Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

They did neither... Edgy beat them in the grand final

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesoccer View Post
    They did neither... Edgy beat them in the grand final
    They won the first past the post. Edgy won the Grand Final 4-2 after finishing the regular season in 2nd spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    They won the first past the post. Edgy won the Grand Final 4-2 after finishing the regular season in 2nd spot!
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Edgy and olympic always buy there squads that's common knowledge, some clubs develope
    Another one of your great its common knowledge that edgy and Olympic buy THEIR squads comments while others develop statements foreverRed.Surprised you didn't mention magic or lakes as well.EVERY club buys their squads.Lets look at your side,we all know your involved with or support Southy.
    Mick Stafford-recruited from Dudley?
    Bures-magic?
    Pratt-Phoenix?
    Korotich-Olympic?
    Gazzard-Olympic?
    Dino faj-Olympic?
    Dennis faj-Phoenix?
    Brad waters-magic?
    Now before you blowup I am not picking on Southy,as I said,everyone buys their squads

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Yes there is. Talent or lack ther of, however you look at it is not an issue. The biggest problem is that all the talent is concentrated in two/three clubs. When was the last time some one other than Magic. Olympic or Edgeworth won the title. By title I mean first past the post not the grand final.
    I think lakes may have won it mid 2000s,other than that it has been magic edgy or Weston over the last 10 years.Last year was the first time Olympic have ever won the premiership

Thry won the grand final, did they come first?
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Another one of your great its common knowledge that edgy and Olympic buy THEIR squads comments while others develop statements foreverRed.Surprised you didn't mention magic or lakes as well.EVERY club buys their squads.Lets look at your side,we all know your involved with or support Southy.
    Mick Stafford-recruited from Dudley?
    Bures-magic?
    Pratt-Phoenix?
    Korotich-Olympic?
    Gazzard-Olympic?
    Dino faj-Olympic?
    Dennis faj-Phoenix?
    Brad waters-magic?
    Now before you blowup I am not picking on Southy,as I said,everyone buys their squads
    All the players you mention we're not first graders or playing first grade, Steve Piggott developed these players into first graders, along with nick Russell & Daniel Johnson , the reason I did mention other clubs was because they were not mentioned in the original post, edgeworth have never cared for juniors until NNSWF put scare into them last season with the rules of the new NCR, some coaches believe they are good coaches because they win trophies, my mum could coach some of these squads put together by some clubs, Gary Wilson has finally realised he can coach and is embarking on promoting youth instead of window shopping and failing, well done Gary, maybe Steve Piggott had a word in his ear

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Dino faj-Olympic?
    started his state league career at lakes iirc

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    started his state league career at lakes iirc
    Started at Olympic then Lakes then returned to Olympic before heading to South Cardiff

Stafford, Dennis Faj and Brad Waters were all first graders at their clubs prior to moving to Southy

Stafford was playing z grade, Faj played maybe 2 games of the bench and Walters was playing reserve grade, FFS, south Cardiff are not the ones buying trophies, they prefer to win them, look at the turn over of first graders at other clubs and then you will understand

Good to see the annual bitching about clubs has started up again this year.

Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Full stop for me,

Move this to NBN thread boys.

all players start somewhere. No club has any real ownership of a player, they'll eventually either as a junior or senior be poached or gravitate to the said big 3 and then by other clubs who can attract or afford them. One big gravy train. good luck to anyone if you can make a buck from this sport. Other clubs will become big and so forth as the years go by. So, lets get back to kicking the **** out each other and stringing a few passes together so the supporters have some good entertainment.

Also, this is the radio thread not the tv thread. carn singo have go

Match report of Stags and Maitland?

demon
    Rosebubs V Singleton

Only watched the earlier grades in this one as had planned to duck over and watch Jaffas V Magic. U19's was not a bad game but both teams will have valuable room for improvement. Rosebubs win.

Both 19's and 23's were rather one sided in terms of possession and shots on goals, I hope it was a combination of being an away game and a Sat that forced Singleton to play their entire 6 Over Age players in the starting team (my apologies if it wasnt six but it certainly looked like it was from the faces and builds). U19's backing up can be a good thing if they have earnt that selection but I think Sat was more a case of no other players being at the game so they had to use U19's as their bench.

While I didnt watch the sheer knowledge later on of the first grade result simply had me shaking my head, not at Adamstown's score but at having seen how poorly Thrornton played the week prior to have seven Rosebubds goals put in their net to have 12 is simply a full step and a half below the standard that should be acceptable at this level.

That was the third time I have seen Singleton in action and am now seeing quite a bit of value in those questioning the Federation continuing with them at this level. Considering the cost to all clubs and to the Singleton players themselves in travel alone not to be competive to that degree is a concern.

