Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1476

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    9 reds and something like 7 pens hahaha
    If we had to go to shoot out I would back you to save a few after all the practice you had this year

Couldn't pick the one on the weekend

If the suburbs guys are watching and listening. We're fine! Rearing to go! Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Seriously? Struggling. A couple of hard games against tough opposition really takes it out of you. No excuses though. We'll pep up.

Thank god this is back!!!!

GF TIME and we are pretty pumped and ready to go, all though we were having a lot of fun and games at training tonight as everyone can barely get passed a jog ranger!! Haha.

Thanks for the season though lads, all top lads

Speak for yourself. That warmup was my top speed. And that was an exaggerated power walk.

What happened to the pitch there at Wallsend??

start of the season it was in good order and plenty of people fapping on here about how good it is..
    I had a walk on it before our reserves played and it was rock hard

I didn't think it was that bad? One of the better ones in our comp haha

Nelson bay field probably retained it's 'goodness' the best over the year in my opinion.

I know gardo poured a new slab midway through the season.

Wallsend only grouted.

We were lucky to get on suburbs pretty early on in the year. It had a decent grass coverage at the time,
    Bay need our surface at terrace and we need there viewing area haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson Bay Road View Post
    What happened to the pitch there at Wallsend??

start of the season it was in good order and plenty of people fapping on here about how good it is..
    I had a walk on it before our reserves played and it was rock hard
    The pitch in the last few weeks has hardened up some , probably due to the driest winter on record which hasn't helped , the tide does come into play as well so we need to be careful not too overwater it , probably one area we didn't give too much attention unfortunately , it was watered the week before but with the dry winds it didn't help , Raymond terraces pitch by far is the bench mark , personally viewing areas don't come into play on where the pitch rates

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Nelson bay field probably retained it's 'goodness' the best over the year in my opinion.
    Say Ninj, what units is 'goodness' measured in?

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    I believe it is based on 10s and measured in gns (Goodness)

Nuguns says it true, it ventures away from the imperial system and it's Si Unit is Gns.
    However, different from most units in the metric system, it's all relative to an original state.

If I was to refer to the three fields mentioned in my previous post, all three would start with 1Gns.
    As the season has progressed to this point, I would rate the three as follows:

Nelson Bay: 800mGns
    Wallsend: 650mGns
    Gardo: 89μGns

Once the season has finished the measurement is reset to 1Gns and the rating becomes higher as the field improves, resets for the new season etc.

ZL1 gf's
    1st Wallsend 3-1 Surbz.
    res Surbz on pens
    3rd kotara 3-1 kahiba

ground had fair bit of goodness

Surely you jest, the bumpiest pitch I have ever seen, go the burbs, good job gal

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Nuguns says it true, it ventures away from the imperial system and it's Si Unit is Gns.
    However, different from most units in the metric system, it's all relative to an original state.

If I was to refer to the three fields mentioned in my previous post, all three would start with 1Gns.
    As the season has progressed to this point, I would rate the three as follows:

Nelson Bay: 800mGns
    Wallsend: 650mGns
    Gardo: 89μGns

Once the season has finished the measurement is reset to 1Gns and the rating becomes higher as the field improves, resets for the new season etc.
    Geez, difficult to get your head around, when my line of work has me usually dealing with 'metric ****tonnes.'

I guess it also allows for grounds to be compared at any time, if you create an updated, standardized register of field condition at the resetting of the periods. They would only have to be updated twice a year.

Example: Three grounds stated above have an initial rating of 7, 8 and 6 - respectively (out of 10 say).
    At seasons end, we apply the Gns factor to compare the grounds current state, giving us the modified rating of 5.6, 5.2 and 0.00534.

We should look into this.

Geez, difficult to get your head around, when my line of work has me usually dealing with 'metric ****tonnes.'

I guess it also allows for grounds to be compared at any time, if you create an updated, standardized register of field condition at the resetting of the periods. They would only have to be updated twice a year.

Example: Three grounds stated above have an initial rating of 7, 8 and 6 - respectively (out of 10 say).
    At seasons end, we apply the Gns factor to compare the grounds current state, giving us the modified rating of 5.6, 5.2 and 0.00534.

We should look into this.
    Precisely dude. I was thinking about this when I was partaking in my pregame dump yesterday.

We should look into what an optimal fields conditions would be, with soil humidity, grass properties, size, capacity to block the afternoon sun etc. Then work out, relative to each of those values, how positive and negative variations effect the initial rating, then the how variations, as the season progresses, effects the goodness ratio.

Maybe I should have thought about the game instead...

pre-game dumps are the best dumps.

Just want to say thanks to Sean Clerke for the elbow to the face on Saturday, it really gave me the edge and I believe was the turning point in the game. Cheers.
    Oh and p.s. I now have an addiction to codeine I'll send you the bill later

Quote Originally Posted by darthmuller View Post
    I now have an addiction to codeine I'll send you the bill later
    I believe that would have been post-silly-sunday drinking pain, that would have given you the addiction.