Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Agree fully - both in 23s and 1st grade it would appear that its a two horse race yet again in the comp , although it would be good to see others getting better as the comp progresses.

i see nothing but a one horse race in 19s though as Maitland look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfreddy View Post
    I was at the Maitland game and I thought the ref had a good game, I heard Scott Thomas even say good game. Allowed the game to flow and be the spectacle it was always going to be. Some people just don't understand the game and would rather see a free kick blown every 2 minutes.
    In all honesty I think the ref was poor and failed to pull up fouls that would normally lead to bookings. I'm all for refs keeping the cards in their pockets but he was very close to having a brawl erupt several times. I've got no doubt Tanker would have said that to the ref as he was one who got away with plenty (he came in for some harsh challenges from Maitland also which was pulled up every time for a free kick). Unlike you have eluded above, I do have an idea of the game and in no way would I like to see a free kick every 2 minutes but on the other hand I don't like seeing broken legs either. Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one but in this case I can't agree with you. Adamstown were clearly allowed more leniency with players like Palmieri (excuse spelling), Tanker and Carter getting away with much more.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    In all honesty I think the ref was poor and failed to pull up fouls that would normally lead to bookings. I'm all for refs keeping the cards in their pockets but he was very close to having a brawl erupt several times. I've got no doubt Tanker would have said that to the ref as he was one who got away with plenty (he came in for some harsh challenges from Maitland also which was pulled up every time for a free kick). Unlike you have eluded above, I do have an idea of the game and in no way would I like to see a free kick every 2 minutes but on the other hand I don't like seeing broken legs either. Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one but in this case I can't agree with you. Adamstown were clearly allowed more leniency with players like Palmieri (excuse spelling), Tanker and Carter getting away with much more.
    If you have an idea of the game and I have no reason to doubt that - Then I am surprised it was not clear to you that the ref was trying his hardest to keep the game flowing and he was at least consistent and fair towards both teams.

You where putting your point / opinion across was fairly well until the last part which just showed up your bias towards Maitland.

How on earth you could watch that game yesterday and think the ref was for Adamstown in just silly and if you do indeed know the game well then you are not showing it with that post sir.

The game was a huge game and thus had an edge to it and yes these games are always on the brink with people having shorter tempers than normal or going into challanges that they perhaps would not otherwise consider... Its called PRESSURE , PASSION , WILL TO WIN.

Both teams had those points in abundance and both over stepped the line on occassions which reflects furtehr still the good job the ref done in handly such a important match for both sides....

Your post suggests that Adamstown kicked Maitland off the park .... as I say , silly statement in my opinion

Ooh and for what its worth I was supporting Adamstown and thought Maitland actually shaded the game so no bias from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    If you have an idea of the game and I have no reason to doubt that - Then I am surprised it was not clear to you that the ref was trying his hardest to keep the game flowing and he was at least consistent and fair towards both teams.

You where putting your point / opinion across was fairly well until the last part which just showed up your bias towards Maitland.

How on earth you could watch that game yesterday and think the ref was for Adamstown in just silly and if you do indeed know the game well then you are not showing it with that post sir.

The game was a huge game and thus had an edge to it and yes these games are always on the brink with people having shorter tempers than normal or going into challanges that they perhaps would not otherwise consider... Its called PRESSURE , PASSION , WILL TO WIN.

Both teams had those points in abundance and both over stepped the line on occassions which reflects furtehr still the good job the ref done in handly such a important match for both sides....

Your post suggests that Adamstown kicked Maitland off the park .... as I say , silly statement in my opinion

Ooh and for what its worth I was supporting Adamstown and thought Maitland actually shaded the game so no bias from my side.

I think it was a case of not necessarily the ref having a bad game but him consciously understanding that there was alot of passion in the game and trying his hardest to allow play to flow, in consciously thinking everytime he needed to blow the whistle but trying to keep the game flow it can lead to what some people may see as bias etc but simply just a case of him being human. Some challenges should have been pulled up and some shouldn't have, we see A -league and international referees do it all the time so its easy to understand how a game full of passion can effect not only players and supporters but also referees.

Both sides kicked each other equally as hard but in my opinion the trio I mentioned appeared to have the better of the decisions.

