Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1248

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I see some of you were up late last night behaving like a bunch of dickheads

play nicely or you'll be banned until the grand final is over
    Would also like to apologise for the piss taking and shit stirring that went too far.

Congratulations to all top 4 teams getting both grades into the semi's. Should all b cracking matches!!

Quote Originally Posted by controlzone View Post
    Would also like to apologise for the piss taking and shit stirring that went too far.

Congratulations to all top 4 teams getting both grades into the semi's. Should all b cracking matches!!
    Apologising to a mod ? BANNED

I'm also sorry for getting a little carried away last night.
    It's a big thing to make finals football wether you finish 1st or 4th, so congrats to all.
    I only joined this forum to ruffle some feathers and have a laugh which I couldn't have done without the likes of old mate above or namwobb so cheers for that.
    See you on the pitch!
    Last edited by BB2300; 26-08-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Finishing first certainly shows the best team over the season (obviously). However finals football tests teams in a different way, it's less about consistency and depth of squad and more about sheer determination on the day and the quality of your first 11 (or 14).

Saying winning a gf means nothing is a pretty silly statement imo.
    Sorry I ment in terms being classed as the best team that season or getting promoted because of it,as iv seen been posted at the start of the season on another thread.
    Obviously winning a gf does mean
    something just not when it comes to the things I mentioned above. once again just my opinion.

Fair enough, I also agree that the GF should not necessarily affect selection of teams to get promoted etc.

Lets just brawl on gf day after games are finished

Simbas gotta make the grandy first DENNIISSS

They will be versing Stockton in ressies

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Big thankyou to Beresfield for drinking all our beer and eating all our food yesterday, actually came and spent money, and lots of it, unlike other teams who have came to finnan, we definitely had no food leftover, Good luck to all teams left in the semis, even Stockton.

Congratulations to Beresfield for winning promotion and the club championship good bunch of blokes.
    Even Stockton?

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    Sorry I ment in terms being classed as the best team that season or getting promoted because of it,as iv seen been posted at the start of the season on another thread. Obviously winning a gf does mean something just not when it comes to the things I mentioned above. once again just my opinion.
    Dont forget the best teams play in the finals. i'd like to say there's merit in finishing first but its nothing compared to taking the big one, even from 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Even Stockton?
    Wonder how many of the 7 players and zero support "actually came and spent money" on our old boys day

Rofl, Do the other threads get this funny?
    My opinion: Stockton and Bero should go up, Tenambit should request ZL3 for a fresh start.
    Lochinvar I believe could turn in to another trono. But I hope they can get numbers, as another Maitland team is needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Big thankyou to Beresfield for drinking all our beer and eating all our food yesterday, actually came and spent money, and lots of it, unlike other teams who have came to finnan, we definitely had no food leftover, Good luck to all teams left in the semis, even Stockton.
    It's good to see teams spend money at Finnan. It's a shame you criticized teams for not financing you guys enough. Very sporting of you to offer good luck to Stocko ( if nothing else).

Sportingpulse saying semis are 1v2 and 3v4 all on Sunday. Seems strange. Zone leagues 1,2 and 3 are the same format. Anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Sportingpulse saying semis are 1v2 and 3v4 all on Sunday. Seems strange. Zone leagues 1,2 and 3 are the same format. Anyone confirm?
    I think that's a better system anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky21 View Post
    I think that's a better system anyway.
    Would be if ya 2 teams played at the same ground. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Would be if ya 2 teams played at the same ground. Lol
    That always helps. or at least major semi one day minor the next.

At least then there'd be some incentive of finishing 1st and 2nd. If it were home and away semis there's no real difference between finishing 1st or 4th

Lads - please disregard sporting pulse with the major/minor semi final scenario. The semi final format is 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 as per the Excel file of the draw all clubs previously received. The website has made a mistake as automatically reverts to past finals formats. Russell Henry is doing his best to have this rectified. Cheers.

Thanks for clearing it up bud