Page 13 of 74 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Suburbs v Suns only had a ref
    yes and that was only because we rang around a few people asking if anyone was free

apparently 40 refs quit recently due to new gradings and regulations recently introduced (someting like that anyways), so i wouldnt be expecting any refs to our games anytime soon, which is a bit of a shame really

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    yes and that was only because we rang around a few people asking if anyone was free

apparently 40 refs quit recently due to new gradings and regulations recently introduced (someting like that anyways), so i wouldnt be expecting any refs to our games anytime soon, which is a bit of a shame really
    Dont know where you heard that-if they have they must be junior association referees.Seniors have about the same number as last year(around 90) with about half that number either assessor or senior non active membersThere are a few having a break after the A League season,some were in Canberra on a womens International friendly and some overseas on holiday.Also many of our members are only available on one day each weekend(they do have a life outside football)and Junior branch referees are usually only available for senior football on Sunday since they are required to referee juniors on Saturday which is fair enough.Senior branch is required to cover NBN.NEWFM and WPL with full coverage before appointing referees to other football.Last weekend most ID football was on Saturday which left no junior branch referees available.The days of referees doing both days is long gone,some are prepared to referee both days but most with families not.How many players are required to be available both days each weekend

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Dont know where you heard that-if they have they must be junior association referees.Seniors have about the same number as last year(around 90) with about half that number either assessor or senior non active membersThere are a few having a break after the A League season,some were in Canberra on a womens International friendly and some overseas on holiday.Also many of our members are only available on one day each weekend(they do have a life outside football)and Junior branch referees are usually only available for senior football on Sunday since they are required to referee juniors on Saturday which is fair enough.Senior branch is required to cover NBN.NEWFM and WPL with full coverage before appointing referees to other football.Last weekend most ID football was on Saturday which left no junior branch referees available.The days of referees doing both days is long gone,some are prepared to referee both days but most with families not.How many players are required to be available both days each weekend
    Only going of what a ref told us

i know they can be short at times but ive never seen it this bad before, for no one in our league or the below leagues to have a ref and ZPL only getting 2 officials on the weekend has to be a bit of a worry going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Guiltykeep View Post
    Bon surely only paying $1.90 to get a header
    I'll go 7 dollars says the ball hits him and goes in
    Jaliens gives me the horn

I'm backing Bon to collect the ball on the eighteen , beat four Motown boys as he's flicking his locks, nutmeg the fifth, rainbow the sixth , do a ronaldo on the seventh, nutmeg player eight and nine , run over the top of ten and hit it from thirty yards out in to the top corner and burn a hole in the back of the net ........ Only to work out he's going the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    Only going of what a ref told us

i know they can be short at times but ive never seen it this bad before, for no one in our league or the below leagues to have a ref and ZPL only getting 2 officials on the weekend has to be a bit of a worry going forward
    Just got this weeks appointments.Only one ID ground doesnt have referees-all ZPL grounds have 3 appointed and other ID games have 2 with some coming from the junior branches.This is as at today-may change according to availability

Just got this weeks appointments.Only one ID ground doesnt have referees-all ZPL grounds have 3 appointed and other ID games have 2 with some coming from the junior branches.This is as at today-may change according to availability
    "Lara Bingle"?

Looking forward - is this expected to improve? Though some could argue that the Volunteers we are getting are actually of better quality.

I would hate to see this years comp. tarnished due to refereeing complaints and errors. The best way to manage the game is for the team captains to have an honest discussion with the referee to 'clarify the rules'. It may seem obvious, but an honest clarification of the handball rule (which part of the arm, accidental?), challenging from behind-shoulder to shoulder, studs, challenging in the air, challenging the keeper and even swearing can take a lot of the inconsistencies out of the game if the results are pre determined. I would trust any team in this comp. to play a fair game of football with the refereeing issues in mind (we do not believe that we are the future of all things great in Novacastrian football [looks at state league thread]).

So if this is the case captains, spend a couple of minutes with the ref before kickoff to set some standards.
    Last edited by amishpanda; 17-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Looking forward - is this expected to improve? Though some could argue that the Volunteers we are getting are actually of better quality.

I would hate to see this years comp. tarnished due to refereeing complaints and errors. The best way to manage the game is for the team captains to have an honest discussion with the referee to 'clarify the rules'. It may seem obvious, but an honest clarification of the handball rule (which part of the arm, accidental?), challenging from behind-shoulder to shoulder, studs, challenging in the air, challenging the keeper and even swearing can take a lot of the inconsistencies out of the game if the results are pre determined. I would trust any team in this comp. to play a fair game of football with the refereeing issues in mind (we do not believe that we are the future of all things great in Novacastrian football [looks at state league thread]).

So if this is the case captains, spend a couple of minutes with the ref before kickoff to set some standards.
    The best way to find out about the LAWS would be for clubs to go out and buy the Laws of the Game book and have a good read.The reason you are happy with volunteer referees is that you dont heap as much shit on them and are prepared to put up with more errors from them.Let me know if you dont want association referees and they can be used elsewhere.Each situation differs and there is difficult to deal with hypotheticals.The ideal situation would for the ID association to request a meeting between coaches and referees(as is done in federation)as a group to go through things together.The ball is in your court.Lets see what happens.

The best way to find out about the LAWS would be for clubs to go out and buy the Laws of the Game book and have a good read.
    Maybe some of the refs going around should do the same. Because some of the refs getting around in th lower leagues are either not up to standard or have passed their use by date.
    My question is do they have a standard they have to meet or is it if they pay there money and can blow a whistle they can get a gig??

