Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

lol i love watching the whole we have 'NBN and NEWFM' players this year talk.

Shut up and focus on league 3 talk or this is end up like foz v1

Will be interesting to see how these new teams go, I'd imagine they'd fit right in tbh. I hope they like the Dungog road trip, very boozy from memory
    Jaliens gives me the horn

I would've thought that was talking about ZL3. MUS doing a good job of sledging by the looks of ya response. Lol

yeah im confident it was related to a ZL3??? I just remember the exact same talk this time last year. I dont see the point of constently bragging about 'nbn' players coming in. Just because someone hasn't played nbn or newfm doesn't mean they arnt just as good!
    The exact same people talked like this last year and i failed to see 'nbn' quality players in their team?
    Makes for a crap read, seeing that on here everytime. You said it once and thats plenty enough for now.
    so id much prefer to here how new teams are finding the start up, what trials are happening and talk on how teams will go this year!

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    yeah im confident it was related to a ZL3??? I just remember the exact same talk this time last year. I dont see the point of constently bragging about 'nbn' players coming in. Just because someone hasn't played nbn or newfm doesn't mean they arnt just as good!
    The exact same people talked like this last year and i failed to see 'nbn' quality players in their team?
    Makes for a crap read, seeing that on here everytime. You said it once and thats plenty enough for now.
    so id much prefer to here how new teams are finding the start up, what trials are happening and talk on how teams will go this year!
    Good idea mate

Toronto Awaba ID3

Made up of mostly young blokes and early twenty year olds, that either wont play for the other club down the road, or dont have time to commit at that level due to university and work commitments.

Some trials lined up and very ecxited about are :

JOHN BEGUIN SHIELD

This is going to be played annually between Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2, bringing back what use to be called in the early days the " kill a cat " day, all in good fun back then.

John was a big influence on alot of the young boys at Toronto Awaba ID3 before he tragically passed too young towards the end of last year.

A full day is planned with

Toronto Awaba O35 ( Toads ) v Westlakes O35
    Toronto Awaba O35 ( Slugs ) v West Wallsend
    Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 Reserves
    Totrnto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 First Grade ( John Beguin Shield )

March 9 @ Finnan Oval

Mikhail deBastos Memorial Shield

Similar to above, we will be playing Morissett ID1 on a annual basis for this shield.

"Macca " was taken tragically in a MVA in May 2011 while signed with Toronto Awaba Stags.

There will be three games on this day.

11am
    1pm
    3pm ( Mikhail Debastos Shield )

Dora Creek Oval
    April 7
    Last edited by Youaskedforit; 21-01-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shark attack View Post
    stockton sharks will holding a pre season comp at caroba oval this year which is all but confirmed between medowie , nelson bay and raymond terrace , dates will follow shortly which will be held on tuesday and thursday nights for 1st grade only. this will be called the north of the harbour cup and hopefully will run for years to come.
    Stockton should dominate that cup with 10 players from nbn , newfm and zpl

No one really Gives a SH!t

Quote Originally Posted by Beldo View Post
    No one really Gives a SH!t
    Nice first post.
    STOCKO BOY

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    Talking about acquired players from other grades makes for interesting talk. Creates a bit more interest even if not much on the park.

Besides anyone with manu as a username wont get much respect in these parts. I say ban

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Stockton should dominate that cup with 10 players from nbn , newfm and zpl
    who are these 10 players

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Good idea mate

Toronto Awaba ID3

Made up of mostly young blokes and early twenty year olds, that either wont play for the other club down the road, or dont have time to commit at that level due to university and work commitments.

Some trials lined up and very ecxited about are :

JOHN BEGUIN SHIELD

This is going to be played annually between Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2, bringing back what use to be called in the early days the " kill a cat " day, all in good fun back then.

John was a big influence on alot of the young boys at Toronto Awaba ID3 before he tragically passed too young towards the end of last year.

A full day is planned with

Toronto Awaba O35 ( Toads ) v Westlakes O35
    Toronto Awaba O35 ( Slugs ) v West Wallsend
    Toronto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 Reserves
    Totrnto Awaba ID3 V Westlakes ID2 First Grade ( John Beguin Shield )

March 9 @ Finnan Oval

Mikhail deBastos Memorial Shield

Similar to above, we will be playing Morissett ID1 on a annual basis for this shield.

"Macca " was taken tragically in a MVA in May 2011 while signed with Toronto Awaba Stags.

There will be three games on this day.

11am
    1pm
    3pm ( Mikhail Debastos Shield )

Dora Creek Oval
    April 7
    Keen for these days, awesome work by those behind it
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Keen for these days, awesome work by those behind it
    Thanks mate, Patrick Viera been a huge help as well

Anyone interested need, four or five players to fill our squad ... inbox me or phone 0425297257

Toronto Awaba now have a few spots to fill in there ZL3 squad if anyone interested joining this inaugural club.

Training tomorrow night 6.15pm

Finnan Oval

stockton v olympic reserve grade 6 - 1 olympic
    stockton blooded many new young guys today and it showed , good to see the boys never gave up , olympic played very well and deserve there win.
    stockton v olympic 1st 2 - 2
    quiet a good game from both considering a first hit out , a fair result in the end , olympic will be there again this year , have picked some good speed up front.

any truth to the rumours that olympic have picked up harry james & pulled mat austin out of retirement?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    any truth to the rumours that olympic have picked up harry james & pulled mat austin out of retirement?
    Mat Austin is traveling around Australia from Mid April for 6 months so he is not playing this season

Have heard Harry James is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    hi pv4 not sure who harry james is , olympic had a big guy at the back ( didnt play last year ) , either he had a really good game or he is the real deal.
    i think olympic were more supprised to see who is playing for stockton this year , geoff goninan , olympic state league 2 years ago , so im led to beleive olympic have been chasing him big time to no avail.

TORONTO AWABA Inter District 3

Require players for upcoming season, if your busy with uni and work commitments, come have a run with us, training one night a week only and looking for a few more players to fill our squad.

PM me or come to training Wednesday nights 6.15pm at Finnan Oval

Cheers

Thornton 2 Toronto Awaba ID3 0 , good effort from the boys , first real trial for their year ....