Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

demon
    Mailtand V West Wallsend 14th Feb

Two games played at Maitland. First game I saw the first 60 mins (of 80), both sides very much going into the spirit of it being a trial game. Westy started and played the entire first 60 mins with two U19's and 3 U23's and Maitland used their bench regulary and across the park.

Maitland played as fluid a game as was allowed with Westy willing to drop deeper and generally keeping two good solid lines of formation forcing Maitland to try and play through. Maitland the ball were well positioned, knew their roles and tried hard to play a good short passing game. End score was 3-0 I believe and after game both coaches look satisifed with what they both got out of the game with match fitness playing its part in the scoreline late into the game.

Second game was the more entertaining of the two, mainly because the younger squads and younger legs meant more running and more turnovers. First half was pretty even with Maitland having the clear cut chances but really lacked any decent finishing. Can't be sure but what was down as a 23's for both sides really looked more like a mix of 23 & 19's. Both teams had some nice passages of play throughout the game with Westy paying for a lapse in defence just after half time and again match fitness meaning Maitland took a better lead before Westy pinned one back with a lovely lob from about 35 out after Maitland made a mistake playing out.

Was good to see two teams both with a definate philosophy of wanting to play out from the back and striving for the short passes and in both games we saw very little of the old hail mary passes from the defence. Even under pressure both sides first instincts were to pay football.

Looking forward to Adamstown v Magic tomorrow at Adamstown (weather permitting I assume). 19's at 1pm, 23's at 2.30 and First grade at 4pm. If any or all called off will try and post details tomorrow morning.

Awesome stuff Demon, really enjoyed to be able to read an actual analysis of a match. Very much appreciated

demon
    Adamstown V Magic 3 Grades

We my daughter donated about $30 to Rosebuds canteen over the day and the red frogs were probably the highlight. These need to be made compulsory for all NBN and NEW FM clubs in 2013.

U19;s while the scoreline was as expected I was expecting far better play from a Magic team together since Nov with 2 keepers and plenty of fresh reserves. Rosebubs gave up possession far to easily to keep the scoreline close (7-1 in the end) and will need to work on that badly. Disappointing part was Rosebuds coach seemed to be working off a predetermined interchange plan rather than what was happening in front of him.

U23's Competitive display by Rosebuds but I think possibly fortunate. Magic moved the ball well and at a whim at times and really did not seem to get out of 3rd gear nor care too. Rosebuds had a few good moments generally,moved the ball across the pitch, looked for good links to midfield but seemed to be let down by a forward player who let frustration appear too easily in his decisions.

1st to be honest I would not once have seen magic put that team on the park last season, with Bennis still very much in doubt and looking another operation or possibly retiring, Haynes dropped into a No 10 roll and was controlling the distribution. Problem is they will miss his poaching abilities if he does drop out of their front two, and that showed. Rosebub's (dare I say) got more out of the game than perhaps served. Solid display from their keeper but I thought their defence did lack some control at times. The midfield was slightly won by Magic but it also seemed Magic were not at full gear. Rosebuds did well with their chances upfront and will be their strength this season I think.

Pitch.... guys its a good idea to mow then mark lines because no one could see them. Some of the divots were a concern, looked nice and thick and solid before the games but during seemed to be very shallow roots so I hope once getting full workouts and wet weather it can remain a good surface.

One thing noticed was some more senior players do not appreciate the dominating personality of the coach, lets face it by that age you know when you need to go in to get ready. You don't need the coach calling you down form the stands one at a time like school children the second 23's leave the sheds.

What was final score in the 23s?

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    One thing noticed was some more senior players do not appreciate the dominating personality of the coach, lets face it by that age you know when you need to go in to get ready. You don't need the coach calling you down form the stands one at a time like school children the second 23's leave the sheds.
    Chappy or Virgilli???

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    Chappy or Virgilli???
    I'll have $50 on Chilli

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    I'll have $50 on Chilli
    bugger... the missus only gives me $25 a week pocket money, so I'll have to pay you out in installments lol

bugger... the missus only gives me $25 a week pocket money, so I'll have to pay you out in installments lol
    You've obviously been stashing a bit away or she's advanced you $5 on next week. You spent $30 yesterday on red frogs etc😀

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    You've obviously been stashing a bit away or she's advanced you $5 on next week. You spent $30 yesterday on red frogs etc��
    Raises an important question. What were the other highlights at the concession stand? Good hotdogs? Pies?

Thornton Vs Mayfield at Tomago

19s vs thirds?

1 -1

23s vs Reserves

3 - 0

1sts game

Left at halftime score was 1 nil to mayfield

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    You've obviously been stashing a bit away or she's advanced you $5 on next week. You spent $30 yesterday on red frogs etc
    No , my son was silly enough to trust me with his wallet while they were playing so the first 80 mins was on him.

Actually to their credit Rosebubs ran a good canteen, a few clubs tend to run just a basic canteen for trials but they have a good variety of most things.

demon
    West Wallsend v Thornton this Sunday at Tomago

Rosebuds v ? this Saturday at Adamstown

Any other games on at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    What was final score in the 23s?

Rosebuds 23s 1 v Magic23s 1

Very good game and two very different halfs. Rosebuds will consider themselves fortunate to have only been 0-1 down at the break as Magic missed chance after chance but it was a very different half second half and mainly dominated by the rosebuds with them missing 3 one on ones with the keeper and also having a stone wall penalty turned down. That said, the buds keeper had to pull off a last minute save to deny Magic victory.

Also worth noting that Magic had more than a few players playing that have vast 1st grade NBN experience and that Rosebuds 1st grade had a wealth of 23s players either on the pitch or on the bench for them so it was a weakend buds 23s team.

Not sure of the name of the Magic 23s number 10 (small holding midfielder but he was a class above every other 23s player on the pitch and looks like he could handle the step up to 1st grade).

On the other games

Magics 19s got some very handy players by the looks of things and think they will go well this year .

1st grade ... I am sure both coaches will have been satisfied with the work out the players got as the game was played at a high tempo throughout and very unlike a pre season trial game (perhaps this was down to the Buds coaching staff and their Magic past ?

Ooh and yes canteen at Buds is good although the eggs were overly well done or perhaps me just being fussy Ha Ha

Maitland 1st vs Weston 1st Tuesday 19th Feb (tomorrow)
    7pm, cooks square park

some good early results from the adamstown boys, they must be coming along quite nicely

Belswans v Dudley from Sunday

19's Belswans 1 Dudley 0
    23's Belswans 0 Dudley 1
    1st's Belswans 3 Dudley 0

West Wallsend v Thornton this Sunday at Tomago

Rosebuds v ? this Saturday at Adamstown

Any other games on at this stage?
    is vs lakes i believe.

Stags lost all three grades to kincumber I believe

Quote Originally Posted by RedMexican View Post
    is vs lakes i believe.
    Correct, Adamstown v Lake Macquarie City FC at Adamstown Oval on Saturday 23rd Feb 2013

U/19's 1.00pm
    U/23's 2.30pm
    Firsts 4.00pm

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep the long balls short View Post
    Rosebuds 23s 1 v Magic23s 1

Not sure of the name of the Magic 23s number 10 (small holding midfielder but he was a class above every other 23s player on the pitch and looks like he could handle the step up to 1st grade).
    I was told his name but have forgotten but he actually is under 19's but will not be spending any time in that team for obvious reasons. Small but I don't think many opposition will catch him dwelling on the ball to take advantage of that.