Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 1 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    good authority mmmmmmmmmmmmm , my son plays for the terrace and has done for years , i also have been involved with the terrace for many many years as a coach and player , you say $100.00 a game , my son wont play for under $200.00 a game hahahahahahaha
    I think $201 would do the deal lol!
    Rumor has it Pom was giving them ten minute massages for every goal scored and one with a special finish if they score more than 40 goals in a season

But on a serious note if a club sets a budget and can afford to pay a few rego's and players than why not?
    There wouldn't be many clubs out there that don't to attract and retain players whether it be to reward loyal players or to help with the level of football played.To see the interest shown by junior players last season to watch these guys in first grade - priceless .....

S.A - anymore news on the Port Stephens cup?

i think it's great if clubs can afford to pay, that they do. definately should entice a few people to come over, and hence strengthen the club overall. if it's not a long-term liability, i'm all for it.

i was just posting in here what i've been told as an fyi to people.

personally i didn't rate the large majority of the terrace squad last year, but i'm hoping that they do a barnsley and walk through the id1 comp just to highlight that apart from the top 2/3 teams in newfm, there's not a huge quality gap between the lower half of newfm, zpl, zl1 & zl2 comps (and judging by games played & watched, i'm yet to see a difference in the standard of each comp tbh)
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    there's not a huge quality gap between the lower half of newfm, zpl, zl1 & zl2 comps (and judging by games played & watched, i'm yet to see a difference in the standard of each comp tbh)

not sure if srs.

Heard on the grapevine that Wallsend have signed a handful of Lakes 1st/23's p[layers from last season. If true it will make them very competitive this season.

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Heard on the grapevine that Wallsend have signed a handful of Lakes 1st/23's p[layers from last season. If true it will make them very competitive this season.
    Offered them free rego and payments i think

there's not a huge quality gap between the lower half of newfm, zpl, zl1 & zl2 comps (and judging by games played & watched, i'm yet to see a difference in the standard of each comp tbh)
    ZL2 are a bit off ZPL. As a guide the top 3 tems of each comp would go ok in the one above. cup games can be a good measure

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    I think $201 would do the deal lol!
    Rumor has it Pom was giving them ten minute massages for every goal scored and one with a special finish if they score more than 40 goals in a season

But on a serious note if a club sets a budget and can afford to pay a few rego's and players than why not?
    There wouldn't be many clubs out there that don't to attract and retain players whether it be to reward loyal players or to help with the level of football played.To see the interest shown by junior players last season to watch these guys in first grade - priceless .....

S.A - anymore news on the Port Stephens cup?
    i dont think the cup will go on this year , the bay want to put there finger in the pye and have it there way , everyone else was happy to move along , so i would say at the moment we will be looking to run it next excluding the bay. dame shame after all was organised and ready to go but thats the bay for ya , the whole idea was to save the bay , terrace and medowie long travels for trail games and once this cup is up and running and meant there would be up to 4 trail games a year without having to look for any more.

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    i dont think the cup will go on this year , the bay want to put there finger in the pye and have it there way , everyone else was happy to move along , so i would say at the moment we will be looking to run it next excluding the bay. dame shame after all was organised and ready to go but thats the bay for ya , the whole idea was to save the bay , terrace and medowie long travels for trail games and once this cup is up and running and meant there would be up to 4 trail games a year without having to look for any more.
    Thats a shame was a good idea fr Pre season, not sure if you heard about the tragedy for the Connelly family, maybe we could set up a memorial shied in honour of Dave? Nice bloke with a top family who have been invovled with the club for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Thats a shame was a good idea fr Pre season, not sure if you heard about the tragedy for the Connelly family, maybe we could set up a memorial shied in honour of Dave? Nice bloke with a top family who have been invovled with the club for a long time.
    will do , i will talk to the boys tonight at training and get something organised , we will be having a trail with you guys and hopefully will make it year thing.

yer wallsend will be too stronk this year. atleast 6 lakes players heading out there plus some southy boys aswell.

Trial!!

Just got to hope all these clubs paying players can sustain it and be prepared to keep upping it as the money rolls into these lower leagues player loyalty to the clubs is leaving fast, everyone just moving to whoever pays the most!

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Offered them free rego and payments i think
    I imagine Wallsend would be running with the biggest player budget in ZL1 and possibly ZPL considering the Six a Side competition that is run there.

demon
    Thats an interesting call, I certainly can see the odd player in most clubs who could move up (and in some cases down) the divisions but not many whole squads. Especially not ZL1 to New FM, and its mainly a technical and tactical level that I see the biggest difference.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    Thats an interesting call, I certainly can see the odd player in most clubs who could move up (and in some cases down) the divisions but not many whole squads. Especially not ZL1 to New FM, and its mainly a technical and tactical level that I see the biggest difference.
    The teams at the top of ZL1 give the teams at the bottom of NewFM a good run for there money i play for Suburbs and 2 years ago we got beat on penalties by Cessnock in the state cup both clubs played full strength teams

Nelson Bay appointed Mick Moyle as first grade coach this week..
    with the batch of youngsters exposed to senior footbnall last year for the first time and some experienced heads returning, things look bright on this side of the sand dunes...

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    The teams at the top of ZL1 give the teams at the bottom of NewFM a good run for there money i play for Suburbs and 2 years ago we got beat on penalties by Cessnock in the state cup both clubs played full strength teams
    Difficult to tell with a one off game. Even if you had beaten Cessnock in regular time, would that mean that the standard is just as good between the divisions. You will sometimes get a lower division team beating a higher division team. The main problem for the lower division team is that it may not be able to maintain the "winning streak" had it been playing in a better/higher comp.

nek minnit!

Apparently you do.. Why don't you stop being a keyboard warrior and actually get to training? hahahaha..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Apparently you do.. Why don't you stop being a keyboard warrior and actually get to training? hahahaha..
    I thought we were friends big nob😞