Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    What were they up to this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I've heard send offs for threatening the life of the ref and game getting called 5 mins early haha. I'm still nursing stud marks on the back of my knee from last weeks game against them.
    What a day!! I have honestly never played in a spectacle like that before in my life. Where do I start to explain? To start with there were no referees. No big surprise for anyone really and something that is to be expected in our league. No real issue here. The ressies kicked of right on time and the bloke who was refereeing was from simba and I have no issues with the job he did. Couple of calls that could go either way but that's what you get with any referee. The game itself was a hard fought game with our boys playing some of the more attractive football they have ever played. I was impressed with the end result and the way the game was played.

On to first grade lol

This was where everything went a little awry. We still weren't sure who was going to ref but the bloke who did ressies put his hand up again, I thought this was good...may have been a mis calculation on my part. Simba started with their usual enthusiasm, attacking the ball and pushing hard. I think it only took a few minutes before our right back had received studs to the back of his leg. Wow! Then it kicked off in the centre! All of us here are guilty of fouling a bloke on purpose, even if its just once, when you do it you put your hand up take the punishment and walk off...not these blokes. It was like when they fouled someone they felt they deserved a free kick for it or something? The tension just continued to increase with blokes flying in from behind and going straight through blokes in order to get the ball. When we questioned the referee why it wasn't a foul, it was because they were both playing the ball? On one occasion the ball was at the chest of our right winger and their back came flying through from behind and literally headbutted him in the side of the head whilst nowhere near the ball. Both went down, Simba wanted the free kick and ref awarded a drop ball... It came to a boiling point when for the third time our left back copped studs from the same player who then tried to stand over him yelling at him to get up and stop complaining.

This basically what continued for the entire first half (minus 4 minutes because the ref called it short for some reason) and we just couldn't cope, conceded a couple of goals and went into the sheds rather disheartened...the boys received a bit of a rocket but were given direct instructions not to involve ourselves in their style of play. I think the half time break was exactly what needed.

In the second half we were able to get back to playing our game and the pressure that we were applying was starting to take its toll on Simba. We got one back reasonably early and continued to push. With about 20 mins remaining is when the day turned from a joke into a full blown comedy festival! The ball was crossed into their box and headed by our bloke on back stick back in and their bloke hand ballied it. Ref called a penalty, fair call according to our bloke who headed back in, I personally was behind him and that is also how it appeared from my position. But not according to their player. Yelled screamed and carried on like a muppet, to the point where the referee sent him off. Just let it be known again is is their club referee sending their player off. Well the bloke started marching off, made it about halfway to the sheds and did a big U banger and came sprinting back on the pitch straight towards the referee. One of our boys stuck out an arm as he went past and grabbed him which allowed all their team to come grab him and march him back towards the sideline. Another U bolt and sprinted back towards the ref! They were able to grab him and march him off finally and we were all back our side of halfway. Then surprise surprise he came for another go! This went on for the best part of 5 minutes! Finally got back playing and as can be expected we were pushing forward and looking pretty good for a third and take all the points. Then the tackles started again! To the point that with 11 minutes to play (6 normal and the 5 for the bloke trying to be mike Tyson) the game was called off.

Like I said nothing I've ever played in before. All this time our coach Namwob could probably explain more but i believe was offered the opportunity of having a fight on the sideline lol

It was an unfortunate end to the day and we were just happy to get out without any broken bones, and at least a point that could be seen as the one that could have been. But if the full compliment of time was played we may have needed an ambo to take a couple of the boys home.

Yeh so that was our day... Did everyone else have a good round? Lol

Yeah I got offered a fight by some guy in the crowd.

You also forgot to mention the linesmen spending half the game on the phone and stopping balls before they go out and also the bloke from the crowd playing a perfect through ball for their striker after he thought the ball had gone out.

Also happy to get the draw if it meant we all got out in one piece!!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Yeah I got offered a fight by some guy in the crowd.

