Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1248

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Shark attack I will make sure your tyres get stolen of your red ute and fly kick you into the nets

Haha Dennis this is the best post of the season

That was a painfull 2 hours. I have no idea how cooks hill grabbed a draw there. They must have been trying a tactic of not shooting!
    Berro were not great at all. Unusual!

Quote Originally Posted by BB2300 View Post
    That was a painfull 2 hours. I have no idea how cooks hill grabbed a draw there. They must have been trying a tactic of not shooting!
    Agreed

Most of the shots from Berro sailed into the next post-code. Both teams defended well.

I'm way to shagged for a nil all draw. Bring on next week already!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Shark attack I will make sure your tyres get stolen of your red ute and fly kick you into the nets
    Make sure you put the stolen tyres wherever you put the refs wallet and phone from yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BB2300 View Post
    You were just upset no one offered you a beer in the stands! Was a good defensive game, bero had more chances though as you would expect from the best team in the comp. Bero at home will be hard but at least we are pushing them and making a contest out of it.

Reserve Grade : Bero 4 Stockton 1, bero the much better team today, huge ask to get a win from here, but stranger things have happened

Firsts: simba 2 Stockton 0, simba too strong and wanted the ball more, played well even though they were down to 10 men after about 30, Stocko down to 10 men not long after half time to a straight red

Bad day at the office for both teams but full credit to Bero and Simba, wanted it more and got it

PS Super Finish from Stocko reserve grade if I do say so, goalkeeper probably still hasn't seen it, means little at this point in time bit
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Shit day for Stockton

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Reserve Grade : Bero 4 Stockton 1, bero the much better team today, huge ask to get a win from here, but stranger things have happened

Firsts: simba 2 Stockton 0, simba too strong and wanted the ball more, played well even though they were down to 10 men after about 30, Stocko down to 10 men not long after half time to a straight red

Bad day at the office for both teams but full credit to Bero and Simba, wanted it more and got it

PS Super Finish from Stocko reserve grade if I do say so, goalkeeper probably still hasn't seen it, means little at this point in time bit
    Give yaself a wrap. Tough field to play football on. Game was in the balance then some silly decision making from stocko lead to a quality finish from a good striker. Once again is a shame that we get too far ahead of ourselves before the finals even start. Got no one to blame but ourselves. If we keep a clean sheet next week though I can confidently say we will score plenty of goals.

On a positive note. Referee was outstanding. Both send offs were clear and had the balls to treat them on its merit. Almost all calls were correct and well explained.
    Hope more ZL3 games get him in the centre

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Give yaself a wrap. Tough field to play football on. Game was in the balance then some silly decision making from stocko lead to a quality finish from a good striker. Once again is a shame that we get too far ahead of ourselves before the finals even start. Got no one to blame but ourselves. If we keep a clean sheet next week though I can confidently say we will score plenty of goals.

On a positive note. Referee was outstanding. Both send offs were clear and had the balls to treat them on its merit. Almost all calls were correct and well explained.
    Hope more ZL3 games get him in the centre
    Agreed on the ref there mate great to see a ref control a game from the outset. That's how it should be. Those tackles were honkin!. 2 moments of madness will cost those blokes there season.

Week 1

1v4
    Res: Simba V Cooks Hill 1-0
    1sts: Cooks Hill V Bero 0-0

2v3
    Res: Bero V Stocko 4-1
    1sts: Simba V Stocko 2-0

Couple of good days for the Simba boys.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    must be some exhausted Simba lads after playing in two big games over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles7 View Post
    Agreed on the ref there mate great to see a ref control a game from the outset. That's how it should be. Those tackles were honkin!. 2 moments of madness will cost those blokes there season.
    Totally agree. I honestly don't understand why there aren't more refs like this about.

And there must be some exhausted simba/broady/hamo/whoknowswhere blokes around haha na there are some great players there. I might get slaughtered for this comment but I'm honestly quite sick of people thinking that there is only two teams in this comp. this weekend has clearly shown anyone can win it. Ill be the first to say that we have been very guilty of this

We had our chances!
    Simba took theirs and walk away with the upper hand.
    Thanks to ash for the very sore foot! Shit tackle deserved a red. In saying that our red was much worse.
    That was a tough day at the office. I was always worried about simba. Never know what team your going to get.
    Full credit to them.
    Last edited by BB2300; 01-09-2013 at 10:19 PM.

From the finals this week:
    Sat
    Stockton 2 - Beresfield 2 (Bero 6-3 agg)
    Stockton 3 - Simba 2 ? (Simba 4-3 agg)

Sun
    Cooks hill 1 - Simba 1 (Simba 2-1 agg)
    Beresfield 3 - cooks hill 1 (Beresfield 3-1 agg)

This makes the grand finals an all Bero v Simba affair should be a very interesting day at cooks square next Saturday.

Would just like to congratulate all teams that made the finals this year, was able to watch all finals games and most were played in good spirit and were good hard matches. Most importantly, I would also like to congratulate my boys on their efforts throughout the year and the results have shown with both firsts and reserve grade through to the big one!
    It has really shown that anything can happen in the finals with reserve grade being fought between 3rd and 4th, whilst first grade is 1st v 3rd.

Well done boys. Good luck next week! Good that we got a win in the end but did feel bitter sweet after not making the big one. Was a decent crowd too so thanks to all for showing up

Anyone else having probs getting this thing working properly on smartphone? It's doing my head in!