Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone Premier League Thread

Just as a general comment, I really have no idea why demon needs to continue to jump between feeds and have his say! To be honest, everything you have said about wallsend and other clubs has generally been incorrect or completely biast. In fairness your club, a club that used to offer so much is going down the toilet. I think you should sort that out before worrying about wallsends reign being short lived

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on the massive brick wall that has been erected between ZPL and NEWFM. I am pretty frustrated that teams in ZPL were not even considered in the slightest. Surely it makes more sense for NEWFM to be a 10 team comp (whether its Uni, Cookers, Dudley or anyone else who gets the chance). Heck, it may even breathe a new bit of life into the very stale NEWFM league. I know criteria needs to be met, etc, but at least give clubs the opportunity.
    agree, give'em a go. Give 3 years to make appropriate improvements to club/ground. Might get relo'd before then but thats football. The big boys at the top can sort out promotion to the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    agree, give'em a go. Give 3 years to make appropriate improvements to club/ground. Might get relo'd before then but thats football. The big boys at the top can sort out promotion to the bigs.
    I honestly cant see how Singleton deserve to stay in NEW FM and certain clubs in ZPL are refused an opportunity. How many years can they continue to be pathetic on the park and given a free ride in the comp? I think they are kept there year in year out due to the geographic rather than merit.
    Time for a shake up in NEW FM is well overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I honestly cant see how Singleton deserve to stay in NEW FM and certain clubs in ZPL are refused an opportunity. How many years can they continue to be pathetic on the park and given a free ride in the comp? I think they are kept there year in year out due to the geographic rather than merit.
    Completely agree! When you look at a club like cooks hill... big junior base, consistantly successful and ambitious, give them a go.
    Uni... ok so you cant pay to get in (no fencing), but they have successfull teams consistantly and their ground would be close to the best in NEWFM.

Criteria is a heaps of B.S! Tell me how Singletons ground complies with all of their standards and cooks hill and uni dont? Atleast cooks hill are attempting to upgrade!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Completely agree! When you look at a club like cooks hill... big junior base, consistantly successful and ambitious, give them a go.
    Uni... ok so you cant pay to get in (no fencing), but they have successfull teams consistantly and their ground would be close to the best in NEWFM.

Criteria is a heaps of B.S! Tell me how Singletons ground complies with all of their standards and cooks hill and uni dont? Atleast cooks hill are attempting to upgrade!
    Spot on in your assessment, seems the people concerned are happy to continue with a second rate competition that is currently New FM. I don't see why any clubs would be rushing into playing in it when promotion and relegation in the zone leagues is creating a strong and viable competition, ZPL has improved every year and with the promotion of Wallsend will be stronger and more competitive again next year, last year Barnsley proved they deserved their spot and there are other teams of ZPL standard i.e. Suburbs who will be pushing for promotion next year. Finally I would say any of the top 6 teams in ZPL would improve the current New FM league if they were given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by hotspur1 View Post
    Spot on in your assessment, seems the people concerned are happy to continue with a second rate competition that is currently New FM. I don't see why any clubs would be rushing into playing in it when promotion and relegation in the zone leagues is creating a strong and viable competition, ZPL has improved every year and with the promotion of Wallsend will be stronger and more competitive again next year, last year Barnsley proved they deserved their spot and there are other teams of ZPL standard i.e. Suburbs who will be pushing for promotion next year. Finally I would say any of the top 6 teams in ZPL would improve the current New FM league if they were given the opportunity.
    ZPL can easily become a stronger competition to play in than NEWFM is anyway. With the improvement in the league and the leagues below it in the last couple of years, you can only see it getting stronger.
    In theory it may be "3rd tier" but if there is no step between 3rd and 2nd it really becomes its own association which could be classed completely seperate from NEWFM/NBN.
    Therefore it could be "top tier" and easily become stronger over time... why not!
    Maybe it cannot compete financially, but football wise i think it already is very close and culture wise it would be stronger.

I may be dreaming but i honestly believe we will end up with a 3rd tier competition that will be significantly strong than the 2nd if this whole criteria thing isnt sorted out!
    Last edited by leftrightout; 20-09-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Singo deserve to stay in because they do a great kransky with mustard on a bread roll

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Singo deserve to stay in because they do a great kransky with mustard on a bread roll
    important part of criteria

Clubs with juniors like Cookshill (will use clubs as examples) should move into comps like NewFm with 19s and 23s as it gives junior players a pathway, but clubs like (New Lambton, Mayfield) would need to join forces with junior clubs to make the move up to NewFm or stay in ZPL. That should be more the criteria of the NewFm comp, strong juniors not bricks and mortar. It's more like what northern want clubs to be anyway. So Cookshill and Dudley to be promoted into NewFm and Garden Suburbs and Wallsend move into ZPL and then would join with juniors to move into NewFm.
    Then to move into NBN you have a strong junior base not a manufactured scout farm. You would end up with players becoming more loyal to a club and not after coin. And you have had time to fix up your ground to be in line with the criteria. it has a more natural flow but I'm only a football nut and not a politician, so what do I know?
    I don't even know if this is the right thread.

This tread has had more traffic in post season then it did for the entire year.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Two tone View Post
    Clubs with juniors like Cookshill (will use clubs as examples) should move into comps like NewFm with 19s and 23s as it gives junior players a pathway, but clubs like (New Lambton, Mayfield) would need to join forces with junior clubs to make the move up to NewFm or stay in ZPL. That should be more the criteria of the NewFm comp, strong juniors not bricks and mortar. It's more like what northern want clubs to be anyway. So Cookshill and Dudley to be promoted into NewFm and Garden Suburbs and Wallsend move into ZPL and then would join with juniors to move into NewFm.
    Then to move into NBN you have a strong junior base not a manufactured scout farm. You would end up with players becoming more loyal to a club and not after coin. And you have had time to fix up your ground to be in line with the criteria. it has a more natural flow but I'm only a football nut and not a politician, so what do I know?
    I don't even know if this is the right thread.
    It take it you mean the juniors and seniors come together. sounds logical. If Cookers go up would they drain nearby club players looking for a higher grade.

Manufactured scout farm , love it, plenty of them in nbn

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Manufactured scout farm , love it, plenty of them in nbn
    While your at it, it's common knowledge that your club have a poor relationship with the Southy Juniors also ForeverRed.

In correct nnswf

While your at it, it's common knowledge that your club have a poor relationship with the Southy Juniors also ForeverRed.
    Who in the hell lives in broadmeadow other then trains, **** off idiot

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Who in the hell lives in broadmeadow other then trains, **** off idiot
    You have great people skills No wonder the Southy Junior club openly tell people how they have a dislike for your club.
    Anyway this thread isn't about the dramas at the chook shed and their nursery.

No dramas at the chook shed, we love our locals, unlike man city magic

Has the idea been floated, to just do away with the whole spewfm garbage?
    It's a horrible competition, apart from the two teams at the top who romp it home every year, the whole of ZPL and even the top 6 of ZL1 would be very competitive in that division. Just end it.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yes, and it is tentatively scheduled to happen by 2017

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Has the idea been floated, to just do away with the whole spewfm garbage?
    It's a horrible competition, apart from the two teams at the top who romp it home every year, the whole of ZPL and even the top 6 of ZL1 would be very competitive in that division. Just end it.
    Oh ok ...until maybe your club has been promoted and all of a sudden the comp has quality and all of newfm would be competitive in NBN...ffs this argument has been goin on since the dark ages. There's always gunna be a variation in the leagues below NBN...deal with it
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis