Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

So its come down to the final weekend of the season to determine the fate of all 4 teams. Very exciting stuff , couldn't have asked for a better end to the year! On that note , good luck to all this weekend. Now we face the task of travelling away to Hamilton this weekend needing to win to wrap up the minor premiership. Doesn't get much harder than that , but sure to be an entertaining game. As the way it stands it will make for a competitive final series. If we beat Hamilton we will (most likely) play westlakes in a 1V4 playoff. If we lose we will take on Hamilton once again. Jesmond look set to take on Charlestown or Hamilton (assuming Charlie beat Uni) or even Westlakes... Its confusing huh? lol. No doubt westlakes will be sweating on results. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Hi txk do you know if your reserves are still coming down to play tomorrow night v merewether ? I see they cant make the semis now and would be a long way to travel for what some would call a "nothing" game. I'm pretty sure our boys still wanna play.
    As thephenom said mate we will def be coming to play. Regardless of the nothing to play for we have had teams forfeit against us at home in the past and its just something out club has always held a strong position against. Speaking to majority of the boys today they are still very keen for it and looking forward to their final two games before sitting back and having a brew whilst supporting our firsts from then on!

Let's not forget about reserve grade either.
    Charlestown host Uni knowing if they win they'll win the minor premiership on goal difference, bumping uni to 2nd, westlakes to 3rd. Jeso should comfortably beat Merewether, meaning Olympic need at least a draw to keep Jesmond in 5th.
    BUT if Olympic win, they'd overtake Westlakes on GD, and if Charlie don't win, they could finish 3rd or 4th, depending on Olympic's result...

So Muswellbrook vs Olympic is massive in both grades!
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

The amount of Ke$ha that I have listened to......

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmuz View Post
    Well... not to change the subject or anything...
    but Uni's win in reggies on the weekend (combined with charlie's loss) sealed up the minor premiership for Uni with 2 weeks to go.
    Interestingly enough Westlakes currently in 2nd could end up 5th and charlie currently in 5th could end up 2nd if results go one way or another.
    2 interesting weeks coming up in reggies.

aaaaand resume 1st grade talk... go!
    What happened, not sealed after all?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    What happened, not sealed after all?
    Yeah, mathematical error from the uni guy.
    We've been struggling a bit ever since uni holidays and have only had one win in the 4 since the holidays started.
    Injuries have been adding up a bit too and a broken foot/ankle (I heard) to one of our strikers early in the Westlakes game didnt help either.

That said, big game for both teams this weekend and there will be no excuses either way.
    Should be a cracker

olympic v mussy

res 4-0
    1st 1-2

well done to our reserve grade boys for making semis and for finishing the season strongly. Also, congratulations to mussy for winning the premiership, best team all year and deserved winners. We played well today and went 1-0 up early and continued to play well in the 1st half, putting mussy under some real pressure. 2nd half mussy were too strong and just over ran us and deserved the win, so well done. Also, well done to Jesmond, Westlakes and Charlestown for making the semis, all the best.

Medowie V Tenambit
    Res
    0-1 Tenambit
    First
    4-1 (maybe 5 lost count) Medowie

Congrats to Mussy on becoming Premiers enjoy League 1 (assuming u take promotion)

Got luck to all who made the finals .

Congrats to mussy

really surprised to hear hamo missing out. I had a strange feeling they would take it out.

any news on the uni charlie game?

Congrats to the screaming eagles

Uni v Charlie

Res: 0 - 0 (Uni wraps up minor premiership, finally! haha)
    Firsts: Uni 4 - 1 Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong View Post
    olympic v mussy

res 4-0
    1st 1-2

well done to our reserve grade boys for making semis and for finishing the season strongly. Also, congratulations to mussy for winning the premiership, best team all year and deserved winners. We played well today and went 1-0 up early and continued to play well in the 1st half, putting mussy under some real pressure. 2nd half mussy were too strong and just over ran us and deserved the win, so well done. Also, well done to Jesmond, Westlakes and Charlestown for making the semis, all the best.
    Thanks Dingdong! Agree with all you have said, Hamilton really strong in the first half and put us under some real pressure. Pauly (as always) and Lucas up front were class! Second half we pulled our fingers out but and came away with the points. Stoked to have clinched it in what was again, a really good really competitive game. Hats off to Olympic a bit of niggle on the pitch but afterwards their attitudes were top notch and we had a chat and a beer. I've said it before, but that is what local football is all about! Cheers for the game Olympic and your hospitality, really well fought and unfortunate you aren't there in the finals, a quality team. Off for some beers, congrats to all the teams that have made the finals. Will be a good contest!!!

The fact.
    Regies game very even only the keeper the difference otherwise could've been different.
    1st grade Charlie just not interested and a few out.
    Side note uni bench in first were ordinary and left the place a mess a rev up made sure the shed was clean.bit disappointing enjoy mad Monday hope your mums are there to help clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by nosmackjustfact View Post
    The fact.
    Regies game very even only the keeper the difference otherwise could've been different.
    1st grade Charlie just not interested and a few out.
    Side note uni bench in first were ordinary and left the place a mess a rev up made sure the shed was clean.bit disappointing enjoy mad Monday hope your mums are there to help clean up.
    The Facts:

if there was a canteen there might of being more. if a bin was provided per regulations there might of being none.

if the ref had a spine in res grade there should of being about 5 red cards (4 charly:1 uni).

Mad Monday will be awesome, and we will see you next week

The fact.
    So the bins used to clean up after your childish habits magically appeared?
    Second on the canteen yes there was none but at your ground I personally purchased from then had to supply change so you could charge everyone else,an under run canteen is better than none?
    3rd your card situation totally wrong I seen one uni player lash out at least 3 times and remain on?i think you should not give accounts with the amount smack you dribble.
    NO SMACK

"No smack" - drops a line about other peoples mums

Congrats to Mussy on taking the premiership. I really didn't think Jesmond deserved it (solely because I didn't see anything special from them at all) so was glad to see someone overtake them.

Olympic were my pick for the GF. Them not making it has changed everything. The only prediction I can make is that the teams who get a good run with refs will take the cake, that's about all I'll be able to distinguish between the sides IMO
    OK

Congrats to all teams in the semis
    1v4 1st Mussy v Westlakes
    1v4 Res Uni v Charlestown
    2v3 1st Jeso v Charlestown
    2v3 Res Olympic v Westlakes
    Charlestown n Westlakes have busy weekends coming up playing Saturday and Sunday but bonus is both teams in the semis

Quote Originally Posted by pastor399 View Post
    The Facts:

if there was a canteen there might of being more. if a bin was provided per regulations there might of being none.

if the ref had a spine in res grade there should of being about 5 red cards (4 charly:1 uni).

Mad Monday will be awesome, and we will see you next week
    4 red cards? That comment is laughable.
    So, as such, hahahahahahaha. 4 red cards? Ha. You are a bunch of dreamers.

And I'm sorry the four garbage bins that were all located outside the sheds were not located close enough to your rubbish tip next to the team's bench. Perhaps Westlakes can be more accommodating and provide a fifth bin to allow for the rubbish you are talking on here.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

I'm a minor premier now. I'd like to thank Kesha(with a dollar sign), Charles Grodin and the country Luxembourg. Three true inspirations. When we win the Grand Final, I promise you all that I will find a way to combine the three and together we will build a better world. Thank you all. *mic drop*