Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by frankiechav View Post
    Adamstown lost in 1st Grade to Toronto in the 1st game of the season, only Maitland undefeated.
    So they did - totally forgot about that. Should still be a good game all the same. I think both 23s teams are unbeaten so some thing likely to give in that one. In fact I think Adamstown 23s are 8 wins from 8 games so far and Maitland have won 7 and drawn a game I think someone said ?

The 19s game should be decent as well

Westy vs Toronto
    19s 2-1 toronto
    23s 3-1 Toronto
    1st 2-0 Toronto

any other results ??
    big game on tommorrow from what i see with adamstown and maitland
    won't decide the premiership but will go a long way towards it

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    As former player at Toronto it absolutely rips me to shreds seeing all three grades get hammered week in week out. If results continue in this fashion, surely the management and committee need to be re evaluated.

It's disgusting and embarrassing for a famous club like Toronto to be playing this poor across all three grades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    Westy vs Toronto
    19s 2-1 toronto
    23s 3-1 Toronto
    1st 2-0 Toronto
    Jeez...A week's a long time in football aye
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Maitland vs Adamstown results/ my opinions for watching and what i was told.
    19s: 7-0 - didn't watch but was told maitland cruised through as per result shows.
    23s:0-3 - this was an interesting one and a classic example of how football can slide either way, generally a tough contest however i felt in terms of stats Maitland definetly had more goalscoring opportunities with Adamstown really only having the 3 goals as their main threats with 2 of those coming from Maitland passing errors and 1 from soft goalkeeping/team clearance error on a corner. Definetly think the next 2 games should be crackers especially if both teams improve.
    1sts: 1-1 - with both teams very close in skill this game was definetly a game of which team showed more enthusiasm to take advantage of chances etc, 1st half definetly went to Maitland (with score 1-0 at halfa) and the 2nd half going to Adamstown. Both teams showed alot of passion and dug deep however the game ended in a stalemate which reflected the game as a whole. In the same case as 23s i think the next 2 fixtures between these teams will be very much different stories and especially come down to who wants it the most.

Great game to watch with both a physical style and also some decent football played in patches. Maitland look the better at playing passing football.
    I thought the ref lost control of the match and unsure how it never erupted into an all out brawl a few times.
    The woman assistant ref was a decent sort also. Likes to answer to the crowd to much but nice bit of eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    19s: 7-0 - didn't watch but was told maitland cruised through as per result shows.
    23s:0-3 - this was an interesting one and a classic example of how football can slide either way, generally a tough contest however i felt in terms of stats Maitland definetly had more goalscoring opportunities with Adamstown really only having the 3 goals as their main threats with 2 of those coming from Maitland passing errors and 1 from soft goalkeeping/team clearance error on a corner. Definetly think the next 2 games should be crackers especially if both teams improve.
    1sts: 1-1 - with both teams very close in skill this game was definetly a game of which team showed more enthusiasm to take advantage of chances etc, 1st half definetly went to Maitland (with score 1-0 at halfa) and the 2nd half going to Adamstown. Both teams showed alot of passion and dug deep however the game ended in a stalemate which reflected the game as a whole. In the same case as 23s i think the next 2 fixtures between these teams will be very much different stories and especially come down to who wants it the most.

Didn't maitland with a stand in goalkeeper?
    From what I know, Their regular keeper was sent off last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Great game to watch with both a physical style and also some decent football played in patches. Maitland look the better at playing passing football.
    I thought the ref lost control of the match and unsure how it never erupted into an all out brawl a few times.
    The woman assistant ref was a decent sort also. Likes to answer to the crowd to much but nice bit of eye candy.
    I know exactly who you're talking.

Belswans vs Cessnock
    19's 1-1 Last minute penalty for Cessnock,
    23's 1-0 Belswans
    1st 3-0 Belswans

"We're on our winning spree!"

Didn't go up but heard there was a pretty good crowd there?

7-0 in 19s? Wow!

Heard 1st 2nil ???

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    Belswans vs Cessnock
    19's 1-1 Last minute penalty for Cessnock,
    23's 1-0 Belswans
    1st 3-0 Belswans

"We're on our winning spree!"
    Was it 3 or 2 nil?? I was told 2

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    Didn't maitland with a stand in goalkeeper?
    From what I know, Their regular keeper was sent off last season.
    Maitland had their keeper Ben Kelly sent off last week and they definetly missed him big time, ive watched a few games and he dominates the air. Adamstown were most dangerous from their crosses today and the keeper that played was abit inconsistent in commanding the 6 yard box. (Adamstowns goal came from corner that was curled straight to front post and somehow got through keepers hands and multiple bodies.)

Quote Originally Posted by Off the bench View Post
    Was it 3 or 2 nil?? I was told 2
    My mistake, simple typo. Yes it was 2-0

Maitlands keeper was the first grade GK for the last few years just getting back from injury. Be hard to get past Ben K, but pretty handy to have in reserve.

