Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    You were unlucky last time mate. Our top 1st Grade striker for the last 15 odd years played ressies that game as he had only registered three or four days before hand so I had him in res to pick up some match fitness and grab his spot back in firsts. 3 goals and 4 assists later, I think he well and truly earned his spot in 1st Grade back.
    Ah that would explain how a res grade striker can finish so well and look as tho he ment everything he did.
    So hopefully I won't be seeing him line up against me again tonight then lol.

Mitch is so silky on the ball, I felt bad after our collision on a corner when he went off straight after. Yeah it is Robbie, I was giving him a hell of a time about it the whole game, he even has the sweat bands, same haircut, took a couple of sneaky dives and wore the same boots for christs sake! I think in a 3-5-2 with his athletic abilities and knack for getting past people out wide he could play a decent wingback, would definitely have to work a bit harder defensively but is really good getting forward up that flank.

I'm not sure on ressies, I have only seen the first half of each game as I've been getting ready for firsts in the second and most of the time Mussy is getting beaten so I haven't been in the best of moods. Uni, Hamo and Westlakes are my stand outs sprinkled with a couple of Jeso players. Might have to think a bit more about that one and then put up a ressies team....
    Muzz is incorrect, it was not Mitch in fact you are referring to our french import Ben, it is hard to believe it is actually his first season playing 11v11 outdoor, all those years playing 5v5 / 6v6 in Marseille developed an amazing touch and not to mention he is incredibly fast, maybe the fastest in the league. And he only recently came back from that injury, went on holidays, and injured himself again on the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post
    Muzz is incorrect, it was not Mitch in fact you are referring to our french import Ben, it is hard to believe it is actually his first season playing 11v11 outdoor, all those years playing 5v5 / 6v6 in Marseille developed an amazing touch and not to mention he is incredibly fast, maybe the fastest in the league. And he only recently came back from that injury, went on holidays, and injured himself again on the weekend
    Yeh we figured out at the Club after the game it was actually Ben. He is unreal, rate hime very highly but have only seen him play about 30 mins of football due to the injuries he has picked up.

Jesmond v Westlakes re-scheduled for Tuesday July 30 at Jesmond Park, 6 30pm and 8pm (at this stage) although looking to get firsts put back 10 or 15 mins. My mistake. Association been notified who are in turn notifying referees etc.

Hopefully the weather stays favourable.

Tenambit V Mussy (res)
    0-4
    It was yet again another busy night for myself and the four blokes in my back line.
    As Mussy simply out played as for 97% of the game we did have a few moments here and there were if we could finish we could have grabbed a goal or two and at those points in the game would have made the score close. But if I'm honest it would have been undeserving.
    Out played out enthused and out classed Mussy well and truly were worthy winners.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Jesmond v Westlakes re-scheduled for Tuesday July 30 at Jesmond Park, 6 30pm and 8pm (at this stage) although looking to get firsts put back 10 or 15 mins. My mistake. Association been notified who are in turn notifying referees etc.
    You want firsts to kick off later than 8? I thought the federation said the latest game they'd allow is 8. An 8pm kickoff is late enough as-is IMO! If both grades can't be fit on one night, may as well do a Tenambit v Mussy and play it over two nights.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Tenambit V Mussy (res)
    0-4
    It was yet again another busy night for myself and the four blokes in my back line.
    As Mussy simply out played as for 97% of the game we did have a few moments here and there were if we could finish we could have grabbed a goal or two and at those points in the game would have made the score close. But if I'm honest it would have been undeserving.
    Out played out enthused and out classed Mussy well and truly were worthy winners.
    Pretty fair assessment here Sharky. As I said to you last night, I thought you played a really good game and if not for your efforts between the sticks the score could have blown out a lot more! On the night, our pace up front and in the wide areas was the difference with Tenambit's backline seemingly chasing shadows most of the night. And that's not having a go either, I don't enjoy chasing a few of our young boys myself at training! One of our boys in particular should have put a few away but, don't really have any complaints about the performance and the result, especially when we were fielding a very makeshift backline.
    Quick thanks to Tenambit, everyone from the ground official, to the players, coach and even supporters were very welcoming and pleasant to deal with. The game was played in the right spirit, a few robust challenges from both teams, but they were infrequent and held no malice. Cheers to Tenambit for enjoyable night of football and hope for the same again next Tuesday.

