4. charle
    5. musswellbroook
    6. uni
    7. jesmond
    8. bellbird
    9. medowie
    10. tenambit
    What makes u think tenambit will be
    will be dead last?? We came down from League 1 may have come last but always were competitive in 90% of games have lost bigger all from first grade infact have improved in my opinion. I understand its your opinion but was just wondering how u came about it that's all??

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    What makes u think tenambit will be
    will be dead last?? We came down from League 1 may have come last but always were competitive in 90% of games have lost bigger all from first grade infact have improved in my opinion. I understand its your opinion but was just wondering how u came about it that's all??
    I for one hope you come straight back up good bunch of blokes laughable that some think you'll come last

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I for one hope you come straight back up good 9bunch of blokes laughable that some think you'll come last
    Cheers mate the old and the new boys will be doing all we can to do that. We will be disappointed if we dot make top four minimum. We dot expect it to be easy but we are well and truly up for the challenge that lays ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by CCB View Post
    Charlestown play Merewether Advance on the 3rd, followed by Garden Suburbs on the 10th, Beresfield (ZL1) on the 17th, New Lambton in the State Cup on the 24th, then still looking to confirm a trial for either the 30th or 31st.
    just know you may struggle to get a game on the 30/31 weekend as its Easter long weekend
    OK

i think westlakes and muswellbrook will fight for the top position this year. Uni will finish last. Medowie will struggle , along with Bellbird. Hamilton will be consistent but miss out on the finals , same with Jesmond. Top 4 will be Westlakes , Muswellbrook , Merewhether and Charlestown.

I think tenambit will be top half for sure.

demon
    Did Merewether retain Jesmond Park as a home ground or now they are in the same division did Jesmond take it back as their home ground?

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    Did Merewether retain Jesmond Park as a home ground or now they are in the same division did Jesmond take it back as their home ground?
    From memory Jesmond play behind the shopping centre as they are part of the junior club? and merewether are still at jesmond park

Tenambit played State league U/19's charlestown city blues last night going down 2-1 ( shit they are quick and talented) With 21 boys rocking up for one game the sideline did resemble a nfl game. But for a first hit out together with plenty of new face's results were not high priority. controlling plenty of the game and trying to adjust to the rotation policy in place by the large number of players we were quite happy with our game and was looking forward to our game on Sunday against medowie but due to the rain it has been postponed.

Jesmond are playing out of Jesmond Park again this year (where we belong). Went to Heaton when the juniors and Seniors joined to reduce costs but after 3 years there the decision was made to move back 'home'.

The draw is currently being changed so that us and Merewether don't clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post
    Jesmond are playing out of Jesmond Park again this year (where we belong). Went to Heaton when the juniors and Seniors joined to reduce costs but after 3 years there the decision was made to move back 'home'.

Merewether... why not play out of Myamblah???
    Heard they were joining with Merewether Jnrs in some way.
    Sunday arvo's there ftw.

tomorrows trial between morisset & Westlakes has been cancelled due to weather.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    tomorrows trial between morisset & Westlakes has been cancelled due to weather.
    Not a good lead up a week before the old revival of what was known around the original toronto Awaba community as " kill a cat day " TORONTO AWABA V WESTLAKES .... music to everyone's ears , and for a great cause , the John Beguin Shield .

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Merewether... why not play out of Myamblah???
    Heard they were joining with Merewether Jnrs in some way.
    Sunday arvo's there ftw.
    The wethers have been playing out of jes pk since around 2000. Have nothing to do with juniors at myamblah. Always played home games on a saturday. Have been in the same division as rams a few times over the years with no problems sharing ground.
    The only issue will be the condition of the playing surface. The past 3 years the surface was still terible even though we only played every second week on it. Unfortunately the referees also train there 2 nights a week ( have done so for 10 years or more ) and dont care wether they run straight down the middle or in the 18 yard box as they dont play the game. They pay their money to council so do as they wish.
    Are the rams planning on training at jes pk to? Perhaps we should start up a shield or something while we are in the same division. Call it the 'rose bowl ' as rocket racer has previously mentioned in the forums.

Tomorrow's trial vs Merewether Advance has been called off, however we have scheduled a full field water polo match to take its place.
    Hopefully things dry up this week...
    Charlestown City Blues - 2013 Zone League Two
    1st Grade Grand Final Winners
    Reserve Grade Grand Final Winners

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Raider View Post

Jesmond can hardly lay claim to belonging at Jesmond Park. They seem to pick and choose where they want to play every few years. They have been back and forth between Jesmond Park and Heaton like a yo yo.

At least Merewether have been there now for a long time on continued basis.

Don't forget that it was Merewether that dipped into their own pockets to get the flood lights. Jesmond were not even playing ID's at the time.

Jesmond should be treated as minor tenants and Merewether they major tenants. Meaning Merewether gets first choice for training and match days.

handbags galore here, sounds like sour grapes to me.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

No handbags here buddha. Im pretty sure reds forever is a former player or coach from years gone by and is not associated with us these days. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the early days when tensions were high. Out of the current crop of players theres only a few of us left from the years when the rams played at the rose bowl.We've probably gone through 60 or 70 different players in the past 5 years so the rams crew will barely know any of us.

We welcome the rams back to their traditional home, it is jesmond park after all. The council can hire it out to any club they wish, the past has seen a shortland 0ver 35 team play there as well new fm side ( at the time) charlestown city blues train there and dig the ground up something terrible - not to mention the referees who train 2 nights a week. We should get together and work out a way of protecting our beautiful park. Look forward to having a good relationship.

As a representative from Jesmond, we can confrim that we would like to work with Merewether rather than against. Much more productive for everyone. I'm aware of past years hostilities. Whilst a healthy rivalry is just that, healthy, anything more is just stupid and I think that most that carried that grudge have moved on from both clubs. We have been given the green light for the ground and applied only for match days and wil continue to train at Heaton Park as were aware that Merewether would be applying and the status with the referees.
    Although this is a forum for everyones use, perhaps past players with not quite all the facts should move on gracefully....
    Re: An annual game between the tenants of Jesmond Park, I think that is a great idea and would like to discuss the possibility further.

Cheers for the lights.