Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Was the simba toronto game called off?

Yes was postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Yes was postponed
    Till when?

Not sure, I think it's simbas call as it was their home game, but I'd imagine this week some time

Any match reports from the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    Any match reports from the weekend?
    Only two games were played. Bero v stocko play tonight. Look on the previous page

Anyone got report for the Mayfield V Cooks Hill Match? How were the conditions pretty wet I imagine?

Simba v Toronto Awaba next Wednesday May 1 at Stephenson Park.

Big week for awaba
    Stockton Sunday
    Simba Wednesday
    Beresfield Saturday

Stockton v Bero

Ressies 3-0 Stockton, Could be a good year for reserve grade, strong team with a few who wouldnt look out of place in firsts

Firsts 2-2, Pen in the last minute for Bero cancelled out earlier pen for Stocko, personally going thru the back to win a header is a bit of a silly rule if you ask me, you can't not go thru the back to win it sometimes, but thats why we have rules to get debatable topics like this. Good set of blokes and will be a great season for Bero.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Stockton v bero reserves 3-0 stocko firsts 2-2.
    Great game in firsts really feel pretty flat about it after that result. Stocko created a really nice goal from the back to finish back stick. We went really flat after that and got a bit surprised being in the lead and looked long rather than playing to feet. Bero then scored when I got caught ball watching from a nod on and I think I'm right in saying "namwob" showed great pace to out run me and keep composure to slide it passed out keeper?? After this we looked to nullify this at the back and switch us backs so that I had the job on the number 9 who held the ball well and we put a quick pesty defender on namwob. Is that right mate? First half was marred by a terrible ref decision in which a bero defender handled the ball clearly so it didn't cross the line. He admitted after that but could have been a game changer with one send off and us going 1 goal up at half time. It wasn't to be and a few yellows later we moved on haha. We pushed hard in the second half and created a few very decent chances and bero did very well to counter and we had to be extremely careful on the break cause they are a quality side in transition. We were then awarded a pen when bero defender slid in from behind and caught our keeper. At 2-1 with 20 mins to go we then defended our hearts out and it sucked that off a corner one of our players pushed a bero player to ground and the ref pointed to the spot. 50/50 ball and we took the pen hard but hopefully didn't complain too much. We were just so disappointed that a tense game came down to that decision and suppose was hard to take with the clear pen in the first half. I'm sure the bero boys would be stoked that got away with a draw and will certainly be pushing for all 3 points come their home ground game. We took it hard almost as a loss but extremely proud of the boys. Just wanna say thanks to the bero boys for a quality game. There was plenty of scrap and hard tackles but no one spat at each other and everyone played the game to great spirits. Quality side too and will be surprised if anyone can match them. Ps this is just my two bob and hopefully haven't offended any bero boys in my analysis. Do not get me wrong u were a quality opposition and your gameplan almost came off. Well done

Namwob showing great pace!! If only you knew how funny that quote was. Lol. I was the one standing on and pacing the sideline bud.

Lucky to get the point, but all in all it was proly a fair result!! Was a good game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Namwob showing great pace!! If only you knew how funny that quote was. Lol. I was the one standing on and pacing the sideline bud.

Lucky to get the point, but all in all it was proly a fair result!! Was a good game to watch.
    Hahaha well I totally got it wrong then. He was ****ing lightning but I think it helped when we switched. Yeh good game probably a good result because it puts the rest of the comp on notice and doesn't put either of us under too much pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Hahaha well I totally got it wrong then. He was ****ing lightning but I think it helped when we switched. Yeh good game probably a good result because it puts the rest of the comp on notice and doesn't put either of us under too much pressure
    told ya im quick Namwob! i think this is a bit over the top though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Neally View Post
    I'm the quick one. Go back to stalking the forum and not posting!!
    Last edited by namwob99; 23-04-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neally View Post
    Haha lie mate I ain't slow and u had me! I think I got caught ball watching tho so u got the jump.. Well that's the story I'm sticking with anyway haha

Nealy you are pedestrian!! At least compared to me. Namwob is quick...to the esky at least. Did Trace play tonight Neally? Still got his Moses hair and beard?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

sprint off next week at training? haha

Quote Originally Posted by supa View Post
    sprint off next week at training? haha
    Well it didn't take you bloody long did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Nealy you are pedestrian!! At least compared to me. Namwob is quick...to the esky at least. Did Trace play tonight Neally? Still got his Moses hair and beard?
    Half way through the first and they turn the lights off on us.

Hahaha That is Neally's specialty.. A lurker of the highest order..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Hahaha That is Neally's specialty.. A lurker of the highest order..
    You know me all too well Bon!