Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    good to here, will compete well in that comp for sure. Will have to keep Ty Jones tho imo.
    agreed. im pretty sure jones boys are sticking around
    with most clubs at higher levels having their squads sorted by now, and i have been told they enjoyed being at barnsley last year and are keen to come back

One or two players dont make a good squd. Barnsley have been so strong for the last 2 years due to there depth across the board. Only 1 or 2 players that come in this year with the coach was regular starters in first. Dont get me wrong, quality players that made the squd stronger and brilliant to play with. But the depth in reserve grade is what help us compete in ID1 this year

Suns will have a new coaching regime for 2013 with pre season training to start early in the new year in preperation for traditional pre season cup we play in at Sydney on the January long weekend

few comings and goings in relation to players

BERESFIELD UNITED ZONE LEAGUE ONE SQUAD
    Will resume training on Tuesday 29th January at Pasedena Oval 6pm.
    New players welcome - contact Dan Adams for more info 0488 550 461 d.adams@live.com.au

Anybody Joined Genesis in Warners Bay ?
    Andy from Kahibah FC 1st team works here as a PT and will be running sessions for anyone who is interested, until the club begins pre-season in Jan.. (They are bloody hard, good for loosing that xmas weight)
    Let me know and ill pass on your details if you are interested...

Raymond Terrace Season Launch - next Tuesday 15th Jan at Lakeside Village tavern, 6.30pm meet in beer garden for sausage sizzle, meet the coach etc, New players welcome!
    Full training to resume Tuesday 22nd6.15pm.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    Did any club maintain its coaches from last season?

There seem to have been quite a few Herald Ads, postings and comments made around football places these last months about ZPL and ZL1 that it seems nearly all clubs lost a least one of there coaches at the end of the season.

Even at this relatively late stage we have Barnsley advertising for a club coach & Nelson Bay a 1st Grade coach. In the post season we had New Lambton & Kotara advertsing. At the end of the season proper Merewether's coach said he was standing down from coaching next season. Plattsty have announced a new 1st Grade coach, Charlestown Blues (In League 2), Cooks Hill opened up all three coaching roles for applicants, Wallsend advertised their lower grades, Swansea noted they have new coaching staff for 2013 and that doesn't include the ones I have missed.

Does it seem a high turnover this off season, especially when some of those clubs/teams had successful seasons under their 2012 coaches?

Has anyone managed to retain their full 2012 coaching staff?
    Tenambit even after our season last year have kept our coach and added a former player to our staff who can no longer play. And after some major player movement this type of stability was much needed.

Now that most clubs have started there pre-season how is everyone looking?
    I'll start it off with my predictions shall I

I don't know much about the new clubs other than what I read on here last year so ill leave them out of mine

1st Suburb- strong last year and we're confident of another good year
    2nd Wallsend- talented bunch of players last year many of them playing together for the first time should do better next year
    3rd Kotara- strong finish to the season and if they don't get banked up with wash-outs will be right in the mix for the premiership
    4th Suns- new coach but always a tough opponent
    5th Bay- look like they lacked a little depth last year but they had a young squad and should improve
    6th kahiba- had some good individuals that made sure they were never easy beat should be strong might surprise a few
    7th Bero- pretty ordinary last year but they always showed a never give up attitude

As Barnsley showed last year with a few good additions there's not much difference between divisions so the new clubs might impress.

Good luck to everyone and all the best for a new season I'm pumped see use around

I think your predictions are pretty good premy. like you i dont know much about the new teams either and i havent heard any rumours about teams recruiting. I will make my prediction:

1) Suburbs
    2) Suns
    3) Kotara
    4) Wallsend
    5) Kahibah
    6) Terrace
    7) Bero
    8) Belmont
    9) Nelson Bay
    10) Morrisett

Im pretty keen for the season to start up. Should be a pretty even comp again this year with anyone able to beat anyone on the day. Maybe we also might get an exciting finish to the season like last year!

I think wallsend could be a dark horse this year.

