Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hiratio_Hufnagel View Post
    Your thoughts to rattle the cage. the Standard of Defense Piss Weak? Or has the standard of Attack improved?
    For whole comp or any team in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by keeper20 View Post
    any news on what happened to Bon?
    Hope scans show not too much wrong for you Bon, Nearly thought i was seeing double on the weekend playing Morriset, had another big bloke at the back with Dread locks playing. although he was still about 1 foot shorter than you

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Hope scans show not too much wrong for you Bon, Nearly thought i was seeing double on the weekend playing Morriset, had another big bloke at the back with Dread locks playing. although he was still about 1 foot shorter than you
    Cheers mate.. I just bumped in to a wife of one of your Raymo boys who was working at the doctors surgery in East Maito.. Lovely woman and very friendly.. I'm just about to head back up there to get more scans done now.. Its been a shocker of a few days, so I'm hoping its good news at least..

As for the tall dreadlocked dude at Mo-town, I know him well.. haha.. Awesome bloke, absolute maniac on the piss.. (Loves to kick dog-kennels bare-footed in to Dora Ck.. hahaha)

Smile

[QUOTE=Bon;36578]Cheers mate.. I just bumped in to a wife of one of your Raymo boys who was working at the doctors surgery in East Maito.. Lovely woman and very friendly.. I'm just about to head back up there to get more scans done now.. Its been a shocker of a few days, so I'm hoping its good news at least..

Yep that would be my better half, hope you get fixed up for your trip and if our teams go well might see you in the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by NWM View Post
    Raymond Terrace have still made no contact to Suns about re-scheduling the washout game........ Is there a story?
    Grounds at the terrace were attacked by bugs during summer. Dumb council didn't spray, so now the only fields we have for night games r 1 that was seeded with rye grass 2-3 weeks ago and we have not been able to train on. Or 2 others that were ripped up to install all weather drainage 3 weeks before season started so have a 100mm trench of sand every metre. Short of playing a double header 1 weekend, we need to wait out the time till grounds r fit to play on. We have been training in little cnrs of the flood lit areas and even then been lucky to get on once a week. Have been pretty well bent over and given it by council and local cricket club.

Burbs 1st grade 3-0 over mo-town

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge View Post
    Don't think it is a broken ankle maybe just ligaments.

On another note great to see Bero playing some younger fellows in 3rd grade, one in particular I believe was 14. He could play and wasn't afraid to rip in and pick on old, slow & slightly over weight has beens.
    he certainly is, good kid too, lot of potential in the young guys giving the club a much needed injection of youth!

Predictions for the weekend?

Tonight Lance York Oval
    Suburb V Moriset
    3rds 6:30pm
    Res. 8:00pm
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Predictions for the weekend?
    i will have a few too many on Saturday night....

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Tonight Lance York Oval
    Suburb V Moriset
    3rds 6:30pm
    Res. 8:00pm
    How did you go with the change over with a 6:30pm start?
    We elected for 6:15pm & 8 tonight v Uni in ZPL 3rd's & Ressies.

Suburb vs Moriset

3rds : 6 - 1 Suburbs
    Res: 1 - 0 Suburbs

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    How did you go with the change over with a 6:30pm start?
    We elected for 6:15pm & 8 tonight v Uni in ZPL 3rd's & Ressies.
    It worked out quit well we had shorter H/T breaks in both grades and there would of been no longer then 5 mins between games.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Good game last night in Reserve Grade between Garden Suburb and Morisset one thing I would like to get people's thoughts on but.
    Firstly I will say I didn't see the 1st grade game on Tuesday so I'm just going off what others had told me. From what I was told Morisset played 5 players last night that played 1st grade on Tuesday night now I don't know if these blokes were reserve grade players that stepped up to 1st on Tuesday or if they were 1st grade players filling in for reserve grade last night I also don't know how they are going for numbers. I'm just after people's thoughts on clubs possibly stacking lower grades and in midweek games where you have different grades playing different nights making it easier for clubs to do so.

Anyway that said last night was a top game against a top bunch of bloke really enjoyable game goodluck to Morisset I think they will catch a few clubs by surprise.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

From Connelly Park, Wallsend walk away with 9 points with wins in all three grades. Good to finally see some decent reffing.
    Thirds: score unknown..3-0?
    Ressies: 4-2
    Firsts: 1-0 with a goal at the death. A good hit out!

Wallsend killing it surely the team to beat this yr?

Terrace vs Bero
    3rds 0-1 Bero
    Res 2-0 Terrace
    1st 5-2 Terrace
    In a physical, jiggly game Terrace jumped to an early 3-0 lead before Bero pulled one back before the break. Come back to 3-2 soon after and was game on for a while until Terrace scored again, another hatrick for the Lumber jack. Finished off at 5-2, Bero had a few chances, no 10 for them quite sharp and has a good left boot on him

F&@k supposed to be niggly! Dam auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    Wallsend killing it surely the team to beat this yr?
    bring on Rd 7 should be a beauty of a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Good game last night in Reserve Grade between Garden Suburb and Morisset one thing I would like to get people's thoughts on but.
    Firstly I will say I didn't see the 1st grade game on Tuesday so I'm just going off what others had told me. From what I was told Morisset played 5 players last night that played 1st grade on Tuesday night now I don't know if these blokes were reserve grade players that stepped up to 1st on Tuesday or if they were 1st grade players filling in for reserve grade last night I also don't know how they are going for numbers. I'm just after people's thoughts on clubs possibly stacking lower grades and in midweek games where you have different grades playing different nights making it easier for clubs to do so.

Anyway that said last night was a top game against a top bunch of bloke really enjoyable game goodluck to Morisset I think they will catch a few clubs by surprise.

ive wondered that to being first season back in a long time. What happens once a team is out of the race for 1st and reserves say mid season. What stops them from stacking there thirds to take down the thirds title?