Another quality refereeing display at Belswans on Saturday. In the 23's game Belswans kicked off by kicking the ball into the corner for the left winger to run onto..the ref blew his whistle and said that it had to be played forward first (it was played forward). Then when players remonstrated he gave a throw-in to Cessnock and when they remonstrated further he decided to re-start play. He is a disgrace and should not be refereeing at that level (and I am not suggesting that it is a high level). Then we have the assistant referee who could not keep up with play in 23's and was at least 10 metres behind play in the first grade game and was basing his decisions on off-sides purely on guess work. Belswans had a chance, that was clearly a goal...... the keeper saved it and it hit the roof of the net and bounced down over the line but the two officials (including the assistant who was catching up with play) missed it. This is probably why a number of people suggested the score was 3-0 rather than 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiechav View Post
    Another quality refereeing display at Belswans on Saturday. In the 23's game Belswans kicked off by kicking the ball into the corner for the left winger to run onto..the ref blew his whistle and said that it had to be played forward first (it was played forward). Then when players remonstrated he gave a throw-in to Cessnock and when they remonstrated further he decided to re-start play. He is a disgrace and should not be refereeing at that level (and I am not suggesting that it is a high level). Then we have the assistant referee who could not keep up with play in 23's and was at least 10 metres behind play in the first grade game and was basing his decisions on off-sides purely on guess work. Belswans had a chance, that was clearly a goal...... the keeper saved it and it hit the roof of the net and bounced down over the line but the two officials (including the assistant who was catching up with play) missed it. This is probably why a number of people suggested the score was 3-0 rather than 2-0.
    I actually saw a man with a referee dress shirt in the stands with notepad writing down notes today at Maitland/Adamstown game, hopefully this was some sort of review of the referees. Maybe there was a similar thing happening at belswans game!

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I was at the Maitland game and I thought the ref had a good game, I heard Scott Thomas even say good game. Allowed the game to flow and be the spectacle it was always going to be. Some people just don't understand the game and would rather see a free kick blown every 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    23s:0-3 - this was an interesting one and a classic example of how football can slide either way, generally a tough contest however i felt in terms of stats Maitland definetly had more goalscoring opportunities with Adamstown really only having the 3 goals as their main threats with 2 of those coming from Maitland passing errors and 1 from soft goalkeeping/team clearance error on a corner. Definetly think the next 2 games should be crackers especially if both teams improve.1sts: 1-1 - with both teams very close in skill this game was definetly a game of which team showed more enthusiasm to take advantage of chances etc, 1st half definetly went to Maitland (with score 1-0 at halfa) and the 2nd half going to Adamstown. Both teams showed alot of passion and dug deep however the game ended in a stalemate which reflected the game as a whole. In the same case as 23s i think the next 2 fixtures between these teams will be very much different stories and especially come down to who wants it the most.
    Agreed Imyourhero it was a very entertaining day... first of all well done to Maitland and all the commitee and staff, its the first time in a while I have been up their but what a nice touch putting on a glass of free bubbly for all the mums to celebrate mothers day. Also the food was very good as well may I add.

Onto the football and I had been told before hand that the Maitland 19s were a bit special and they certainly showed it yesterday. I thought they were smashing and to be honest the score could have been anything !! some of the football they played was great and i will be making an effort to watch them again soon.

The 23s game I have to totally disagree here but footballs all about opinions - Yes Maitland had their chances and if they had taken them then the perhaps they would have got a bit closer but to say Adamstown only had three efforts and that two of them were errors - well you must have been drinking all the free champers ha ha.

The first goal the young adamstown lad smashed into the top left hand corner direct from Adamstown ball and it was a great finish that would be fitting at any level so no idea how you describe that as a Maitland error and the 3rd was a through ball to an Adamstown striker who then still had to beat a Maitland defender round the keeper and knock it home and the second was a scramble in the box from an Adamstown corner . Additional to that the Maitland keeper made to saves from headers in the first half and also another corner for Adamstown was going in till cleared of the line.

In my opinion and also teh opinion of most around me the Adamstown 23s team were superb yesterday and yes Maitland could have scored a few but it could easily have been and should have been more than 3 for the visitors.

Now onto the BIG game of teh day and the 1st grade - It was billed a cracker and I thought it lived up to it and I must also say I thought the ref had a good game and tried to keep it flowing. I think Maitland are a very smart team and will be very hard to beat and they way they use strength and power but still have the confidence to play the ball on the ground as well is a great mix of abilities and I think they may be the more disappointed of the two teams to be settling for the draw. Adamstown I may add also added real value in the game but their flair players looked to be handled very well by Maitland and I think teh goal they got was actually direct from a corner so perhaps a little lucky.

I cannot wait for the next match up of these two sides in a few weeks time and its a real pity both wont go up as they would both be a great addition to NBN football.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    The 23s game I have to totally disagree here but footballs all about opinions - Yes Maitland had their chances and if they had taken them then the perhaps they would have got a bit closer but to say Adamstown only had three efforts and that two of them were errors - well you must have been drinking all the free champers ha ha.

The first goal the young adamstown lad smashed into the top left hand corner direct from Adamstown ball and it was a great finish that would be fitting at any level so no idea how you describe that as a Maitland error and the 3rd was a through ball to an Adamstown striker who then still had to beat a Maitland defender round the keeper and knock it home and the second was a scramble in the box from an Adamstown corner . Additional to that the Maitland keeper made to saves from headers in the first half and also another corner for Adamstown was going in till cleared of the line.
    I should have added that the errors weren't directly the cause of goals, however one was a failed backpass to the keeper which was one well by an Adamstown player and wonderfully finished and another was a misplaced pass when Maitland were playing out from the back which allowed Adamstown to gain possession and hit well with a quick counter.

I guess i was just overall dissapointed that i didn't see any well worked, multiple pass lead ups to goal but in games between top teams of a competition it often comes down to scoring however possible and Adamstown definetly did that. I think we can all agree that in both 23s and 1sts its going to be these to two teams right to the end and mostly likely in grandfinals too.