Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Where'd he move from?
    Toronto Awaba GK

It is a huge shame this club, three or four years ago was in NBN, then for the first half of 2011 was front runners with Azzuri and Maitland in New FM, now being tipped to finish in the lowet tier of the competition.

Thats football i guess, look at leeds, middlesborough and even teams in league 1 + 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Thats football i guess, look at leeds, middlesborough and even teams in league 1 + 2!
    Yeah i suppose

demon
    I imagine the next few weeks will see final squads settled in, there are players I know of that are still training/trialling with multiple clubs/different divisions and yet to commit to a particular club. Nothing unusual in that and fair enough players should be trying to play the highest level they can.

The Coaches seminar and ground availability seems to have thrown a spanner in the works on some trials game around the divisions also, Maitland and Westy were looking to a mid week game possibly to have a run but can't confirm the date.

Has anyone got definate trial game set down? Be good to get along and watch an odd game to start getting into the routine again.

Maitland Vs Thornton Midweek games next week. (at this stage Tuesday & Thursday out at tomago)

Thornton having inter club trial and a 1sts game vst wingham fc on sunday out at Tomago again
    Last edited by goaliepersempre; 01-02-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    Amigos Aarau

Thornton tend to get themselves a game each week during pre season. also heard maitland will be doing similar with games expected against a mixture of nbn/newfm teams however neither have been able to lock down dates etc due to issue Demon raised above. Rain expected too which is not good when trying to fit in trial games

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post

It is a huge shame this club, three or four years ago was in NBN, then for the first half of 2011 was front runners with Azzuri and Maitland in New FM, now being tipped to finish in the lowet tier of the competition.
    It's pretty hard to keep stability at a club that is run by a committee and coaching staff with no idea on man management.

demon
    West Wallsend V Maitland?? Is there a mid week trail game going ahead for these two clubs this week?

Judging by the responses I have had their must be a wealth of GK talent in Newcastle, but if anyone (NEW FM or ZPL) needs one PM me.

Northern site lists 3 games between Thornton and Maitland this week, Monday 4th 19s, Tues 5th 23s, Thurs 7th 1sts. All games played at Tomago Sports Complex kickoff about 6pm.

demon
    Believe Maitland are hosting West Wallsend next Thursday the 14th but only 23's and Firsts

Thornton and West Wallsend are definate on the 24th for all three grades at tomago 1pm, 2.30pm and 4.00 kick offs

from reports maitland beat Thornton last night in 1sts.
    Amigos Aarau

Thornton would have been missing their striker i think, honeymooning in hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Thornton would have been missing their striker i think, honeymooning in hawaii
    That indeed, think he is back in the next 1 or 2 wks.
    Amigos Aarau

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    I doubt anyone will be able to read anything from these first trials about the coming season. Game plans etc aren't even being prepared by coaches for opposition yet. Everyone is still focusing on themselves, formations, player positions, combinations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    I doubt anyone will be able to read anything from these first trials about the coming season. Game plans etc aren't even being prepared by coaches for opposition yet. Everyone is still focusing on themselves, formations, player positions, combinations etc.
    thus no analysis just the outcome.
    Amigos Aarau

First Grade - Adamstown 2 defeated Valentine Phoenix 1

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    there would be a problem if they didnt

Quote Originally Posted by The Manager View Post
    First Grade - Adamstown 2 defeated Valentine Phoenix 1
    good result for the buds, have they improved the squad or just played really well? and on the other hand, did valentine play poor and from reports, have they lost a few from their squad?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    good result for the buds, have they improved the squad or just played really well? and on the other hand, did valentine play poor and from reports, have they lost a few from their squad?
    I was there supporting Adamstown, so can't really comment on where Phoenix are at except to say it was the first trial for both teams. Adamstown seem to have the same squad from last year with the addition of a couple of players trialling from Port Macquarie. Adamstown did seem to play well, I would say that Chappy was a lot happier then Tappy.

Also Adamstown 3 def Kincumber 0 last night in a first grade trial at Adamstown Oval. This game was not as fluent as the Phoenix game.