The best way to find out about the LAWS would be for clubs to go out and buy the Laws of the Game book and have a good read.The reason you are happy with volunteer referees is that you dont heap as much shit on them and are prepared to put up with more errors from them.Let me know if you dont want association referees and they can be used elsewhere.Each situation differs and there is difficult to deal with hypotheticals.The ideal situation would for the ID association to request a meeting between coaches and referees(as is done in federation)as a group to go through things together.The ball is in your court.Lets see what happens.
    Yes - because standing there quoting a law book at a referee that has made a wrong decision is going to change his mind.
    Where in my post did i state that we did not want association referees?

I am dealing strictly with the contingency that there are no refs available on the day. I have no knowledge of how/where referees are allocated, and never pretended to - i'll leave that to the powers that be. I am saying: in the event that referees ARE NOT ALLOCATED on any given day, and that we have an unofficial volunteer referee trying to run the show - one that is not quite so well versed on the laws that your mates know so well - some laws may be open to interpretation and that it can be very beneficial to set some expectations before the game starts. This may avoid in-game inconsistencies.
    Last edited by amishpanda; 17-04-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Maybe some of the refs going around should do the same. Because some of the refs getting around in th lower leagues are either not up to standard or have passed their use by date.
    My question is do they have a standard they have to meet or is it if they pay there money and can blow a whistle they can get a gig??
    ^ and there is the 'some that could argue.' Lets not turn this into a debate on the quality of referees. They have good days, they have bad days. Some referees are stubborn jerks - but they referee a fair game if you allow them to. Every one is there to do a job, and will do it to the best of their ability.

Keep this thread on the football please. The inital post was just some friendly advice to teams in the league it COULD be a good idea in the event that no refs are allocated. We'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    We'll have the refs you dont want. Would prefer them over a club ref every day of the week.

Not trying to bag out any refs or say I dot want any. I was just wondering if there was a standard they had to meet to ref these grades. or whether it was just if u pay the extra money that gets u in tthese grades comp. ( have been told it cost more to ref these grades then all age). But ur right this forum should be left to league 1 discussion. So if any one has an answer feel free to pm me with it.

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    some laws may be open to interpretation
    The answer is here. Interpretation, probably wasnt offside=goal. Or that no5 centrehalf has been a AH all day so that line ball decision=goal.

Nelson Bay look sharp. They are mobile, quick enough and keep the ball well. The two forwards are good players, not quick but are handy. Mid-field is the strength, quick and mobile with speedy wide overlapping players, will take a bit to halt. The weakest part of the team is the defense and it's not even weak, they're organized and pass the ball out from the back well. Don't get carried away thought, 4-0 against Belmont included two(2) penalties, a 35m bomb and a questionable offside. Belmont were beaten not embarrassed, although they really weren't dangerous.
    Also a heads up about bay ground...bloody thing is soooo soft! It's like running around in sand for an hour. Between the sponginess grass I've seen and a ground so soft that when you step down the ground sinks half an inch, believe me pass hard cause the ball doesn't roll very far. Belmont were light 13 players, suspensions and other cheap excuses...too many backing up from lower grades, it'll improve.
    P.S - the info on Raymond terrace on this forum is poor...the have two incredibly quick forwards that score a lot! Midfield is alright, will be dismantled by anything resembling fit and mobile and their defense isn't good. The basic rule, get it to the quick guys and hope the score more than they concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Nelson Bay look sharp. They are mobile, quick enough and keep the ball well. The two forwards are good players, not quick but are handy. Mid-field is the strength, quick and mobile with speedy wide overlapping players, will take a bit to halt. The weakest part of the team is the defense and it's not even weak, they're organized and pass the ball out from the back well. Don't get carried away thought, 4-0 against Belmont included two(2) penalties, a 35m bomb and a questionable offside. Belmont were beaten not embarrassed, although they really weren't dangerous.
    Also a heads up about bay ground...bloody thing is soooo soft! It's like running around in sand for an hour. Between the sponginess grass I've seen and a ground so soft that when you step down the ground sinks half an inch, believe me pass hard cause the ball doesn't roll very far. Belmont were light 13 players, suspensions and other cheap excuses...too many backing up from lower grades, it'll improve.
    P.S - the info on Raymond terrace on this forum is poor...the have two incredibly quick forwards that score a lot! Midfield is alright, will be dismantled by anything resembling fit and mobile and their defense isn't good. The basic rule, get it to the quick guys and hope the score more than they concede.

That post seemed more like a conversation between your alter egos... one telling the other how good they are, the other responding saying that arent that great!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Also a heads up about bay ground...bloody thing is soooo soft! It's like running around in sand for an hour..
    So the other 30 minutes was like playing on what?

P.S - the info on Raymond terrace on this forum is poor...the have two incredibly quick forwards that score a lot! Midfield is alright, will be dismantled by anything resembling fit and mobile and their defense isn't good. The basic rule, get it to the quick guys and hope the score more than they concede.[/QUOTE]

There will only be one quick forward this weekend after one was sent off last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    There will only be one quick forward this weekend after one was sent off last weekend.
    How many weeks does he get for his straight red? Just the one?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    That post seemed more like a conversation between your alter egos... one telling the other how good they are, the other responding saying that arent that great!

yeah, ill pay that. Was just frustrating, we were undercooked, couldnt get anything going, our passing was sloppy. Like i said they are just a solid unit, no standouts(maybe forwards) just work well and if we had of turned up it could've been a good game... we had a bad formation, passed hopeless and had too many out.

So the other 30 minutes was like playing on what?
    the first 30 mins, its just slow; passing and the ball and it makes it half way. The last 60 mins it feels like sand,your tired, the aches in your feet hurt from the lumpy ground and your calves are burning. also its not a small field so when you dont have the ball there is a lot of chasing, although its not as big as raymond terrace.

anyway, this week is another week. I have to say, from the first week of results, the crowd sure wont be bored from that type of scoring