Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 2 Thread

Always good to hear the other side of game. Also interesting that players within the same team have differing views.

TBH i dont think there is much difference the teams at the top of the table (jeso, mussy, hamo, us and charlie) with medoewie also quiet competative and pushing for finals. Makes me a bit suprised to hear that you recon that neither side playing like last nite would be not competitive against the others that are competing for the final.

This is I think the first I've actually commented on the actual quality/events of the actual game, but tbh I thought with 20 to go jesmond looked like they had just given up.

I didn't think as a whole westlakes were "great" but the effort in the context was phenomenal, given the lack of numbers.

Sorry if I got the injury numbers wrong - one of your first graders told me the other day that apart from your sweeper injuring himself (I hope it wasn't because of the state of the field at JP lol) you guys had an injury free season

And in regards to the keepers, I'm not sure which are which you're referring to but imo your best keeper is the green shirt one who played reserves last night and firsts in round one - he is phenomenal. Literally saved reserves two points last night near the end.

Jesmond park and I are one. It dare not hurt me ever. After having time to read all the posts regarding our game I just want to make a few points. Firstly bombing a 2 goal lead is poor. Conceding 5 is unacceptable and so is racially abusing one of our players. Banter on the field is part of the game but there is a line and it was crossed. Our performance wasn't even close to how good we can play, we are not happy about it and we know there is work to do before September. Full credit to the bad guys, didn't drop when went 2 down and followed it up with 3 quick goals which really knocked us out. 2 more and the night was over. However a coach once said to me there is only one thing worst then a sore loser and that's a sore/bad winner. On a positive for us it's good to see the reaction from this mob who were/are clearly stoked to have beaten us because when we beat them we weren't even interested in trying to get a bite from anyone, on here carrying on like spoilt brats. We celebrated, enjoyed it just like any other win. But come the next day it was already mind on the next job/game. Couldn't care less, 3 points in the bag. I haven't seen this reaction from westlake after any of their other wins this season so we see that as a positive that you guys are this happy to have got the chocolates. Would of preferred the 3 points but every cloud has a silver lining or some shit like that. Again full credit to the baddies. 3 points deserved.

iam not affiliated with any club in this division but i always enjoy reading ramsbelong@jesmondpark posts after they play!seems to call it good or bad!un like some other posts on here!

For the record I approached the westlakes player about the incident and he said he called your player a grub, the jesmond player asked him to repeat it which the westlakes player did, and then he didn't take kindly to it. I'm fully against racism also, but can confirm the jesmond player took a comment completely out of context and overreacted. It was a much softer sledge than I heard on and off the field anyway. So move along, nothing to see here on that occasion

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    Westlakes were great last nite.
    Basically all ressies defence no keeper and played great.
    Jesmond got to 2-0 up and started the trash talk and were pretty happy with themselves. That stopped after we went into the break 3-2 up. Jesmond were on top a little after the break but couldn't break our ressies and then we got one on the counter and controlled the last 30 min
    Sack 1st grade and play ressies in 1sts

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    Sack 1st grade and play ressies in 1sts
    Unfortunately being outplayed by medowie and charlie i think us ressies have a bit to go before playing regular first grade but we definately showed our potential against jesmond with a solid team effort.
    With a few more games under their belt id say a few of the younger guys will have a good chance of playing regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmond_sweeper View Post
    Jesmond park and I are one. It dare not hurt me ever. After having time to read all the posts regarding our game I just want to make a few points. Firstly bombing a 2 goal lead is poor. Conceding 5 is unacceptable and so is racially abusing one of our players. Banter on the field is part of the game but there is a line and it was crossed. Our performance wasn't even close to how good we can play, we are not happy about it and we know there is work to do before September. Full credit to the bad guys, didn't drop when went 2 down and followed it up with 3 quick goals which really knocked us out. 2 more and the night was over. However a coach once said to me there is only one thing worst then a sore loser and that's a sore/bad winner. On a positive for us it's good to see the reaction from this mob who were/are clearly stoked to have beaten us because when we beat them we weren't even interested in trying to get a bite from anyone, on here carrying on like spoilt brats. We celebrated, enjoyed it just like any other win. But come the next day it was already mind on the next job/game. Couldn't care less, 3 points in the bag. I haven't seen this reaction from westlake after any of their other wins this season so we see that as a positive that you guys are this happy to have got the chocolates. Would of preferred the 3 points but every cloud has a silver lining or some shit like that. Again full credit to the baddies. 3 points deserved.
    As far as im concerned its pretty poor to claim racial abuse, as pv4 said your player was called a grub, and as far as I know its never been a racist comment especially when playing a game.
    As for being poor winners, all ive said was that we played great, much like charlestown wrote after our game saturday and I agreed with the majority of their comments.
    Credit to ram raider for giving a fair unbiased report.