Winner1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Great game to watch with both a physical style and also some decent football played in patches. Maitland look the better at playing passing football.
    I thought the ref lost control of the match and unsure how it never erupted into an all out brawl a few times.
    The woman assistant ref was a decent sort also. Likes to answer to the crowd to much but nice bit of eye candy.
    I honestly think she did a great job, best female ref around and I have heard that she plays WPL and is the leading goal scorer. She didn't respond much at all and you can't blame her laughing at some of the stupidly, funny stuff the maitland lot were yelling out. She obviously seems to have a good relationship with most of the boys cause they don't dish out much shit to her and she was good on 23s. Would have preferred her on 1st grade actually. She's just as fast as the blokes. That and who doesn't want to see more of that piece of candy more often

Round 10 predictions;
    Adamstown vs Thornton
    Westy vs Belswans
    Toronto vs Singo
    Cessnock vs Maitland

Agree fully - both in 23s and 1st grade it would appear that its a two horse race yet again in the comp , although it would be good to see others getting better as the comp progresses.

i see nothing but a one horse race in 19s though as Maitland look good.
    Cessnock will win the compeition.

Have heard Tallan Martin has been recruited at thornton also along with the other signings they have should certainly see them wanting a top 4 spot.

looking at the table should be a good contest for 3rd and 4th this year seems alot closer than previous years but as usual the bigger teams have raced ahead of the pack so early in

Looking forward to the next maitland v adamstown clash

Anybody see the Maitland games today?
    Heard 19s 2-1 Maitland
    23s 3-0 Maitland
    1sts 5-1 Maitland
    Any reports on what the games were like?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    Anybody see the Maitland games today?
    Heard 19s 2-1 Maitland
    23s 3-0 Maitland
    1sts 5-1 Maitland
    Any reports on what the games were like?
    Ventured out to watch this maitland 19's team I've heard so much about. To me this was a very even game that could have gone either way. A draw would have been a good result. 23's got a couple of quick early goals, not much of a game. 1st was a very entertaining game with the score not a true reflection, was 1-1 late into the second half with both teams missing heaps of scoring chances. Cessnock made a late sub as did maitland then maitland put away 3 goals in about a 5min period. The game didnt reflect there positions on the table. Enjoyed a very fast even game except for a 5min period.

Quote Originally Posted by Off the bench View Post
    Ventured out to watch this maitland 19's team I've heard so much about. To me this was a very even game that could have gone either way. A draw would have been a good result. 23's got a couple of quick early goals, not much of a game. 1st was a very entertaining game with the score not a true reflection, was 1-1 late into the second half with both teams missing heaps of scoring chances. Cessnock made a late sub as did maitland then maitland put away 3 goals in about a 5min period. The game didnt reflect there positions on the table. Enjoyed a very fast even game except for a 5min period.

Was told that the game was abit stale throughout and that the subs were what changed the game for both teams especially maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Was told that the game was abit stale throughout and that the subs were what changed the game for both teams especially maitland.
    Yes the subs did change the game. But was anyone's game to then. All I seen was two teams fighting hard for the points. I enjoyed the game and score was not a true reflexion but maitland deserved the win and were pushed hard for more than 3/4 of the game.

Maitland play Adamstown again very soon i think too. I watched the last game and was dissapointed by the amount of spectators, very important games for the region of Maitland, would be huge for the region for a team to be back in the NBN and actually give Weston abit of a local derby!

Maitland play Adamstown again very soon i think too. I watched the last game and was dissapointed by the amount of spectators, very important games for the region of Maitland, would be huge for the region for a team to be back in the NBN and actually give Weston abit of a local derby!
    Sunday 2nd June is their next clash at Adamstown , rosebuds have made it their old boys day

Hopefully with the game being at Adamstown there may be a good turnout.

Wasn't it mothers day when the game was played?

Was at a NBN game the weekend passed so i missed the newfm

Heard the boy Martin was on fire for Maitland and with that form they may just get the derby with Weston your looking for . I still think though that Adamstown have a great mix of class , youth and potential to take them all the way

On Adamstown I believe that their 23s win was that teams 10th win out of 10 games - no mean feat by any division !!

And yes the last encounter between Maitland and Adamstown was on Mother's Day.

Adamstown 19s have been getting hammered?
    Maitland have 1st in 19s/1sts and 2nd in 23s, so either team deserves the promotion.

Nobody has said otherwise ? was simply saying that a team in the newfm has gone on a 10 winning streak from 10 games and its deserving of recognition

Just as I have recognised other achievements across my clubs (Maitland included) .