Toronto Awaba
    Stockton
    Dungog
    Simba
    Kurri
    Cooks Hill
    Mayfield
    Beresfield
    I wouldn't be placing any wagers on Beresfield jnr finishing anywhere near the bottom of the table... in my opinion they are a huge possibility of a top four finish.

tough call for next year with new teams coming in to comp

stockton , have aquired many new players for next year form zpl , new fm and nbn.
    zimba , look like having aquired a few good players
    cooks hill , were there abouts last year , 1 season under the belt gould be the difference
    the rest will be fighting for 4th spot , i hear toronto look strong ???? , dungog also have picked up some new blood but away travels may bring them undone.
    you new guys to this comp dont think it will be a walk in , there are some good teams that in this comp that could be playing in zl1 or higher but you have to start somewere.

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    tough call for next year with new teams coming in to comp

stockton , have aquired many new players for next year form zpl , new fm and nbn.
    zimba , look like having aquired a few good players
    cooks hill , were there abouts last year , 1 season under the belt gould be the difference
    the rest will be fighting for 4th spot , i hear toronto look strong ???? , dungog also have picked up some new blood but away travels may bring them undone.
    you new guys to this comp dont think it will be a walk in , there are some good teams that in this comp that could be playing in zl1 or higher but you have to start somewere.
    Thought i would get some talk going in here.

Good to hear, all teams sound like they will be strong .......

Toronto has NBN, Newfm and ZPL experience with good young blokes around them, so maybe year two will be there best year, cant wait for season to start.

No disrespect to bero mate, just dont know anything about them, im sure theyll be fighting for top four

I hear a kid named bashiri and one called ba maybe heading to simba, very good young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Thought i would get some talk going in here.

Good to hear, all teams sound like they will be strong .......

Toronto has NBN, Newfm and ZPL experience with good young blokes around them, so maybe year two will be there best year, cant wait for season to start.

No disrespect to bero mate, just dont know anything about them, im sure theyll be fighting for top four
    definitely didn't think u were mate, i've actually got nothing to do with that particular club, just know the players they have on their roster and am predicting they will do very well. can't wait for 2013! from what i've read recently ZL3 will be a great comp next year.

Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    definitely didn't think u were mate, i've actually got nothing to do with that particular club, just know the players they have on their roster and am predicting they will do very well. can't wait for 2013! from what i've read recently ZL3 will be a great comp next year.
    My understanding is that a number of the Bero players were playing ZPL 1 last season, so they should go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunta View Post
    My understanding is that a number of the Bero players were playing ZPL 1 last season, so they should go well.
    Dont beresfield already have a ZL1 side ?

Beresfield United play in 1's and Beresfield Football Club play in 3's. Seniors and Juniors simply put.

lots of Dungog players from outside Dungog with a lot of young, very talented young players from dungog added in to the frame.
    Numerous trials, early pre season training, enough players for 3-4 teams, new sponsors, new personal jerseys, new players, new youth and the Dungog fighting spirit shown late last year, I think we will be competitive.
    Also great to have more teams in the competition this year!

demon
    At one stage there was a hope Wallsend would have joined in also with both a ZL1 and ZL3, the ZL3 being for older players within the club and the younger youth to come thru but that seems to have been ended by all accounts as it was seen by some as splitting the current ZL1 club.

Pity, because any club in ZL1 that eventually moves up to ZPL then has to field U23's which means in most cases an entire 3rd grade side suddenly has no club. And lets be honest in many cases its that side that help set the field up, hang around and spend money on feed and a drink while the later games are on and turn out at fund raisers etc.

I think what Bero have done is a good, perhaps in less than perfect circumstances from the stories that went around ZL1, but in the end guys are playing local football and that is what matters.

MIKHAIL DEBASTOS MEMORIAL SHIELD

Morisset FC ( ZL1 ) V Toronto Awaba FC ( ZL3 )

Dora Creek Oval ....... 7th April 2013

3 games 11am , 1pm and 3pm

It is a great honour to be invited to play annually for the " Mikhail Debastos memorial Shield " in honour of the young under 19 player taken tragically may 29 2011 in a MVA.

These two clubs will meet annually, on the back of Toronto Awaba playing Westlakes for the John Beguin Cup in the same system....... great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    I think what Bero have done is a good, perhaps in less than perfect circumstances from the stories that went around ZL1, but in the end guys are playing local football and that is what matters.
    not entirely sure about the less than perfect circumstances...as far as I'm aware the bero junior side was formed by a group of mates that wanted to enjoy their football at their local club and the club was happy to accommodate their needs.

Bloody white ants!!

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    not entirely sure about the less than perfect circumstances...as far as I'm aware the bero junior side was formed by a group of mates that wanted to enjoy their football at their local club and the club was happy to accommodate their needs.
    Then thats great, around the league towards the end of the season it was being said it was less than mutual, which as an outsider to the club seemed a little sad at the time. As I said, if its guys playing being able to continue to have a kick with mates then I think its a great outcome. For them and the juniors.

Then thats great, around the league towards the end of the season it was being said it was less than mutual, which as an outsider to the club seemed a little sad at the time. As I said, if its guys playing being able to continue to have a kick with mates then I think its a great outcome. For them and the juniors.
    fair enough then, as with most player moves in local football it's often not mutual/one party feels they were hard done by, all deoends on who's perspective you get i giess. I'm of the same opinion that it's a great thing that there is another zone league club in bero and a great opportunity to build some friendly rivalries between the clubs in the area when/if they ever get the opportunity to play each other.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/for...1-Thread/page7

Maybe this will go someway to explaining...

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Bloody white ants!!
    new mascot for the new side? haha

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    http://www.newcastlefootball.net/for...1-Thread/page7

Maybe this will go someway to explaining...
    wow...

Think you'll find the sharks are tanambit namwob99