Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Extremely crucial game for the competition and almost impossible to tip a result.
    Whats even better is that the 3rd game between the clubs is the 2nd last round of the competition so most likely promotion will go right down to the wire.
    I think personally Maitland have a more solid all round game however Adamstown will be tough force at home, i'll tip the draw.

what day is the buds-pies game?

Sunday

Just had a look at the league table and Mr Paul is getting a bit of a run going with Belmont , always liked what he does out there and he generally tries to get his teams playing football but often just dos not have the players to push on.

If the Adamstown v Maitland game was to end up a draw and they win then there would only be 6 pts between 1st and 3rd.

Winner1
    Adamstown vs Maitland
    19s Maitland
    23s Adamstown
    1st Maitland

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Are the BelSWANS "flying" under the radar??????

Who is/are the best player/players in the comp and at individual clubs, I'd like to hear people's opinion on their own club and others?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Are the BelSWANS "flying" under the radar??????
    Yes.

How does Adamstown's ground hold up in the rain?

Winner1
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    How does Adamstown's ground hold up in the rain?
    It gets a little wet, just all depends if they are being princesses about it being scuffed a little. Should be right, only had 1mm of rain

Toronto v Westy @ Peacock is off

Quote Originally Posted by The axe View Post
    Who is/are the best player/players in the comp and at individual clubs, I'd like to hear people's opinion on their own club and others?
    Do you want to get the ball rolling?

Thornton v Singo off
    Maitland v Adamstown 19s/23s off, apparently 1sts is still a maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Thornton v Singo off
    Maitland v Adamstown 19s/23s off, apparently 1sts is still a maybe.
    All games at Adamstown are now postponed due to weather

I remember this discussion happened last year however I want to bring it up again.
    Isn't this competition meant to be an elite level of football?
    So why is it that a little bit of rain will stop matches.
    Yeah, the ground may get damaged but if each player in the club pulls their weight,
    gets to training an hour early, or even just 30 minutes early to do some quick ground repairs they would have no problem.
    Gone are the good ol' days where nothing could stop us playing.
    I honestly thought that if you were playing at this level you would be aspiring to further your career in football and try and make it into the A-league.
    Yes, I know only a select few will ever make the transition to professional. But, if you look at European football, they play: rain, hail and shine.
    That is why Australian football will never be able to compete with countries like Spain, France, England; because, a little weather will stop us playing. I know it's crazy to compare the NEWFM First Division to international teams but doesn't the development of our future generations start in this competition. For example, what about Andrew Hoole? He has gone from Magic first grade to Australian U/20's.

So I reckon. Play in all types of weather, rain, hail, shine even snow but lets be honest, that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    I remember this discussion happened last year however I want to bring it up again.
    Yeah, the ground may get damaged but if each player in the club pulls their weight,
    gets to training an hour early, or even just 30 minutes early to do some quick ground repairs they would have no problem.
    I honestly thought that if you were playing at this level you would be aspiring to further your career in football and try and make it into the A-league.
    Yes, I know only a select few will ever make the transition to professional. But, if you look at European football, they play: rain, hail and shine.
    That is why Australian football will never be able to compete with countries like Spain, France, England; because, a little weather will stop us playing. I know it's crazy to compare the NEWFM First Division to international teams but doesn't the development of our future generations start in this competition. For example, what about Andrew Hoole? He has gone from Magic first grade to Australian U/20's.

So I reckon. Play in all types of weather, rain, hail, shine even snow but lets be honest, that will never happen.

+1 110%
    Especially when its already halfway through the competition, most teams with only about 6 games left to play on home soil.
    Midweek games where abit of rain has fallen will be even harder to get played as councils have ruling for alot of clubs.

Winner1

Hate to burst your bubble but if you want to get anywhere you don't aspire to become part of the A-League....Those that want to get anywhere move to Europe. It also has nothing to do with the weather why we cannot compete up there with the elite countries; it has to do with Australia being a society that plays many sports. When this happens, the country becomes overall mediocre.
    Oh and the weather was pretty foul yesterday and you cannot compare NEWFM and the likes of the big leagues overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Winner1 View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble but if you want to get anywhere you don't aspire to become part of the A-League....Those that want to get anywhere move to Europe. It also has nothing to do with the weather why we cannot compete up there with the elite countries; it has to do with Australia being a society that plays many sports. When this happens, the country becomes overall mediocre.
    Oh and the weather was pretty foul yesterday and you cannot compare NEWFM and the likes of the big leagues overseas.

Noone whinges about the standard of league or afl in australia. Because they dont have countries 5x more populated and 100 percent devoted to those sports playing them. Otherwise we'd be 30th + in the world in them to.

Soccers still the most played sport in this country statistics proved that just a year ago. And as a person that went to three different high schools I can tell you the best athletes that got nowere in there chosen sports were soccer players proving how hard it is. Some guys even making state or national teams in there 2nd choice sport because it was that much easyier.

A league is still a huge acomplishment theres like 300000+ that play soccer in australia and if you make it there your an athlete.

The problem with soccer in this country is like newcastle. 10x more people play soccer but most support league. Even in some afl towns more people play soccer but they all support afl. How often will you be at soccer training and talk of the weekends rugby league games come up. Till soccer players start following soccer. The amount of profesional teams , money and players actually playing professional in this country will never reach what it should be.
    Last edited by ace22; 03-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Mate you have eaten your words here,
    2 nbn soccer games got played yesterday,
    NOT 1 Rugby League game got played......

Winner1
    You've missed the point: Australia's primary sports are NRL, AFL and cricket. The money goes into those sports because while soccer is the most popular..... the quality of players isn't there. If anyone wants to be a great player and be up there they get the hell out of Australia. To be able to promote the game with followers , the quality has to be there...and it's not. The game has become too political in Australia, but that is like in most sports, but even more so in the soccer case.