Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1476

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Lads - please disregard sporting pulse with the major/minor semi final scenario. The semi final format is 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 as per the Excel file of the draw all clubs previously received. The website has made a mistake as automatically reverts to past finals formats. Russell Henry is doing his best to have this rectified. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Lads - please disregard sporting pulse with the major/minor semi final scenario. The semi final format is 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 as per the Excel file of the draw all clubs previously received. The website has made a mistake as automatically reverts to past finals formats. Russell Henry is doing his best to have this rectified. Cheers.
    Bugger - i like the old way

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Bugger - i like the old way
    'Just didn't want to play against the mighty red devils' - is all im hearing

Hahaha I've really enjoyed lurking in this thread over the last few days.. Great to see that everyone is getting along and having a good time (compared to some of the shit-slinging that has gone on in other ZPL grades, haha)

Big congratulations to Wallsend (in all three grades) on an immense season, we were hoping for you to stumble against Belmont but it just didnt happen..
    (I hope Chrissy slows down a bit on his bike riding and will be able to relax again in a few weeks time, hahaha)

Looking forward to some big weeks coming up, gotta love finals football..

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    'Just didn't want to play against the mighty red devils' - is all im hearing
    Could have saved that for the GF, Now we will just have to knock you guys out of the finals!

Terrace rangers to compete against the heavyweights and a upset coming I can smell it
    Last edited by Drunken ranger; 27-08-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    This whoever wins deserves to go threw, no upset all 4 clubs are evenly matched
    terrace beating Wallsend would be some sort of an upset, 30 goals diff. Not saying they cant do it though.

How many teams took max points away in first grade at the gardens this year ????

Having played my majority of senior football with the Terrace and Medowie and played in plenty of local derby's against the Bay I have never played a finals match as a local derby, if they did have the 3v4 finals format this weekend it would be the first one and what a match it would have been! Both games drawn this season, oh well will have to wait 3 weeks and have the local derby as the GF!

Terrace & the suns took max points at the gardens this year drunken ranger,suns played a lot better than wallsend on the day and got the points they deserved,the terrace loss was tough to watch as wallsend dominated then scored an own goal at the death..

They day at the gardens for terrace yeah use dominated but only had 2 maybe 3 chances everything else were shots from well outside the 18

yeah - options in the attacking third were poor.

It's been a successful year for both Port Stephens Football Clubs
    But no mention in the Examiner they only have 1 page reports of unlucky defeated Rugby teams in their 1 page sport columns

Hiratio u are right when it comes to press for both our clubs but we have been far from successful as a club we knew we would be doing it tough in lower grades and it was proven but our first grade had a stellar opening 9 games then started to drop but its finals time and the boys will be fired up for 2 big games against wallsend then hopefully a grand final appearance and maybe more

Yeah that's unfortunate :/

We got a 2 page spread in the Garden Suburb Times

Is it just me or is everyone else pumped for the semis?
    Also should be a good crowd with us spreading the word wallsend having 3 teams there and hopefully other teams will hang around

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Is it just me or is everyone else pumped for the semis?
    Also should be a good crowd with us spreading the word wallsend having 3 teams there and hopefully other teams will hang around
    Its on Saturday out at Raymo, isn't it?
    I think a group of us Gardo boys will be coming out to watch and heckle, ahem, I mean support..

Good work Bon more the merrier bar will be open and beers n bourbons will be flowing

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Good work Bon more the merrier bar will be open and beers n bourbons will be flowing
    Just a reminder for all players and supporters heading up to King park this Saturday, We do have a liquor license so no BYO. As Drunken states above their will be plenty of beer available and even some wine for the Ladies I believe. BBQ will be on along with the normal goods from our canteen

What pitch will the game be on?