Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone Premier League Thread

Champions league?? That's no where near prestigious enough to compare to the RSL CUP

was at the ground late today(by defult, next door to the bowlo) a couple of dodgy patches, any more rain and i think it will be off thou.
    sorry to upset my many fans i have out there, who cant wait for my(supposibly one sided match reports) hahahah i have gone back to playin golf, so wont be at as many games this year.
    but i will still be throwin my two bobs worth in

Cardiff played Garden Suburbs for the Rsl cup in all grades.

3rds Cardiff 3-1
    Good run for the young boys. Plenty of numbers ensures good competition for start spots.

Res Suburbs 2-1
    Our guys are struggling to gel at the moment and it showed as Suburbs wanted it more.

1sts Suburbs 2-1
    Suburbs will go well this year once they get game time together with there new signings. Two early goals shocked us and then we lifted. A lucky deflection got us into the game but the big issue was 4 clear chances wasted by us. We still haven't had all firsts on the park regularly so will probably not get anywhere until a few games into the season.
    Great game played in good spirits and good crowd.

first round

New lambton vs barnsley
    swansea vs dudley
    mayfield vs uni
    platsburg vs cooks hill
    warnersbay vs cardiff

any predictions?

Draw
    Swansea
    Uni
    Draw
    Warners Bay

Quote Originally Posted by ace22 View Post
    first round

New lambton vs barnsley
    swansea vs dudley
    mayfield vs uni
    platsburg vs cooks hill
    warnersbay vs cardiff

any predictions?
    All the away teams...

Ace are you at swansea?
    I thought you guys were swimming in youth and from what I know about the club and I do know a lot of the people there you should have no problem. Have you had a mass walk out

thanks mate

After checking with a few people I found out what happened to some of the young lads from last year. Not good to hear you guys are struggling I hope you can pick up a few young blokes soon all the best for the season mate
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    After checking with a few people I found out what happened to some of the young lads from last year. Not good to hear you guys are struggling I hope you can pick up a few young blokes soon all the best for the season mate
    you too . which club are you playing for or affiliated with?

you too . which club are you playing for or affiliated with?
    Garden Suburb
    I'M GULLIBLE!

guess i shall see you next season then if all goes to plan for you guys

Haha maybe there is a long way to go before that happens
    I'M GULLIBLE!

i know the whole third grade (under 23s) thing has bin discussed 6 on the team sheet etc etc.

but does anyone have a link to the official rules for this grade this season?.

Ive bin asked by someone else to find it. 1/3 of our squad are 24 this year. And we barely even have 6 under23s .

and half the ones that are are first graders. Creating a bit of a dilema.
    Sounds like quite the dilemna mate...I guess with the rule changes you only really need 2 u/23's to play and another 4 on the bench (if thats the way your club is headed)....Our club is overall very disappointed with the associations decision to revert to basically a 3rd grade format, it pretty much kills any chances of promotion for ZPL teams (or the chance to be competitive if they are). We have continued with the u/23's vein though as it will be beneficial to our club, and will endeavour to have a maximum of 2 players over the age of 23 on our team sheet each week. Hopefully a lot of clubs have taken the same tack to ensure our competition continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Sounds like quite the dilemna mate...I guess with the rule changes you only really need 2 u/23's to play and another 4 on the bench (if thats the way your club is headed)....Our club is overall very disappointed with the associations decision to revert to basically a 3rd grade format, it pretty much kills any chances of promotion for ZPL teams (or the chance to be competitive if they are). We have continued with the u/23's vein though as it will be beneficial to our club, and will endeavour to have a maximum of 2 players over the age of 23 on our team sheet each week. Hopefully a lot of clubs have taken the same tack to ensure our competition continues to improve.

. From what ive heard they wish they were the same still under23s. But if they dont have the juniors staying what can they do. The facilities are good the club is good. But if that rule didnt change i doubt we would be fielding a team this season simple as that.

I very much doubt we have a player under 21 looking at the blokes. and only 39 registered atm. and plenty of people with commitments that take them away from games. We still need a player or to!
    Last edited by ace22; 12-04-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    well lets not start on this again, U23's should never been introduced anyway, and if you think this will harm your chances of promotion think again. if you were to go into 2hd with your 23's you would be smashed as there is quite a differnce between our's and their's. As most know i was am still against bringing this into ZPL, we were actively bringing youth thru, 2 years ago NL v tigers you beat us at warners gay, 8 out of 14 were under 22. you still can promote youth it's up to you.
    cheers

i also think theres enough grades with age restrictions . look at the 2 premier comps they have 17 19s and 23s ,firsts.

let zone leagues be open slather. Any youth with any chance of going anywere should make an nbn/newfm junior side anyway .

Barnsley
    swansea
    mayfield
    cooks hill
    warnerbay

very un educated predictions but ill run with them.

i also think theres enough grades with age restrictions . look at the 2 premier comps they have 17 19s and 23s ,firsts.

let zone leagues be open slather. Any youth with any chance of going anywere should make an nbn/newfm junior side anyway .
    yep