Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Looking at the scores it doesn't appear to be to hard to score in this league, if you make NBN a 12 team comp then newfm would have to be disbanded

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Looking at the scores it doesn't appear to be to hard to score in this league, if you make NBN a 12 team comp then newfm would have to be disbanded
    Isn't that what NNSWFF are looking at doing? I heard it was State League the ZPL in the next year or 2 with no promotion or relegation but rather a application every 2 or 3 years to remain in the comp just like a State League license deal. This could be wrong but it's what I've heard around the traps.

Close to it

Thornton vs Toronto
    19s 5-1
    23s 0-0
    1sts 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Thornton vs Toronto
    19s 5-1
    23s 0-0
    1sts 2-1
    I read this as Thornton beat Toronto?

Correct

Ffs ........ Again ? Almost a replica of round 2 ?

I did not see the entire game however from what I saw Toronto never looked like they were even interested in playing and were lucky not to be punished on multiple occasions e.g. saved by some very close offside calls by the linesman.
    Struggled to match thorntons quick boys out wide and up front who were causing problems for the older fellas in torontos back line.

Maitland vs West
    19s 2-0
    23s 3-1
    1sts 4-1

Maitland v Westy
    19s 2-0 Maitland
    Not the best game Maitland had played this year but appeared to be missing/resting three key players? (captain and new midfielder) anyone from Maitland confirm this? Maitland kept the ball fairly well and should have won by a bit more with some obvious hand balls not called.

23s 3-1 Maitland
    Was a tough game to watch. Maitland not at their best and Westy just struggled, couldn't keep the ball in the early stages. To their credit got back in the game but ran out of legs in the end. Maitland need to sharpen up though.

1sts 4-1 Maitland
    New recruit Ben Martin scored another brace and could have had 3 or 4. Westy never really in this game and while it got a bit scrappy in the middle stages Maitland were a class above. Players came off looking a bit frustrated, obviously high standards at cooks square park these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Thornton vs Toronto
    19s 5-1
    23s 0-0
    1sts 2-1
    Good day out for Thornton boys, bet it was a good night at the Pub

I was at the Adamstown Rosebuds round of fixtures versing Belswans at the weekend - Great weather and my balding head got punished for not having a hat on !!

19s

I was at the Adamstown Rosebuds round of fixtures versing Belswans at the weekend - Great weather and my balding head got punished for not having a hat on !!

19s 2-2 draw

A game that did not lack effort as both teams gave their all but it did lack quality at times , that said it was a grandstand finish to the game with both teams scoring at the death - draw was probably a fair result but Belswans will be the more dissapointed to only be getting a point.

23s 7-0 Adamstown

A very one sided game and this game should have had double figures on the scoreline but for some great goalkeeping by the Belswans keeper.

The Adamstown Rosebuds 23s have on the occassions I have seen them been very entertaining to watch and are well drilled in keeping the ball on the ground and playing football and have some fine young players in that team. The strikers they have must be the fastest boys I have seen for a while at that level and they clearly know the way to the net as well.

1st grade 3-2 Adamstown

Not the most beautiful game of football I have witnessed but a fair reflection on the game. Adamstown were always in control of the game and never looked in any real danger throughout but just never seemed to be able to shake off a well organised Belswans team who fought and battled for every second ball.

There is a boy playing for Adamstown called Matthew Paul and everytime i have witnessed this kid he has scored some gems and been a class above everyone else on the park and today again was no exception . How this boy is not playing in the NBN defies me and having watched a fair bit of NBN over the last few years in my view he would walk into almost any NBN team.

Given the scorelines that Adamstown 1st grade have given out in recent weeks I think its no disgrace that Belswans came away from the day with a narrow defeat and I must also say well done to the little kid in the middle of the park with the black pony tail as he had a great game for Belswan

Matty Paul chooses to play for Adamstown. Many clubs have chased him the last couple of seasons with no luck.

TIPS- Round 6
    Singleton vs Belswans
    Adamstown vs Westy
    Toronto vs Cessnock
    Thornton vs Maitland

Tips - Round 6 (U19's)
    Singo vs Swans - Draw (7-7)
    Buds vs Bells - Draw (0-0)
    Stags vs Hornets - Draw (15-15)
    Redbacks vs Pies - Draw (8-3)

Round Summary;
    A very controversial round, with Pies to maintain top spot but lose undefeated run. The 15-15 draw is possibly the most dramatic yet likely result as hornets still have a new key player out due to an undeserved red card coz ref didn't take into account swag points accumulated from the sick punch. Singo vs Swans game is at 3/1 odds for 8 red cards as teams finish with minimum 7 players each on the field. Redbacks will benefit from swag points recieved for mad but unnecessary shoelace headbands that most players have, and therefore will come out with a deserved victory.

Great result for Maitland. , but from all reports Westy have many good young players , but lack in depth, and besides smith their coaching staff are very inexperience and couldn't adapt and adjusting to the games in all 3 grades to be a threat , can this be varified

Belswans
    Adamstown
    Cessnock ( unless d.baillie plays )
    Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Matty Paul chooses to play for Adamstown. Many clubs have chased him the last couple of seasons with no luck.
    I think you should say Matty Paul chooses to play for Chappy (glen chapman) not Adamstown,

Thornton v Maitland in Youth Grade could be the match of the round. 0-0 draw when these sides met in a trial match earlier on in the year. First Local Derby and a number of players playing against former Team mates. Thornton have been playing exceptionally well and despite not being as close on the table may just have it over Maitland if they play like they have the last 2 weekends. In saying that Maitland's side is much more experienced and that may give them edge in a game of high emotions. If key players return from Maitland well rested that could also have a big impact.

Thoughts?