Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    hi guys , iam led to believe that medowie have folded and will not be playing zone league football this year.
    Thats a shame if its the case, they had quite a few good players. Would like to see a few of them come over to the Terrace, more than welcome if their keen for a run this season!

good news for medowie , they are going to try to get there zone league 2 side up for this year , lets hope so , still not looking good out there due to major problems i cant get into.

Definitely a shame if they fold, never good to see a club not get off the ground. I was speaking to a couple of their coaches in the off-season and they thought they might be struggling for numbers this year. Definite shame, but if they can't get the numbers it might be the best thing to fold. Playing for Muswellbrook last year, I wouldn't recommend any team going into the comp short on players, doesn't make for a fun season. I think there is a minumum squad size that has to be met as well, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just assuming that player numbers are the issue as well, haven't spoken to their guys since October, but that was the story then...

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    I think there is a minumum squad size that has to be met as well, correct me if I'm wrong.
    No your right, each division has a minimum number of players that need to be registered and their fees paid for by the club by a date set by the Assoc's BUT that is not until shortly before the season kicks off so at this stage of draws and planning the Assoc's have to work off clubs best assessments.

The other issue is registering is not the same as a fit body on the field all year, and some clubs have been known even recently in higher divisions to have to register guys with no intnention of playing just to give them their position in a comp while the find extra players.
    Last edited by demon; 08-02-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Any one played any trials yet or got any coming up soon?

westlakes have their first trial @ home on sat 23 feb v mussy (zl2) and then leading up to the season have trials that coincidentally will see us face off against at least 1 team in every zone league; morisset (zl1), toronto (zl3) & barnsley (zpl). state cup in the middle of it all, plus i daresay a few intra-club trials & whatnot will make for a pretty busy preseason.
    OK

Olympic play Stockton ZL3 on Sunday arvo then play Kotara / Wallsend / Uni ZL2 as well as State Cup

Tenambit have Charlestown City Blues NBN U/19s for our first hit out on 28th Feb closely followed by Medowie on the 3rd Raymond Terrace on the 7th State Cup on 16th The Bero ZL1 a week out before season starts and with a bit of a gap from state Cup and Bero we are chasing another ZL1 team to fit in between then.

Muswellbrook have Singleton NewFM at Muswellbrook this coming Sunday, followed by Westlakes at Rathmines as mentioned by pv4 on the 23rd. In March we are playing against Wallsend FC ZL1 on the 3rd at their ground and on the 10th we are hosting Gunnedah Imperial up at Muswellbrook. 16th we have Bellbird in the State Cup and to round of pre-season we have Toronto ZL3 coming up to our home ground on the 23rd which will become an annual thing, and this year is coinciding with our big junior registration day to help bridge the gap between our junior and senior clubs and hopefully get a bit of a crowd and interest there.

16th we have Bellbird in the State Cup.
    You guys are the game before us I do believe. I will be one very interested spectator.

WESTLAKES WILDCATS FC LOOKING FOR GOALKEEPERS

Westlakes Wildcats FC are chasing goalkeepers for the upcoming season. The ZL2 grand final winning side from last year has considerably strengthened on-field, yet has unfortunately lost both goalkeepers to out-of-district commitments. Anyone interested in playing with a great group of players, a fun atmosphere and with a view to looking at playing ZL1 next year as we are aiming to win the double this year, please get in contact with us. We are advertising for first and reserve grade goalkeepers, but would never say no to a good outfield player either. We have trial games starting next weekend through to the start of the season, so have plenty of opportunities to give you a shot.

If you are interested, get in contact with us in one of the following methods:
    • Send me a PM
    • Send an email to westlakes_wildcats@hotmail.com
    • Get in contact with Brendan on 0439437152
    • Come to training on a Tuesday or Thursday at Rathmines Oval, 6:30pm start.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    You guys are the game before us I do believe. I will be one very interested spectator.
    Will be an interesting game, all our lads are really looking forward to it as well. I daresay there will be a few of our guys interested in checking out your match as well, myself being one of them. I'm very curious to see what level the new teams in the division are at, as I didn't really see any matches outside of ZL2 last season.

club_logo.jpg
    Hi all,
    Wallsend FC are looking for a team to play our ZL1 third grade team this weekend on Sunday the 17th at ‘The Gardens’ with kick off at 11:30.
    Sorry for the late notice, we were set to play Medowie but after recent events they are unable to make the game so we are hoping to find a replacement team.
    If you are interested please pm me so we can get it sorted.
    Thanks

Will be an interesting game, all our lads are really looking forward to it as well. I daresay there will be a few of our guys interested in checking out your match as well, myself being one of them. I'm very curious to see what level the new teams in the division are at, as I didn't really see any matches outside of ZL2 last season.
    I was the same didn't get much chance to see any other comps then my own. I might be doing a bit of traveling in pre season to have a look.

Muswellbrook played a trial vs. Singleton yesterday. We had a squad of about 18, they had about 30 (some of which I have been told only got introduced to everyone on the day) and we played 5 periods of 20 minutes, rotating the players. Final score was 4-2 Singletons way which was pretty disappointing for us seeing as we lead 2-0 for about an hour. Mixture of tired legs, some players taking the "it's only a trial mentality", coach tinkering with the midfield and a touch of awful refereeing (yep, I know it's pre-season but bad refereeing is bad refereeing) changing the game, but at the end of the day you concede 4 goals you probably don't deserve to win. Promising signs I suppose that we were the better team for an hour and we will be better off fitness-wise for the hit-out. Gave the gaffer a chance to look at some new players as well. Will have more players for two-grades against Westlakes this weekend so will get a better idea of how we are looking. Must also be said that if yesterday is anything to go by, Singleton are in for another VERY long year in NewFM, it has always baffled me how they have managed to stay in that competition. Any other trials played over the weekend?

From 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    stockton v olympic reserve grade 6 - 1 olympic
    stockton blooded many new young guys today and it showed , good to see the boys never gave up , olympic played very well and deserve there win.
    stockton v olympic 1st 2 - 2
    quiet a good game from both considering a first hit out , a fair result in the end , olympic will be there again this year , have picked some good speed up front.

I will hopefully getting in contact with a rep from Medowie mainly about our trial with them and try finding out if they staying in the comp can only hope they can manage to get a team together would be a shame to see them fold.

trial game planned for tomorrow between Westlakes & Muswellbrook has been cancelled due to weather
    OK

1. westlakes
    2. merewether
    3. hamilton
    4. charle
    5. musswellbroook
    6. uni
    7. jesmond
    8. bellbird
    9. medowie
    10. tenambit

Charlestown play Merewether Advance on the 3rd, followed by Garden Suburbs on the 10th, Beresfield (ZL1) on the 17th, New Lambton in the State Cup on the 24th, then still looking to confirm a trial for either the 30th or 31st.
    Charlestown City Blues - 2013 Zone League Two
    1st Grade Grand Final Winners
    Reserve Grade Grand Final Winners