Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1061

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Westlakes Wildcats FC View Post

See you all Saturday (under the assumption that we get confirmation we are actually hosting on Saturday)!
    Been confirmed today.

Are the games at charlie sunday going to be normal times?
    in the email the times are listed as TBA and the ground listed as charlie subject to change?

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    Been confirmed today.

Are the games at charlie sunday going to be normal times?
    in the email the times are listed as TBA and the ground listed as charlie subject to change?
    There is an all age f women's semi at Charlestown oval kicking off at 12.15 so it may be delayed kick off for the ZL boys or moved I would say Charlestown are looking into it

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    There is an all age f women's semi at Charlestown oval kicking off at 12.15 so it may be delayed kick off for the ZL boys or moved I would say Charlestown are looking into it
    Correct. I'd say it will be moved back, just discussing our options (Lisle Carr is an option), and will let you know when we confirm.
    Charlestown City Blues - 2013 Zone League Two
    1st Grade Grand Final Winners
    Reserve Grade Grand Final Winners

cheers CCB

Lisle Carr would be sick
    OK

SEMI WEEK 1
    LEAGUE TWO
    3v2
    1/09/2013 Sunday
    2:15pm Res Westlakes Wildcats FC v Hamilton Olympic FC @ Charlestown Oval
    4:00pm 1st Charlestown City Blues v Jesmond FC @ Charlestown Oval

Reserves 1-1
    Firsts Mus 3-0
    OK

The fact.
    West lakes venue was fantastic ball boys canteen was a plus.however as a spectator only today I am bitterly disappointed.
    During first grade some local fans,uncouth brats,drunk yocals, however you describe we're absolutely disgraceful.after giving it to 2 elderly mussy supporters turned on one mussy guy supporting and looking after their bags that were later vandalized.one bloke jumped all over their kits(looked to be in a marching band) then 20 minutes after a confrontation with the mussy guy grabbed their white board and snapped it in half over the fence.after all this and terrible calls towards players one fellow fan told them to stop all this was happening while 2 duty officers were sitting no less than 20 meters away they(so called officers) finally got the courage after 2 other guys said enough was enough.blow ins or not it raises questions of the duty officers and rsa's.it was a great day tarnished by some foul mouthed arogant ignorant girlfriends tank top wearing fools.well done mussy and both regies teams.

The local spectator was an absolute disgrace which was upsetting as it was looking like a good day.
    As for your comments about duty officers sitting 20 metres away, I was one of them and tbh i didnt know any of this was happening till someone told me about it which was too late. I was to busy watching the game which was sadly down the other end of the feild as we were totally out played by mussy (congrats to them btw, they deserved it).
    If like you said a mussy guy saw his mates stuff getting stood on why didnt he move the bags?
    Either way he shouldnt have to and im annoyed that this happened. Ive got a mate from mussy and it seems it was his stuff that was targeted so very upset about what happened.

The fact, apart from that it was a pretty big day for me as a duty officer, had to stop a few spectators bringing in alcohol and some coaches bringing alcohol onto the field, people drinking in the car park, so its not like we did nothing as you say.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 31-08-2013 at 09:02 PM.

The mussy bloke was being threaten by more than one individual for confronting them in the first place.i seen where you sitting and mate if you didn't see it then you were the only one on that side of the field.i didn't say you did nothing but for this case very disappointing,they were disgraceful and the clowns behind them encouraging him to "jab him" we're just as bad as I said a well run day by your club but that was disgraceful and blokes like that should be kept in their kennels.

Yeah I can honestly say I didnt see it, but agree with everything you say.
    I have no idea why but our last two games (uni and today) our supporters have been extremely disrespectful to the opposition and imo its embarrassing. Ive been at westlakes for a few seasons and love the culture the club has developed but these guys are ruining it for us guys. Its something our committee will have to address in the offseason because its unacceptable.

Apologies to all those affected.

The Muswellbrook lad who tried to help out is one of the most placid dudes you'll ever meet. He wouldn't have a violent bone in his body so I'm pleased that this wanker in question didn't "Jab him".
    The onus can't just fall onto the duty officials. The players at the club have to get involved and control the people who are giving your club a bad name. I wouldn't allow this behavior at the Eagles. And if I carried on like that the other Eagles would snap me into line.
    I suggest the player/supporter in question face a period of banishment. Either that or bring him up to Muswellbrook next week and we'll let our fans sort him out........joking, of course.

I didn't see nor hear about the incident till well after the game. All I saw from the field was what seemed like fun banter, that even a Mbrook player positively responded to.

But seeing the aftermath of what they did, it's pretty embarrassing tbh. It should go without saying that a resolution was quickly sorted with mussy about the broken equipment.

The problem people weren't even randoms, they come to a lot of games. It's so out of character for the people to be totally honest. I'm sure they'll be saying sorry before we even approach them.

I obviously didn't see the sequence of events - but I've been told the duty officers ejected two people. Seems to me they sorted it out.

But yeah, a somewhat sour note on an otherwise big day that a big effort was put into. I look forward to the other semis.
    OK

On the actual game - first half was even, westlakes invited muswellbrook in for a cup of tea & 3 points in the second half
    OK

Totally agree on the game. Dunc was class. Doesn't lose a header. Fingers was excellent in the first half and went really quiet in the 2nd. Not sure why you guys swapped him onto the other flank? I think your midfield let you down in the second period. Gave our guys time and space which is the last thing you want to give a midfield with two decent strikers in front of them.

Your left back had a real tough time with Clint too. He's a hard bloke to mark I imagine, with that pace and close control.

While I'm on here, anyone see Joe Hart's step over in the City vs Hull game? A keeper doing a step over, and totes ****ed the striker. That's right, a bearded, dreadlocked, 30 year old man just said "totes". Live with it.

Murrey should have taken the penalty in the reserve grade match. It's safe to say that Charlie Bubblegum is disappointed.

Reserves olympic 1-0
    OK

Hey pv4, if Westlakes were to beat Muswellbrook at The Nest next week 2-1, would they still sing the victory song? Would the Eagles sing for a loss that progresses them to the GF? Interesting thought.........

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    Hey pv4, if Westlakes were to beat Muswellbrook at The Nest next week 2-1, would they still sing the victory song? Would the Eagles sing for a loss that progresses them to the GF? Interesting thought.........
    That happens to us at Garden Suburb last year we lost the second leg but won overall and we sung the song as loud as ever and we deserved to. We didn't sing after winning the 1st leg because it was only half time job not done.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Tbh I was surprised to hear teams sing for a first leg victory, but that's just me.
    OK