You also forgot to mention the linesmen spending half the game on the phone and stopping balls before they go out and also the bloke from the crowd playing a perfect through ball for their striker after he thought the ball had gone out.
    Oh yeh forgot about that! Was a brilliant 1-2 with the bloke who ran on hey!

Na from memory if 60 mins of the game gets played before getting called early then result stands. Someone could help out on that one though

Did you guys out up with the beats getting played on the sideline too? It's like playing in a nightclub. Sounds like a great day for all.... Not. Catch you boys next week for what we hope is a tough but "clean" game haha

Nah no beats both times we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deck View Post
    Mayf ressies got a forfeit.
    Mayf firsts 4 nil. Toronto low on numbers and lost another during the game. Toronto did well to keep it at 4. Would have been a tough afternoon with minimal numbers and Mayf couldn't make the most of all the chances!!
    where are all your players?

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Stockton Sharks ZFL will be holding their 2nd annual Old Boys Day vs Toronto Awaba JFC
    Saturday 10th August 2013 @ Corroba Oval
    All players and affiliates both past and present of Stockton Sharks Soccer in any form over the years are invited along to join us
    Players for the Old Boys Match still required
    Reserve Grade - 12.30pm
    Old Boys Match - 2pm
    First Grade - 3pm
    Refreshments will be available (as well as oxygen tanks for the Old Boys Match) throughout the day
    We also like to invite all Old Boys to join us at our major sponsor the General Washington Hotel afterwards
    Spread the word to any former Sharks and tell them to dig out their boots for the match of the day
    ANY INTERESTED OLD BOYS PLAYERS CALL 0421 233050 OR EMAIL MATT.A.ROLSTON@GMAIL.COM
    Let's hope Trono turn up and play in both grades. It would be a disgrace if old boys day results in forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    got to say the kurri keeper is the best reaction keeper i have seen in a long time , we have 2 very good keepers at stocko , my son is a 1st grade keeper at the terrace BUT no disrespect to the mentioned he is the differenece in score lines.
    If Kurri's keeper is the same guy they have had for years, then he is in a class of his own for this level. Have played against him for years when before they got relegated last season, his shot stopping is absolutely phenomenal! Every time we played Kurri, even if we managed to put 4+ past them, without him we would have been looking a few games possibly in the double figures. Not to mention playing against him last season in a midweek catch-up, middle of winter, 8.00pm kick-off and the maniac is pulling off multiple finger-tip saves without wearing gloves! Now that I think about it, I don't believe I ever saw him wear gloves.

Who wins the minor & major premierships from here? Thoughts

i must get myself to a simba game some time, sounds amazing

Just let it be known again is is their club referee sending their player off

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    If Kurri's keeper is the same guy they have had for years, then he is in a class of his own for this level. Have played against him for years when before they got relegated last season, his shot stopping is absolutely phenomenal! Every time we played Kurri, even if we managed to put 4+ past them, without him we would have been looking a few games possibly in the double figures. Not to mention playing against him last season in a midweek catch-up, middle of winter, 8.00pm kick-off and the maniac is pulling off multiple finger-tip saves without wearing gloves! Now that I think about it, I don't believe I ever saw him wear gloves.
    Can still lay claim to beating him from 30 yards out this year

Pretty sure it dribbled past him and he was unsighted cause of a bunch of players in his way. But still! Go me!

Na he's a freak. Totally saving kurri from conceding 10+ goals each week. Good shit son!

Quote Originally Posted by BB2300 View Post
    Who wins the minor & major premierships from here? Thoughts
    Think that will be much clearer come Saturday evening.

Stockton boys making trek to finnan on Wednesday night ? Bar and BBQ will be open. They may be interested in the result

I might come for a squiz. Have to convince someone else to come for a look. U gonna have numbers?

It's a home game should do

Me and wilso will be wearing yellow and cheering use on lol

Game still on tonight boys? Or did yas get called off?

Game still on, bring a bus load, bar will be operating

Ill bring one extra bloke. Maybe a second haha