Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Toronto failed to get results against the lesser teams and that really did cost them. A lack of discipline did not help either with a few key players picking up suspensions throughout the season.

The game between Maitland and Azzuri was quite good given the conditions; the ground was not in the best shape and it was very hot but both teams competed very well. Azzuri 19's have not had an off season as such so they looked well drilled but their coach guides them around the park a lot. Maitland did well (not sure how much of a preseason they have had so far) but created some good chances and the new guys to the team look like they will really strengthen the side; their coach walked off all smiles. Not sure what everyone else thought that was there?

I'll be interested to see how Maitland trial in the new year and the other 19s teams in NewFM
    Last edited by Jose; 10-12-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Where was it played at?

Beresfield Seniors Ground

Yeah went down and watched (I only live 500m from ground) and the there was a surprisingly high level of quality given the conditions. Was about 35 degrees and the grass was about half way up the players shins, but both teams did well. Judging by maitland's performance yesterday (just their 2nd run all year) they will be difficult to beat next year.

Azzuri very reliant on there holding midfielder which could cost them next year as I can see him moving up the grades

Very impressive from Maitland if that's only their second run given the new players they have. No one stuck out as not fitting in.

They could be very tough to beat if they improve to the potential they look to have.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    there is a thread for player movements, rumours and other bullshit

as always on the local forum, this is your first and final warning before we out your real names and ban you, blah blah blah...

Can anybody tell me the overage ruling for U23s? e.g. how many overage players you can have etc

Lets get this thread going again!
    Predictions;
    Adamstown/maitland
    Adamstown/maitland
    Belswans
    West Wallsend
    Cessnock
    Toronto
    Thornton
    Singleton

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Predictions;
    Adamstown/maitland
    Adamstown/maitland
    Belswans
    West Wallsend
    Cessnock
    Toronto
    Thornton
    Singleton
    have westy retained any 1st graders from last year or are they starting afresh ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Hmm i think i saw on the movements thread that one guy had moved on at least, also on the northern website they are advertising for players for all 3 grades.

Predictions;
    Adamstown/maitland
    Adamstown/maitland
    Belswans
    West Wallsend
    Cessnock
    Toronto
    Thornton
    Singleton
    Adamstown
    Maitland
    West Wallsend
    Thornton
    Belswans
    Cessnock
    Toronto
    Singleton

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    have westy retained any 1st graders from last year or are they starting afresh ?
    Will be a bit of a turnover from last year.

Maitland
    Adamstown
    Thornton
    Westy
    Belswans
    Cessnock
    Toronto
    Singleton

Think it should be closest comp in a long time.
    Ive heard thornton are rebuilding with new coach, if cessnock retain the players they picked up in the later stages of last year they could be very good team, heard belswans have picked up some players, same for maitland and you would think adamstown too.

Think it should be closest comp in a long time.
    Ive heard thornton are rebuilding with new coach, if cessnock retain the players they picked up in the later stages of last year they could be very good team, heard belswans have picked up some players, same for maitland and you would think adamstown too.
    I have been told that Cessnock have picked up a handful of young players from NBN clubs which should improve them this season.

so noone seems to know what players clubs have, so i'd be saying these predictions are really guesses yeah ?
    pretty sure adamstown-maitland will be top 2 but I have no idea on other teams makeups
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Ive heard names a little while ago, in particular for belswans (cant remember the names) however everything at this stage would still just be speculation. Adamstown especially have been quiet so maybe they feel comfortable with their same squad? If Cessnock do retain their team they had towards the end of last season they'll be tough to beat (they ended up picking up a few ex-weston players)

Mark Shalimov to westy is all i know

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Mark Shalimov to westy is all i know
    Where'd he move from?