Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1476

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    Any Motown players get a spot on the bench
    Hey, you got a FORMER motown player in there. Bask in his reflected glory.

Too many people in the ID1 thread whining about dirty players, rubbish fields and minor injuries. Get a few cans of Kandos into ya and harden up like our friend Horatio Hufnagle. If the away trip to Bero isnt the best away game in the comp I know nothing. The small field and close proximity to the crowd make for a great atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiratio_Hufnagel View Post
    Finals?
    Home and Away, Aggregate 1v4 & 2v3 or Elimination 3v4???
    Call me old fashioned but prefer the 1v2 3v4 system for finals

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    In my attempt to throw a cat amongst the pigeons in the state league thread - i threw up the idea of an all stars clash.

Interested in opinions: Who'd be in your all star team? (4-4-2).
    Catch: You cant choose from your own team.

GK: Kahibah (if he didnt break his shoulder)
    LB: Not a pos. you really remember. Bay have a decent wide-man.
    CB: Bay Stopper
    CB: Gardo(Bon)
    RB: Same as LB. Suns wide-man.
    LM: Gardo(Ninja)
    CM: Kotara(Tom Tred)
    CM: Gardo(Matt Darr)
    RM: Kahibah(Thompson)
    LF: Terrace(Les)
    RF: Suns(Did they sign Stoj?)/Gardo(Clerkey)
    have always wondered what the outcome of ID1 best 11 vs a ZPL best 11 would be

yes stoj signed at round 7 and has 10 from 6 games and was really the missing piece of the puzzle for us
    no doubt we would be higher up the ladder if he was there from the start.
    our striker from last year who had 24 goals for the season will be back from overseas for next year, so him at stoj upfront will make for some excellent viewing

Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    Apparently, we (Motown), are having difficulties in scheduling a a ground to host our required home catch up games as it is used for rugby league training on weeknights, and some other facilities arent up to scratch at Auston Oval ie lights, word was we are looking to host one potentially at Rathmines but this is second hand info
    Double header on the next free weekend

I don't know who the other guy is but 24 goals in a season is a great tally, so I'm sure him and stoj would run riot

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Hey, you got a FORMER motown player in there. Bask in his reflected glory.
    We cant live in his shadow forever, hopefully at least one of our players can impress enough in the final rounds to get mentioned in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Double header on the next free weekend
    We will just have to wait and see all the games will have to happen eventually or itll be a mess in the last few rounds

Were there any catch up games played on Tuesday & are there any going to be played tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    I don't know who the other guy is but 24 goals in a season is a great tally, so I'm sure him and stoj would run riot
    big bloke with the mo isnt it nou camp?
    or is it that bald bloke that was playing behind the stikers against us (gardo) in the semis?

Stoj & igor would've been very dangerous together this season..

If them 2 were together this season there in top 4

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    If them 2 were together this season there in top 4
    Don't write them off just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    have always wondered what the outcome of ID1 best 11 vs a ZPL best 11 would be

yes stoj signed at round 7 and has 10 from 6 games and was really the missing piece of the puzzle for us
    no doubt we would be higher up the ladder if he was there from the start.
    our striker from last year who had 24 goals for the season will be back from overseas for next year, so him at stoj upfront will make for some excellent viewing
    Is this the player who got 24 goals in the season, 1st grade competition golden boot and yet played reserve grade grand final?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    big bloke with the mo isnt it nou camp?
    or is it that bald bloke that was playing behind the stikers against us (gardo) in the semis?
    Was the bald guy and they played him in ressies GF along with 3 other regular 1st graders from that year just to get win and struggle to bet a genuine res grade team that played with ten men for 60min

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Was the bald guy and they played him in ressies GF along with 3 other regular 1st graders from that year just to get win and struggle to bet a genuine res grade team that played with ten men for 60min
    They were all eligible
    Most were dropped to ressies due to form and injuries for the last couple of weeks of the season.
    You can go through the team sheets if you like
    Also pretty sure we beat Barnsley twice through the regular season with a genuine 3rd grade team.
    At Barnsley we only had 6 fresh for reserve grade from 3rd grade and won 3-2
    At home we only had 2 fresh from the 3rd game and only one on the bench
    Yes 2 fresh players!!
    That's 9 players who have just played and lost a 3rd grade game against the team coming first
    And still won 1-0
    So the grand final game was no fluke.
    The fact our reserve grade even made the finals and grand final was a miracal in its self with the lack of numbers we had last year and people constantly doubling up
    Our resis were 8th half way through the year with no hope and went on to win 10 straight (the whole club is still scratching our heads at how) with no similar team week in week out

Also it wasn't our fault you played with 10 men for 60 mins?

Bloke with the moe (mick I think his name is) did I see him having a run in 3rds a few weeks back nou camp? Quality 3rd grade striker.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Stoj & igor would've been very dangerous together this season..
    Ah, I would relish the chance to go up against the mighty Igs Kara again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    They were all eligible
    Most were dropped to ressies due to form and injuries for the last couple of weeks of the season.
    You can go through the team sheets if you like
    Also pretty sure we beat Barnsley twice through the regular season with a genuine 3rd grade team.
    At Barnsley we only had 6 fresh for reserve grade from 3rd grade and won 3-2
    At home we only had 2 fresh from the 3rd game and only one on the bench
    Yes 2 fresh players!!
    That's 9 players who have just played and lost a 3rd grade game against the team coming first
    And still won 1-0
    So the grand final game was no fluke.
    The fact our reserve grade even made the finals and grand final was a miracal in its self with the lack of numbers we had last year and people constantly doubling up
    Our resis were 8th half way through the year with no hope and went on to win 10 straight (the whole club is still scratching our heads at how) with no similar team week in week out

Also it wasn't our fault you played with 10 men for 60 mins?

Dropped due to form? he scored 24 goals haha

Fact is though, they have to be eligible to play and they obviously were. Suns 1st grade were also in the semis so it is not like they could fully just stack their team i guess?

In reserve grade Suns definitely sound like barnsley bogey team from last year... Obviously a bit of feeling between the two clubs still!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Bloke with the moe (mick I think his name is) did I see him having a run in 3rds a few weeks back nou camp? Quality 3rd grade striker.
    yes he has been playing 3rds and resis this year due to other commitments, has only played a handful of games so far