Cessnock V West Wallsend

Actually caught all three grades here. A fight in 19's which appeared to begin with a headbutt and was returned by a decent punch then quickly moved to melee stage with all but 5 players at least grabbing and/or pulling at others. What was amazing was 3 officials watching and only the first 2 players red carded?? I agree with those entriely but what of the next 2-3 players who then joined in not being repremanded at all or captains spoken to? Odd to say the least. Cessnock won an even game one nil and that will possibly be a game West Wallsend will regret not taking points in later this season. On the positives Cessnock moved the ball well at the back and West Wallsend appear to have picked up 2-3 new players who looked quite capable at this level.

U23's saw West Wallsend take the points in a game which they should have scored at least another two with the domination in attack. It seems both sides defences have some issues, Cessnock played out poorly at times and Westy played backwards far too often. Midfield was a good battle between youth and experience but in a quite humid day at that hour took a toll and didn't live up to the possibilities of the first 15 mins. In attack Cessnock lacked any real punch whereas West Wallsend played their width well and were regualry getting balls into the box but delivering too close to the keeper.

First grade saw a real one sided affair in West Wallsend attack over running Cessnocks defence system. Blake Glenny picked up a hat trick but off some fantastic work by his other forward. Both wide midfielders played well for Westy but the game by Cain Riley, so I was told is this tall lads name, was a true dagger in Cessnocks game plan and they had no answer for his runs, cutting inside and crosses, and the returning Blake Redman on the opposite side kept the Cessnock midfield honest in trying to deal with both sides of the park.

Cessnocks goal was part luck and part poor positioning from the keeper while West Wallsend goals game from good build up and some confident finishing.

Since I was taken to task over a few comments about Belmont's ground lol I thought I'd continue and comment on the Cessnock field. Now I actually enjoy this park, I like seeing juniors and seniors together. The outer grounds next Sat full of kids will be a lovely sight and last year I saw juniors teams playing on the senior field which I thought was a good to see a club do also.

Parking, while not a great deal to watch the game from really at this time of year is not a problem. Middle of winter on a rainy Sunday I might have said differently but I was happy to enjoy the Sunday weather, park up in the upper car park and stroll down. Canteen was lovely and I thought very well priced which just encouraged me to spend that bit extra. Stands were good and provded great shade in the sunnier part of the day. I only saw the away sheds for a moment at the very end of the day and while not huge they did accomodate the entire team and coaches without feeling like people were on top of each other. And importantly a coach could talk and use the whiteboard and all players see him/it easily.

The pitch was a slight let down, seeing the colour from the top car park I had high hopes but saw up close the uneven surface hidden by the thicker grass which became more obvious from a few of the bounces during the games. But to credit both clubs on the day I cant remember a single player blame a bad touch on the surface. A little help from the Council up there could see a good venue be given a surface to match the club volunteers efforts.

Round 5 predictions;

Thornton vs Toronto
    Adamstown vs Belswans
    Maitland vs Westy
    Singleton vs Cessnock

FOOTBALL

See your ad here
    It was a mixed bag of results for Maitland district teams in Northern NSW First Division football matches on Sunday.

The Thornton Redbacks conceded twice in the final 15 minutes going down 2-0 against Belmont Swansea at home while the Maitland Magpies kept their unbeaten start to 2013 intact by doubling up in the second half for a 2-0 victory against Toronto Awaba at Blacksmiths Oval.

Magpies new signing Ben Martin continued to make his presence felt with two goals, which takes his season tally to eight after the opening four rounds, while Thornton struggled to put their chances away according to Redbacks coach Darrel McAllister.

“We suffered from not putting the ball in the back of the net,” he said.

“It came back to hurt us and it’s not the first time this year.”

It was at the other end of the paddock that McAllister was most impressed with midweek recruit Shannon Szmynec, formally of Lambton, Beresfield and Adamstown, *making quite a first impression between the sticks as goalkeeper.

Overall, McAllister said the contest was an even one and the result “could have gone either way”.

The Magpies made no mistake on the north-eastern edge of Lake Macquarie and made it four wins from as many matches.

See your ad here
    Martin, previously from Edgeworth and Broadmeadow, scored a penalty midway through the second half to break the deadlock before sealing the game with a second finish 10 minutes from time.

Tim Grant and Adam Sidoti both left the ground injured and will undergo fitness tests at training this week.

In other results, Adamstown annihilated Singleton 12-0 at Howe Park on Saturday while Cessnock suffered their second straight loss with a 4-1 result against West Wallsend at Turner Park on Sunday.

Print Story

goes to show that in this comp, if any team wants to make a serious push for promotion, as in previous seasons, u have to recruit a quality striker. the level of defending that i have seem at some games is at times laughable, and decent strikers punish these teams quite severely

ben martin is probably the best striker in newfm.