Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Just a outside thought for Mereweather if there not attached to the jr's or the area why don't they change there name to Shortland advance or North Lambton or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Just a outside thought for Mereweather if there not attached to the jr's or the area why don't they change there name to Shortland advance or North Lambton or something along those lines.
    genius

May have something to do with their history would be in the top 10 oldest clubs in the hunter I would think

OR the "jesmond park infiltrators"

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    May have something to do with their history would be in the top 10 oldest clubs in the hunter I would think
    If there that concerned about history why aren't they playing at their original ground and they would still be advance. Many clubs change their name and still keeps their history most notably Iron Works F.C

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    No handbags here buddha. Im pretty sure reds forever is a former player or coach from years gone by and is not associated with us these days. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge since the early days when tensions were high. Out of the current crop of players theres only a few of us left from the years when the rams played at the rose bowl.We've probably gone through 60 or 70 different players in the past 5 years so the rams crew will barely know any of us.

We welcome the rams back to their traditional home, it is jesmond park after all. The council can hire it out to any club they wish, the past has seen a shortland 0ver 35 team play there as well new fm side ( at the time) charlestown city blues train there and dig the ground up something terrible - not to mention the referees who train 2 nights a week. We should get together and work out a way of protecting our beautiful park. Look forward to having a good relationship.
    sound like a top bloke mate, alot of grace about you, personally i think ground sharing is great, builds up a bit of a derby, works for Inter and AC Milan.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

trial game this sunday @ finnan oval. westlakes (zl2) vs toronto awaba (zl3).first grade playing for the John Beguin Shield. 215 & 4pm
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    trial game this sunday @ finnan oval. westlakes (zl2) vs toronto awaba (zl3).first grade playing for the John Beguin Shield. 215 & 4pm
    " Killacat day " , will be a good day, four games starting at 11am in honour of a good man :

11am Toronto Awaba O35 Toads v Westlakes O35
    12.30 Toronto Awaba O35 Slugs v West Wallsend O35
    2.15 Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( Reserve Grade )
    4pm Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( First Grade ) John Beguin Shield.

Tenambit Sharks taking on Raymond Terrace tomorrow night at Shark Park (Beryl Humble Sporting Complex as it is also known)Res kick off at 6:30 first @8pm. Will be our second trial for the year, first with both grades and will be a good test for us playing the mob that replaced us in ZL1!!

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    " Killacat day " , will be a good day, four games starting at 11am in honour of a good man :

11am Toronto Awaba O35 Toads v Westlakes O35
    12.30 Toronto Awaba O35 Slugs v West Wallsend O35
    2.15 Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( Reserve Grade )
    4pm Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 ( First Grade ) John Beguin Shield.
    Beer and a feed available ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Beer and a feed available ?
    Yes mate , canteen, BBQ and bar open

Kotara 5 - Olympic 1

Mixed grades due to work comittements and holidays
    Another game tonight amongst both clubs

Game 2
    Kotara 0 - Olympic 3
    Another mixed grade game

Well Tenambit took on Raymond Terrace tonight and both scores were a bit bigger then we would have liked. Res got a bit of a touch up but was there first run together so we will work on it.
    And First well i think it ended up 6-1 but any one watching the game would see that as an unfair score line (all bar the last 10 we ran out of legs in our first proper hit) we missed a host of chances and whoever said they lost there quick guy up front well wrong lol. They are fast as u would know from last year. first two goals were counter attacks using there speed. And before i left the field in the second ( was in the sheds so didnt see the rest) we helped them with a few goals by getting in each others road ( i mean we literally took each other out). But the terrace are still a quality team and should do well in the league above. But all in all good hit out played good football and we hope to only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Well Tenambit took on Raymond Terrace tonight and both scores were a bit bigger then we would have liked. Res got a bit of a touch up but was there first run together so we will work on it.
    And First well i think it ended up 6-1 but any one watching the game would see that as an unfair score line (all bar the last 10 we ran out of legs in our first proper hit) we missed a host of chances and whoever said they lost there quick guy up front well wrong lol. They are fast as u would know from last year. first two goals were counter attacks using there speed. And before i left the field in the second ( was in the sheds so didnt see the rest) we helped them with a few goals by getting in each others road ( i mean we literally took each other out). But the terrace are still a quality team and should do well in the league above. But all in all good hit out played good football and we hope to only get better.
    They have added from what i've been hearing from my old boy and my mates who play for them, could be up there for finals contention.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Game 2
    Kotara 0 - Olympic 3
    Another mixed grade game
    kotara 3rd/res grade vs hamilton 1st grade*

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    kotara 3rd/res grade vs hamilton 1st grade*
    Olympic had mixed both there grades both nights due to holidays and work commitments.
    Game 2 had a stronger 1st Grade presence but was pretty mixed both games

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    They have added from what i've been hearing from my old boy and my mates who play for them, could be up there for finals contention.
    You won't be far of the mark with them making finals id say very good all over the park.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    You won't be far of the mark with them making finals id say very good all over the park.
    Congratulations to the Tenambit club for the hard work gone into looking after the grounds, pitch is in excellent shape, teams will love playing on that surface this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Congratulations to the Tenambit club for the hard work gone into looking after the grounds, pitch is in excellent shape, teams will love playing on that surface this season.
    Cheers mate its taken a number of years to get it from the rock hard surface we once had to what we have now. just hope over the two to three weeks the ground is closed for council work it dosnt affect it too much.