Jesmond Rams FC (Zone League 2) will commence training Tue Feb 5, 6pm. First 2 weeks will be Tue only before moving to Tue/Thu for remainder of pre season and the season itself. Training will remain @ Heaton Park. We've made application to move to Jesmond Park for matches. All existing players welcome, as is any player looking for a new club. Really good bunch of blokes who get along fantastically. We have all age teams as a possibility for anyone who doesn't make the squad. Coach Mick Coates on 0412 449 333 for any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I think your predictions are pretty good premy. like you i dont know much about the new teams either and i havent heard any rumours about teams recruiting. I will make my prediction:

1) Suburbs
    2) Suns
    3) Kotara
    4) Wallsend
    5) Kahibah
    6) Terrace
    7) Bero
    8) Belmont
    9) Nelson Bay
    10) Morrisett

Im pretty keen for the season to start up. Should be a pretty even comp again this year with anyone able to beat anyone on the day. Maybe we also might get an exciting finish to the season like last year!

I think wallsend could be a dark horse this year.
    going off last years results most of those are pretty accurate predictions...curious as to why you think morrisett will finish bottom after being relegated from ZPL? have they lost a lot of their squad? also i'm thinking it will be a big test for the two clubs promoted from ZL2 with the move to three grades from two. can't wait for the season to start, much less looking forward to the remainder of pre-season!

BERESFIELD UNITED ZONE LEAGUE ONE SQUAD
    Will resume training on Tuesday 29th January at Pasedena Oval 6pm.
    New players welcome - contact Dan Adams for more info 0488 550 461 d.adams@live.com.au

pretty sure the boys from up at muswellbrook beat them 3-0....

I watched morriset get toweled up by cardif last year about 11-0, they were complete rubbish so will have to improve ALOT!

I also have it on good authority that Terrace are paying some of their players. Up to $100 a game.. what a joke. They may be the dark horse this year but i still think suburbs kotara wallsend and suns will be the pick.

I watched morriset get toweled up by cardif last year about 11-0, they were complete rubbish so will have to improve ALOT!

I also have it on good authority that Terrace are paying some of their players. Up to $100 a game.. what a joke. They may be the dark horse this year but i still think suburbs kotara wallsend and suns will be the pick.
    I have to agree with you on the paying players situation. From my experience of playing ID1's and ZL1 teams that pay players in lower competitions seem to all follow the same pattern of:
    - pay players
    - have one or 2 good seasons
    - coach and/or players leave to the next team paying players more $
    - team has soul ripped out of it and struggles to fill void.

From what I read on here last year about Terrace if you neutralize there long ball threat and starve the strikers (who most people said are quality players) there not that much of a side and might struggle against better defenders in this league I have not seen them play but it's just what I've read.
    Belmont should have some quality young players because of there link with Phoenix but will probaly have trouble with the physicality of playing agianst men just like Tanambit did
    Moriset have tried to get all the old team back together not sure of there progress on that but if they do they will be a good side the few from that team that are now at Suburbs I'am fairly confident will be staying at Suburbs as they are now part of the furniture and loved by everyone.
    As I said earlier but I don't know much about these 3 clubs so I won't speculate as to where they will finish on the table.

How soon are clubs starting there trail games?

Trial games sorry bit dyslexic at times

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Belmont should have some quality young players because of there link with Phoenix but will probaly have trouble with the physicality of playing agianst men just like Tanambit did
    Being a player from tenambit first grade last season i wouldnt say we struggled with the physicality with playing against men. We held our own in the majority of games As players from opposing teams would attest to. Our major problem without going into to much detail was disharmany within the group. And having no luck as im sure every team had at some stage (we just seemed to have no luck all year lol). not that im using that as an excuse for holding up the foot of the ladder. And im sure u didnt mean it in a disrespectful way just.

good authority mmmmmmmmmmmmm , my son plays for the terrace and has done for years , i also have been involved with the terrace for many many years as a coach and player , you say $100.00 a game , my son wont play for under $200.00 a game hahahahahahaha

was told no terrace players were paid last year (apart from having rego payed for them) but they were promised payments if they got promoted. this was from someone within the club
    OK