The early news on the Jesmond vs Uni game is a lucky 3-2 win to Jesmond. I say lucky because apparently Uni had a goal disallowed as it "Didn't cross the line", where as spectators actually thought the Jeso goalkeeper was trawling for soccer balls it was surrounded by so much net. Time will tell.

Very interested in the wrap-ups.....

We couldn't see it too well from the bench but we definitely saw the net rustle as the ball touched it, definitely surprised it wasnt a goal...Once again the lack of linesman plays its part. Was a good game though, both sides played really well, went down the wire with heaps of pressure from uni.

Oh and ressies...Uni 2-1 Jesmond

Jesmond went 1 up about 10 minutes in - Good shot from bout 25 yards out that hit the underside of the cross-bar, bounced without going over the line and landed in front of a jesmond striker to tap it in. After that was a super close game, well fought by both sides.
    Uni came out and dominated second half, although Jesmond were threatening on the counter. Uni kept pushing and eventually got the equaliser though an awesome goal from Itsmuz...then with about 5 or so to go, Our super striker Martin headed in over the keeper.

Felt like a semi already with the intensity. Going to be a close finals!

Cats v tennambit
    Res 3-0
    Firsts 5-2
    Heard a few complaints from tennambit players n coaches about the ref n club linesman but considering the ref disallowed a goal for a player saying here n both club linesman disallowing another goal each I think we can say it was pretty fair.
    Both Sharks keepers played really well. Saved a heap of goals
    Last edited by true waterboy; 03-08-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Westlakes vs Tenambit
    Ressies 3-0
    Plenty of possession for the cats tenambit only fielding 10 I'm led to believe, they rallied really hard and made it difficult to finish chances.

Firsts 5-2
    Both sides had players back up more so tenambit I believe. Cats went up 1-0 early with a shot deflecting of the post and falling at the feet of dunc for a tap in. Went to the break 2-1. Second half tenambit got a goal back to make it 2-2 and were really starting to put pressure on. Then with about 15 to go the game really opened up through so tired legs and westlakes ran away with it.

Credit to tenambit they showed up and really gave us a good run for our money.

yes we did only have ten including our first grade keeper and one fill in from an all age team.
    I didn't hang around after the game wasn't too well liked within my own team to say the least.
    But I personally had no beef with the club officials they actually called it how they saw it so no complaint with them. the ref however was well I dnt think iv ever seen him do a decent job yet. But still he had no part in our loss today

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    yes we did only have ten including our first grade keeper and one fill in from an all age team.
    I didn't hang around after the game wasn't too well liked within my own team to say the least.
    But I personally had no beef with the club officials they actually called it how they saw it so no complaint with them. the ref however was well I dnt think iv ever seen him do a decent job yet. But still he had no part in our loss today
    Are you the first grade keeper?
    I saw a massive melt down late in the game. looked like two of your players nearly had a biff. What happened there?
    tbh i thought ur first grade keeper was the best player on the park for you guys in ressies.
    Last edited by true waterboy; 03-08-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Are you the first grade keeper?
    I saw a massive melt down late in the game. looked like two of your players nearly had a biff. What happened there?
    tbh i thought ur first grade keeper was the best player on the park for you guys in ressies.
    nah I'm the bloke who caused the nearly biff by going of my head.
    All he was doing was trying to calm me down but I had already lost the plot and embarrassed my self. I'm the res grade keeper.
    And yes he was outstanding in res he has played on the field once before at mussy and got best on park for that game also.

Res: CCB 0-1 Medowie;
    1sts: CCB 1-0 Medowie;
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    nah I'm the bloke who caused the nearly biff by going of my head.
    All he was doing was trying to calm me down but I had already lost the plot and embarrassed my self. I'm the res grade keeper.
    And yes he was outstanding in res he has played on the field once before at mussy and got best on park for that game also.
    ahh kk, sorry to hear. was definately a strange situation. I was the coaches box side linesman and had no idea where it came from. hopefully u can sort it out at training.
    u had a good game in ressies tho. definately had alot of action down your end. our shooting wasnt crash hot but still made some good saves

ahh kk, sorry to hear. was definately a strange situation. I was the coaches box side linesman and had no idea where it came from. hopefully u can sort it out at training.
    u had a good game in ressies tho. definately had alot of action down your end. our shooting wasnt crash hot but still made some good saves
    All will be good I will get a well deserved arse kicking at training.

It was strange in res first half u guys were taking ur shots and I had to make a few saves. then in the second half u guys knocked it around our 18 (nicely I might add) but didn't seem to want to shoot and when u did it was rushed.
    But in saying that u guys did get two goals in that half so obviously the change worked.