Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1476

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Suburb V Wallsend

3rds 0-2
    Res 0-2
    1st 4-2
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Could of been 5 or 6 - 2 to burbs with a couple of missed one on ones.shows a lot of depth in a club that has ski Webster fighting for a position and Jesse price coming of the bench. Will b hard to beat

Wallsends first goal was classy.
    I touched myself a little.

EDIT: Wasn't only us that could've scored more, we had a a few tap ins that we missed but Wallsend were only kept out of a couple goals by some desperation in the box.
    INB4 bad refereeing, it went both ways, still a great game to play in and I'm sure a good one to watch.
    Last edited by Ninja; 28-07-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Did I hear right,
    Kahibah 7 kotara 0?
    I think we're seeing the garden suburbs everyone talked about at the start of the year, wallsend in a hole or just beaten by better teams last few weeks?

Suburb V Wallsend

3rds
    I missed the 1st half and by the time I got there it was 2-0 to Wallsend, one of Wallsend players was red carded midway threw the 1st half. 2nd half as you expect with a extra man it was 1 way traffic for Suburb but Wallsend held on well and defended as a unit to hold on.

Res
    1st half was all Wallsend they played together as a unit looked like a well structured well oiled team. How they weren't 2 goals to the good I don't know but Suburb had the best chance of the half and could of pinched a goal against the run of play, but both teams went to the break at 0-0.
    2nd half it was a different game with Wallsend scoring a well dissevered goal early in the half but after that Suburb took control of the game and created some good goals scoring opportunities and were unlucky to not equalize or take the lead. With Suburb looking to equalize the game opened up an Wallsend got another goal with a good counter attack to assure the points.

1st
    What can I say solid effort today from Suburb on a different day could of scored more goals. The 1st goal came from a great finish from Wallsend's Captian and CB in his own net after Sammy fired a shot low across the box which was turned in by Wallsend's Captian (that's why his out there and not me). First 15-20mins Suburb controlled the game with Wallsend looking a shadow of themselves but they turned that around in the later stages of the first half. They started to pressure more and got a deserved equalizer after some good football from both teams. I didn't see their goal but it came close to half time and seen the game at 1-1 at the break.
    Second half was the best half of football from Suburb I've seen all year the second goal came from a ball dinked over the top of Wallsend's defense and big Sammy getting on to a bouncing ball and calmly chipping the keeper. Suburb continued to press and Wallsend were forced to play the long ball game something far from their fluent short pass tika taka football. The 3rd goal came from a super finish from Matty Darr with a top volley from 25-30 out which went threw a bunch of people in the box and somehow found its way into the net. With Wallsend being down by 2 they made a change with both Jimmy and Koshi coming on together which suited the long ball approach they had reverted to with their speed, this done little to stop Suburb's dominance but Wallsend did look more dangerous on the counter. Suburb's 4th came on the back of some brilliant football which finished with Skii beating his man and taking the ball to the byline and cutting it back for Jessie Pryce to finish in a open net for a well deserved goal after being brought on for Clerky who played out of his skin and ran Wallsend's defense across the park. Wallsend then got a 2nd goal from a penalty (I didn't see what happened so I can't comment on it) late in the game which made the score line more respectable for Wallsend. 4-2 at the end of the game which was a great spectacle to watch big game next weekend at Nelson Bay for Suburb with the Bay looking to get some revenge on home turf after a first round defeat.
    Last edited by Premy; 29-07-2013 at 05:17 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Did I hear right,
    Kahibah 7 kotara 0?
    I think we're seeing the garden suburbs everyone talked about at the start of the year, wallsend in a hole or just beaten by better teams last few weeks?
    Sporting pulse has 7-0 to Kahibah
    Beresfield V Morisset anyone?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Wallsend: Terrace(A), Beresfield(A), Belmont(H)

Nelson Bay: Suburb(H), Terrace(A), Beresfield(H)

Raymond Terrace: Wallsend(H), Bay(H), Kahibah(A)

Garden Suburb: Bay(A), Kahibah(H), Kotara(A)

Newcastle Suns: Kahibah(A), Kotara(?), Morisset(A)

Kotara: Morisset(H), Suns(?), Suburb(H)

Kahibah: Suns(H), Suburb(A), Terrace(H)

Beresfield: Belmont(A), Wallsend(H), Bay(A)

Belmont: Beresfield(H), Morisset(A), Wallsend(A)

Morisset: Kotara(A), Belmont(H), Suns(H)