Pretty fair assessment here Sharky. As I said to you last night, I thought you played a really good game and if not for your efforts between the sticks the score could have blown out a lot more! On the night, our pace up front and in the wide areas was the difference with Tenambit's backline seemingly chasing shadows most of the night. And that's not having a go either, I don't enjoy chasing a few of our young boys myself at training! One of our boys in particular should have put a few away but, don't really have any complaints about the performance and the result, especially when we were fielding a very makeshift backline.
    Quick thanks to Tenambit, everyone from the ground official, to the players, coach and even supporters were very welcoming and pleasant to deal with. The game was played in the right spirit, a few robust challenges from both teams, but they were infrequent and held no malice. Cheers to Tenambit for enjoyable
    night of football and hope for the same again next Tuesday.
    Yeah our back line isn't really built for speed lol
    And I guess all I'm really doing in goals is my job of pulling my team out of the shit we get ourselves into but of late it seems to be happening far to often that I need to make a number of saves per game to keep it sort of respectable which I'm happy to do as long as I'm making those saves. But it does become frustrating when I punt the ball up the park for it only to come straight back in my direction.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Tenambit V Mussy (res)
    0-4
    Was keen to watch a bit of live footy on a Tuesday night so I headed out to watch this match. You pretty much hit the nail on the head in your summation.

No offence to your blokes but why you're playing in that team i'll never know. Are you normally the first grade keeper? You're well and truly a class above and pulled off a series of top notch saves last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Was keen to watch a bit of live footy on a Tuesday night so I headed out to watch this match. You pretty much hit the nail on the head in your summation.

No offence to your blokes but why you're playing in that team i'll never know. Are you normally the first grade keeper? You're well and truly a class above and pulled off a series of top notch saves last night.
    Cheers mate. Iv been in res all year bar rnd 1 when our first grade keeper was away. Up until the last trial game I was an on field first grade defender. But lack of a second keeper and ongoing knee issues I took the gloves back up. First four rounds I was doing res keeper and first on field. But from then on I have been in res doing what I can to play first. after a 7-0 & a 6-1 score line against me iv really knuckled down to put pressure on our first grade keeper. and will just have to wait and see what happens.

Like I said after our game sharky - your firsts keeper seemed to struggle with holding onto the ball. Tbh I didn't get to see you in action though.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Like I said after our game sharky - your firsts keeper seemed to struggle with holding onto the ball. Tbh I didn't get to see you in action though.
    My game against ur mob was along with medowie was a quieter night for me ( no disrespect to ur team at all) Just with the amount of work iv had to do in all the other games from round (i think) 6 onwards it seemed an easy night for me. ( which we still lost lol)

Uni - Olympic
    Res 1-1
    1st 2-1

Medowie v Merewether

1st 5-2 Medowie
    Ressies 2-2

Jeso v Tenambit.

Reggies 3-2. Good effort from Tenambit who kept going and made us nervous.

1sts 4-0. Could have been anything but for a combination of some wasteful finishing and good shot stopping from their gk, some of which were somewhat fortunate but nonetheless, he positioned himself very well.

Played in good spirit, ref I've not seen before who did pretty well over the day.

Charlestown v Westlakes
    Reserves 2-1
    Firsts 4-1

Great double to Charlie against an, I'm assuming, understrength westlakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpewterschmidt View Post
    Charlestown v Westlakes
    Reserves 2-1
    Firsts 4-1

Great double to Charlie against an, I'm assuming, understrength westlakes.
    Ressies was an interesting game. Charlie all over us in the first and went in 2-0 up. Second half we were all over them and probs unlucky not to get a draw.

Firsts was 1-1 at half time which reflected the game at that time. Charlie were then to good and dominated the second.
    It wasn't that weak of a side we put forward. Defence was mostly ressies but I thought we lost it in the mids today. Few players coming bak from long holidays and it showed. But Charlie also played some good football.

On a side note I thought the refs did a great job. Good to see some younger refs out there and thought they got it right the majority of the time

Reserve grade back line and players returning from holidays of course. Where was the infamous Big Dunc? Whoever played up front was awfully quiet

U can Beleive wat u like it's still facts. U would of noticed three of our backs play a full game of ressies so I'm not lying.

Anyways I never used that as an excuse as I said we lost it in the midfield

The fact....
    Clinical display from the hammers at hammer stadium.midfield were too strong and controlled the game guys up front took their chances and the guys at the back did a great job keeping the famous guy upfront quiet.all in all dominated.hats off to the west lakes player one of the best oggies ive seen.30 yard header.
    Hammers win easily.