the club. i could not think of another coach in this comp that could step up and coach the magic club as a whole...
    and yes forever your mum could coach the current squad at magic or adamstown but when players leave or get injured what skill would your mum have to occupy those spots or to lure new players?
    He probably wouldn't be in the top 5 coaches in newcastle

who are the top 5 coahes in your oppinion

This will end badly! Best of anything is subjective. Who on here knows the merits of all coaches??? Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Question...Who are the only two clubs to get all three grades into the semis?.... Hmmmm!
    Congratulations on Belswans and Maitland for getting all 3 grades into the semis. Congratulations on Adamstown for promotion and unlucky for missing out on Under 19 semis. From what I saw, they were the big improvers in that league. Congratulations for Thornton on a successful season. 23's and 19'3 making semis and 1st Grade playing well (When you consider last season).

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Bails told his players before saturdays game v cessnock that he was resigning (quitting, not re-signing)
    If this is true Stags might be able to keep players rather than rebuild a new squad each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Elude View Post
    If this is true Stags might be able to keep players rather than rebuild a new squad each year.
    It's true

Heard that Maitland are looking for a new coach tonight ? Can anyone confirm this ?

So finals football coming up and a trip to West Wallsend, always tricking playing a team straight after you have just hammered them the week previous and I think West Wallsend will give the buds a much harder game this weekend.

Does anyone know what happens to the buds 23s game (kick off time) ? as its a shame that the 23s are at Belswans on the same day as it would have been good to see both 23s and 1st grade in the semis at the weekend.

Great to see that Glen Chapman our head coach is talking down the Magic job as speculation and from speaking with him after the match last weekend I am hoping he will want to continue with this opportunity at buds and see how far he can take it and having spoken with someone on the Adamstown committee they are very hopeful of keeping him.

Also seen in the Maitland paper today that their coach is away at the end of the season . This now throws another problem the buds way if the rumours are true about who they have targeted as their next coach as I heard that the buds 23s coach is very high on their list.

Fingers crossed all the coaches and players at the buds see the opportunity that taking Adamstown to NBN presents and they are still here next season

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    So finals football coming up and a trip to West Wallsend, always tricking playing a team straight after you have just hammered them the week previous and I think West Wallsend will give the buds a much harder game this weekend.

Does anyone know what happens to the buds 23s game (kick off time) ? as its a shame that the 23s are at Belswans on the same day as it would have been good to see both 23s and 1st grade in the semis at the weekend.

Great to see that Glen Chapman our head coach is talking down the Magic job as speculation and from speaking with him after the match last weekend I am hoping he will want to continue with this opportunity at buds and see how far he can take it and having spoken with someone on the Adamstown committee they are very hopeful of keeping him.

Also seen in the Maitland paper today that their coach is away at the end of the season . This now throws another problem the buds way if the rumours are true about who they have targeted as their next coach as I heard that the buds 23s coach is very high on their list.

Fingers crossed all the coaches and players at the buds see the opportunity that taking Adamstown to NBN presents and they are still here next season
    Think that you should have a closer look at the fixtures.Adamstown under 23's play on Saturday at West Wallsend but are classed as the visiting team the same as their first grade team with BelSwans under 23 the home team.The games at Blacksmiths are on SUNDAY

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Think that you should have a closer look at the fixtures.Adamstown under 23's play on Saturday at West Wallsend but are classed as the visiting team the same as their first grade team with BelSwans under 23 the home team.The games at Blacksmiths are on SUNDAY
    Thanks outsider ... I need new specs clearly. Great news and sets up a nice day at West Wallsend as always enjoy going their and having a beer with the old lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    Thanks outsider ... I need new specs clearly. Great news and sets up a nice day at West Wallsend as always enjoy going their and having a beer with the old lads.
    Any results or match reports from Westy?

Quote Originally Posted by The axe View Post
    Any results or match reports from Westy?
    under 19 Maitland 2 BelSwans 0
    under23 Adamstown0 BelSwans 0
    1st grade Adamstown 3 Westy when I left with about 20 to go-not sure of final result but I dont think that Westy were coming back from there.They were crap
    Last edited by outsider; 17-08-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    under 19 Maitland 2 BelSwans 0
    under23 Adamstown0 BelSwans 0
    1st grade Adamstown 3 Westy when I left with about 20 to go-not sure of final result but I dont think that Westy were coming back from there.They were crap
    final score 4 nil

Did I hear correctly that there was a streaker who was tackled by Adamstown's keeper? And he threw a punch at the keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Did I hear correctly that there was a streaker who was tackled by Adamstown's keeper? And he threw a punch at the keeper?
    Yes this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Elude View Post
    Yes this is true
    I hope he was shown a red card

Maitland 2-0 over Belswans today.