Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Lolololll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Like I originally said, both teams would have felt hard done by for various things.

Westlakes need to actually control the middle of the park or the pipedream fantasy of promotion will evade us again. Whichever westlakes boys have said we played better and mussy were worse, I dont agree with. We weren't good at all yesterday - everything was way too telegraphed and the one sided wing play was our only go to move. We havent controlled the middle of the park in weeks, arguably for most of the year, and apart from the games such as round 1 olympic where we noticeably controlled that middle, we haven't looked the overly dominant team.

Like I said - good competitive game for such depleted teams
    You sir, are the reason I used the term "most" when referring to the Westlakes boys, not "all". Your honesty is a breath of fresh air! And yes, was definitely a good competitive game as you said with both sides depleted, was very enjoyable to play in.

the crossbar is still shaking

At least my free shot was on target
    Sorry mate but I think you'll find hitting the cross bar is "off target" haha

Always takes a decent effort to get the better of the dreaded keeper though so well done 😊
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Sorry mate but I think you'll find hitting the cross bar is "off target" haha

Always takes a decent effort to get the better of the dreaded keeper though so well done ��
    well let's say it was a hell of a lot closer to the target than his efforts there is currently a search party for the missing ball boy chasing down the dreadful (sorry, had to) shot

My only defence is the 30 or so yards my shot, with my bad foot (if you can call it that) had to cover. As opposed to your unchallenged header from what.......5 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by eggball convert View Post
    Just wondering about these "disgraceful" ref's. Are they state league guys, local branch ref's or just clubbies?
    Also this 'bobby' guy, if he is so well known as being a bad ref who keeps appointing him as the club official? If he is a qualified ref and just rocks up to the game without being officially appointed you don't have to let him ref.
    Of course if you want decent officials every week come back to all age and us junior branch ref's will do a great job haha
    Not appointed by Senior Referees Branch-used to be a referee but "retired"at the end of last year.May need to ask Jesmond where he comes from-does he referee in referees uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Not appointed by Senior Referees Branch-used to be a referee but "retired"at the end of last year.May need to ask Jesmond where he comes from-does he referee in referees uniform?
    He referees in a clown suit and a top hat, sometimes even a mankini. It is a conspiracy I tell ya!!! The refs turn up, ref in their refs uniform, collect their coin after 90 mins and go home.... We then see them again next weekend or sometimes during the week to receive their massive cash bribes which is covered by us charging our players $920 each for rego.

He's located in Glendale from what I'm led to believe. Doesn't officially ref, just hangs around basically Jesmond & Muswellbrook and spots them when no legit refs come to show. He wears the full on refs outfit and all.

The dreaded keeper..... Best keeper in the league. I would even go as far as saying the best in a lot of the leagues.

We had Bobby heaps during the first round of competition. Seen some horrid calls. As many for us as against us. He means well and all but passion overrides good intentions most of the time.

I'd normally call Jesmond Sweeper's comment sarcasm but having experienced some of Bobby's calls that have gone their way, I'm not quite sure.........

He's located in Glendale from what I'm led to believe. Doesn't officially ref, just hangs around basically Jesmond & Muswellbrook and spots them when no legit refs come to show. He wears the full on refs outfit and all.
    Then it is obvious that jesmond and Muswellbrook are happy with him.It is up to the home club to appoint referees if there are none appointed.If clubs are not happy then they need to take it up with the appropriate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky_bones View Post
    The dreaded keeper..... Best keeper in the league. I would even go as far as saying the best in a lot of the leagues.
    I agree. Goes alright out on the field too for a keeper (might explain his wayward shot PV4

As for bobby, I don't think there are many muswellbrook players or supporters that are "happy" with him. I'd probably say its more a case of being a country town with very slim pickings in the referee department so have to take what they can get.
    Last edited by the_butcher; 23-06-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

How good would it be to win/lose a game and not have shocking calls that have/could of changed the game.
    I think our loss to mereweather in the first round is the only game that comes to mind where the ref didn't have an impact on the game.
    That being said at least we are getting at least 1 ref to each game the majority of the time. I think there was only 1 game where we Havnt had a ref.
    I'd still take bobby over no ref. from what I've seen he's normally pretty even with his calls.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 23-06-2013 at 10:50 PM.

There is also another ref in well id say in bobbys league of officiating. Had him for a few games think his name is Murray. He and bobby were the reason I asked before If there was a standard that had to be met by the officials to ref in these comps.
    And maybe outsider you could answer this? Y are the good refs from the allage comps not coming up to ref in our comps. Do the refs themselves chose where they want to ref??

I think the biggest shock/horror of this last few pages of this thread is that Jesmond apparently scored a goal that wasn't from a set piece

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    There is also another ref in well id say in bobbys league of officiating. Had him for a few games think his name is Murray. He and bobby were the reason I asked before If there was a standard that had to be met by the officials to ref in these comps.
    And maybe outsider you could answer this? Y are the good refs from the allage comps not coming up to ref in our comps. Do the refs themselves chose where they want to ref??
    Referees who do the all age football are members of the junior referees branches and have no obligation to make themselves available for senior football.We are fortunate that the junior branches do supply referees when not required to officiate at their own competition games but those who referee do so by choice and are not forced to do so.I have said previously that many referees chose not to referee senior football because of the treatment they receive at that level.

Referees who do the all age football are members of the junior referees branches and have no obligation to make themselves available for senior football.We are fortunate that the junior branches do supply referees when not required to officiate at their own competition games but those who referee do so by choice and are not forced to do so.I have said previously that many referees chose not to referee senior football because of the treatment they receive at that level.
    It's also a lot more relaxed for them to get paid blowing random whistles at All Age games than having to referee 1st Grade in any of the Senior comps and take the abuse, tension, testosterone and anger that is always present and usually directed at them in ZL football, not to mention they don't get bad mouthed every second week in the Zone League 2 thread on newcastlefootball.net

Outsider, another allage refs related question:

In round 1 of this year, Westlakes All Age & Westlakes First grade played at the same time at Rathmines Oval. Allage had a ref and two linesmen, and first grade had no refs or linesmen. Before the game Allage were happy for first grade to have not only one, but two of their refs as first grade were the priority. We asked the refs if one or two of them could ref firsts instead of allage, and the answer was that they were more than happy to but were not allowed to do so & they would get in heaps of trouble if they did it - even if they didn't tell the federation(s) that it happened. Were they really not allowed to do that, even just one of them?

That is a fair point bout the treatment and I can understand y they choose not to do so. But for example if the treatment of refs was the same In All age as in our comp. Is there a insensitive for the top refs in the junior system to step up to the senior?And if so how does it work the ref chooses to go up or they have to be selected??
    Just wondering if there is an insensitive for good junior refs to make the step up or don't it matter whether u are above average or not and they just pick who ever puts there hand up first??

Outsider, another allage refs related question:

In round 1 of this year, Westlakes All Age & Westlakes First grade played at the same time at Rathmines Oval. Allage had a ref and two linesmen, and first grade had no refs or linesmen. Before the game Allage were happy for first grade to have not only one, but two of their refs as first grade were the priority. We asked the refs if one or two of them could ref firsts instead of allage, and the answer was that they were more than happy to but were not allowed to do so & they would get in heaps of trouble if they did it - even if they didn't tell the federation(s) that it happened. Were they really not allowed to do that, even just one of them?

This is true, there is all manner of issues regarding insurance etc with doing a game. However sometimes a call to the appointments coordinator or ref area executive could give permission to do the games...
    Amigos Aarau