Catch up games
    Suburb: Kahibah(A), Morisset(A)
    Kotara: Beresfield(H)
    Kahibah: Suburb(H)
    Beresfield: Kotara(A)
    Belmont: Morisset(H)
    Morisset: Belmont(A), Suburb(H)

If Suns take all points remaining they finish on 34
    If Kotara take all points remaining they finish on 33
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Beresfield V Morisset anyone?
    From what I've heard/seen from the Mo-town lads back home (maybe Nave can confirm it for us):

Mo-town Vs Bero
    3rds: 1-0
    Res: 1-1
    1sts: 2-0

Suns have best run home

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Suburb V Wallsend
    1st
    What can I say solid effort today from Suburb on a different day could of scored more goals. The 1st goal came from a great finish from Wallsend's Captian and CB in his own net after Sammy fired a shot low across the box which was turned in by Wallsend's Captian (that's why his out there and not me). First 15-20mins Suburb controlled the game with Wallsend looking a shadow of themselves but they turned that around in the later stages of the first half. They started to pressure more and got a deserved equalizer after some good football from both teams. I didn't see their goal but it came close to half time and seen the game at 1-1 at the break.
    Second half was the best half of football from Suburb I've seen all year the second goal came from a ball dinked over the top of Wallsend's defense and big Sammy getting on to a bouncing ball and calmly chipping the keeper. Suburb continued to press and Wallsend were forced to play the long ball game something far from their fluent short pass tika taka football. The 3rd goal came from a super finish from Matty Darr with a top volley from 25-30 out which went threw a bunch of people in the box and somehow found its way into the net. With Wallsend being down by 2 they made a change with both Jimmy and Koshi coming on together which suited the long ball approach they had reverted to with their speed, this done little to stop Suburb's dominance but Wallsend did look more dangerous on the counter. Suburb's 4th came on the back of some brilliant football which finished with Skii beating his man and taking the ball to the byline and cutting it back for Jessie Pryce to finish in a open net for a well deserved goal after being brought on for Clerky who played out of his skin and ran Wallsend's defense across the park. Wallsend then got a 2nd goal from a penalty (I didn't see what happened so I can't comment on it) late in the game which made the score line more respectable for Wallsend. 4-2 at the end of the game which was a great spectacle to watch big game next weekend at Nelson Bay for Suburb with the Bay looking to get some revenge on home turf after a first round defeat.
    I've been corrected our 4th was actually finished by big Sammy to bag a brace, who is fast approaching 100 club goals on 98 goals 92 of which are 1st grade not a bad effort from someone who is only 23 in his 6th season at Garden Suburb.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    From what I've heard/seen from the Mo-town lads back home (maybe Nave can confirm it for us):

Mo-town Vs Bero
    3rds: 1-0
    Res: 1-1
    1sts: 2-0
    Yes that is the correct score Bon

Lumberjack has 59 in 32 😉

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Lumberjack has 59 in 32 ��
    Almost 2 goals per game pretty good conversion rate the bloke sure can hit a ball. How old is Lez? What club/clubs has he played at previously?

Given Sammy's age one could only imagine how many more he'll go on to get. No doubt that Lez is a good striker but I would still pick Sammy in my team blokes a freak when his on fire and after starting the season pretty quite his starting to find some form right at the business end of the season.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Lumberjacks up

Lezleys only 24 we have our own opinion on who'd we pick in our team haha, which is fair enough, played in England trialed for Southampton didn't go any further, played in manly and Adamstown for like half a year,

Turned down jets youth and played nswis for 18 months lol, that's it

Suburbs v Wallsend
    The first half showed why both of these teams are near the top of the ladder, hard fought contest. First goal was some what deserved for Suburbs and wallsends equalizer was a special individual effort! Second half, you could tell the suburbs boys wanted it more, pretty much winning everything in the air and creating more chances. Some well taken goals. Could of been a bigger score line in the end. Will be interesting to see if wallsend can come back from this. Still in the winning position for the premiership but if suburbs manage to not drop any points then it could be theres! Big games for a lot of teams this w.e!

Also no wonder Wallsend are going good.. reading a couple of names in their squad, Owen Mostyn and Luke Alexander. How did they get them? both gun players who i have watched in NBN many times. Was reading about the idea of an all stars game against other divisions, i have no doubt from the few games i have watched in this division that a strong team could be built. Hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Lumberjacks up
    Are you propped up at the bar again Drunken

Maybe had a few down our sponsor the arvo