Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Not sure if the buds have injuries - they were at full strength at the weekend though.

Just heading to wests for some fine dinning and then down to the ground to watch a cracking game of football hopefully ... And also the bonus of what should be a cracking 23s game as well.

When does the 19s game get played

Quote Originally Posted by Moley View Post
    Just heard maitland are missing three key players from there 1st grade squad for tonight's game due to work commitments and exams.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Interesting ? what players are missing or you have heard are missing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    Not sure if the buds have injuries - they were at full strength at the weekend though.

Just heading to wests for some fine dinning and then down to the ground to watch a cracking game of football hopefully ... And also the bonus of what should be a cracking 23s game as well.

When does the 19s game get played
    Thursday night

1 - 0 ht to maitland... adamstown down to 10 men. 2 yellows.

1-1. cracking goal to atown. top corner, unstoppable. Atown come out firing with only 10 men.

Atown score winner with 10 to go. Brave header from set piece. 2 - 1 ... I'll leave all the controversial talk to the experts tomorrow- there was plenty.

how good was the equaliser! one of the best goals ive ever seen in person

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    So finished in a draw ?
    Tronna with 10 men shit on westy.In my car on the hill looking thru a fogged windscreen and westy still looked terrible. This comp ffs. Oh and Bails was in goals for Tronna lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Maito 23s 1- Atown 0

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    So finished in a draw ?
    Tronna with 10 men shit on westy.In my car on the hill looking thru a fogged windscreen and westy still looked terrible. This comp ffs. Oh and Bails was in goals for Tronna lol
    Which Bails????
    Match report youaskedforit?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    So finished in a draw ?
    Was the Trono Keeper sent?

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    Which Bails????
    West Wallsend are/were woeful, Tronno dug in and were way more hungry and yes bails was in goals

Not sure what happened to keeper.

Language on the field has not changed ....

Toronto keeper had some kind of facial injury I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    An absolute bomb from Roger Dowdell. There were plenty at the ground also claiming it was the best goal they had witnessed live at a ground.

I heard a Maitland player made his return from injury last night and ended up walking off with a Broken leg?

how about those invincible Adamstown 23s getting beat. Any thoughts on that game?

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    Which Bails????
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Atown score winner with 10 to go. Brave header from set piece. 2 - 1 ... I'll leave all the controversial talk to the experts tomorrow- there was plenty.
    haha bit of understatement there. I just so happened to be grabbing a carton of chips at the time of the goal/ reversed decision/ no-goal situation and my take on the events were as follows. Ball was cleared off the line (didn't go over the line IMO), a'town players appeal to linesman who makes a small hand gesture to indicate play-on, ref sees this hand gesture towards a'town end and concludes linesman is indicating goal so blows her whistle. Linesman then realises what the ref has done and indicates for the ref to approach him, after their discussion the decision is reversed and a drop ball occurs on the 6 yd line.

From a referee's viewpoint there were a few mistakes made in terms of the officials actions but the correct outcome was found in the end.

Also maito keeper was very lucky to stay on the park with just a yellow after bringing down the a'town striker just outside the box. Other than that can't believe I didn't arrive in time to see this amazing equalizer. Though the winner was very pretty to watch as well.

Well the Adamstown v maitland game certainly lived up to the hype. I must say what an enjoyable game it was and played in great spirit by both teams and what a goal indeed the buds 1st goal was.

Both these teams deserve promotion and on this evidence it may just go down to the last game between both these sides which I think is either the last or second last game. I am sure belswans will think themselves even more in the race now and they will I get the chance to prove their credentials over next few weeks.

You could see how much it meant to both teams on wed night and although I give huge credit to Maitland for there part in a enjoyable game I do think the buds just sheded it and to do so with 10 men makes it an even bigger achievement.

Also watched the 23s game ... WOW , that was a battle and a half and again although you could see what it meant and the improtance of the game both teams played it in the right spirit. I cant recall a more bruising game with so many hard but fair challenges in some time. The buds 23s will no doubt be gutted at losing but it was a great run and they just need to go again. looked like one of teh Maitland players got a really sore one ? anyone know how he is ?

Heard through some boys that the maitland guy in 23s did clean break one of the bones in his leg. Even played on for a minute and walked off the field. Also was told that he refused the ambos to come in and get him as the boys were having the half time chat when they came. What a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Heard through some boys that the maitland guy in 23s did clean break one of the bones in his leg. Even played on for a minute and walked off the field. Also was told that he refused the ambos to come in and get him as the boys were having the half time chat when they came. What a legend.
    Was Dave Mudd formerly of Weston FC. Poor guy has had a horrible run of injuries.