Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1248

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Well done boys!

Quote Originally Posted by keeper20 View Post
    thanks manu!!was a great feeling when they said premiers grand final winners and then club championship!alot of hard work was done!! many thanks to neally and bowman they derserve alot of credit i know all the bero boys are thankful!

bero reserves bit unlucky 10 on the field due to the bero captian having some blood on his leg when simba scored to make it 2-2 with about 5-10mins to then to pens!

1st grade i cant really recall to many shots being had some great last ditch tackles by both teams though!!simba keeper tipped a shot onto the bar at the end of extra time!!!

now onto something else the ref gave bero a freekick just outside the 18 right on half time,while simba organising there wall he blew for half time cant say us bero boys were to pleased but then again at the end of normal time simba crossed it into the box for him to blow the whistle to end normal time!!cant say in all my time playing i have seen a ref do this!
    do you guys have injury time? if not then the ref needs to blow the whistle as soon as he hears his watch regardless of where the ball is.
    if you do play injury time, the ref should use common sense and wait to the ball is cleared out of attacking opportunitys.

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/st...sfield/?cs=172

Not a bad write up in the local rag.

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/st...sfield/?cs=172

Not a bad write up in the local rag.

Great to see any coverage but that is top shelf, fat better than the brief coverage many higher leagues can only hope to receive even in local papers

dudley id3

Just confirming rumours, That Dudley Redhead will enter a team in the ID3 competition for the 2014 season. The team will play under the Dudley Redhead United banner ( previously known as the Dudley Redhead Junior Soccer Club).

Organisers approached both the Senior club and United club for interest. The Senior Club currently play in the Zone Premier League, They had Interest from the majority of board members. But one or two on board had unrealistic expectations which made the decision easy. The United club were extreamly positive and this will be seen as a setup which will be around for many years.

The squad will play all home games at the Liles Oval complex at Redhead. At the moment we are looking to play most games on saturdays, But we will wait for the draft draw to come out before making definate decisions. Our application has already been sent into the association, so we are getting ready to go.

So far we are well advanced in filling the required numbers for the squad. Which is great considering we havnt actively searched for players in any great way. Squad will be a mixture of ability and ages. We have watched a little bit of ID3s from this season, We dont expect to be a front runner at all. But we hope that we will be competitive. If we can be in contention for a semi spot in any grade we will be happy. Teams like Stockton, Simba and Cooks Hill may be beyond our squad. But if we can take points and match the rest then we will be happy.

Reading this forum over the last few months has given us a taste of what to expect and given us some tips on how to run the squad
    Bring on season 2014

I know a guy involved in RAAF soccer club. They are currently trying to get numbers together to join id3s next year.

If the rumours of wallsend or bellbird are correct, one of which along with dudley and raaf could lead to a 10 team comp.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    If the rumours of wallsend or bellbird are correct, one of which along with dudley and raaf could lead to a 10 team comp.
    Bellbird probably won't be ready for next year from what I've been told
    OK

I know a guy involved in RAAF soccer club. They are currently trying to get numbers together to join id3s next year.
    'Trying' to get numbers? so can they expect another Toronto next year?
    When do they announce who is going up and staying?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    nomination forms for Zone Football Leagues had to be in by yesterday

so it shouldn't be too long, but that may change like it did at the start of this year with clubs dropping out

RAAF is in, so im told. RAAF is a bit more complicated then other teams as every year they have players leave and arrive at base. Bit unfair at this stage to compare them with other teams. Hopefully they ,along with toronto should be sweet.

RAAF is in, so im told. RAAF is a bit more complicated then other teams as every year they have players leave and arrive at base. Bit unfair at this stage to compare them with other teams. Hopefully they ,along with toronto should be sweet.
    To be fair, people come & go from neighbourhoods/teams each year also. But I get what you're saying. Hopefully RAAF are competitive and have a bit of fun!

Will the RAAF teams be made up solely from people involved in the RAAF, or will they take friends-of-friends who aren't enlisted also?
    OK

an email went out to all zone clubs about the meeting on Wednesday - RAAF were not on email recipients

RAAF made up mostly of guys from base, a couple of guys that play arnt current members of force so im aware of. Defineatly in, dusty home ground. We have played trials against them over the past 3 years, good bunch of blokes never any issues.

So Teams are definitely set for 2014:
    Mayfield
    Dungog
    Tenambit
    Simba
    Cooks Hill
    Raaf
    Dudley
    Toronto
    Kurri Kurri

???

9 team comp. Would have been good to have a 10th team. You would think clubs with plenty of alll age teams would have a crack at id's. Clubs like Cardiff juniors, hamilton azzurri and argenton to name a few.

agree with anfield

also, i'll post the 2014 draw up here once I get a functional home computer

Also as discussed at zone league meeting last month. It would be good if zone league games got priority over all age games in regards to referees. Next year will be our first in id3's, we wanted to give our players the experience of playing senior football in a squad. There is some good referees that referee all age. I would be good to see them referee both. Why not program an all age game before id2 & id3 games where possible. 3 officials could then cover those games, therefore covering both competitions.

Also as discussed at zone league meeting last month. It would be good if zone league games got priority over all age games in regards to referees. Next year will be our first in id3's, we wanted to give our players the experience of playing senior football in a squad. There is some good referees that referee all age. I would be good to see them referee both. Why not program an all age game before id2 & id3 games where possible. 3 officials could then cover those games, therefore covering both competitions.
    Wrt the refs, I may be wrong, but I believe that they don't like having Level 4 referees ref ZLs, which the majority of refs in all age are. I believe they require level 3 as a minimum, of which there isn't as many of.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    To be fair, people come & go from neighbourhoods/teams each year also. But I get what you're saying. Hopefully RAAF are competitive and have a bit of fun!

Will the RAAF teams be made up solely from people involved in the RAAF, or will they take friends-of-friends who aren't enlisted also?
    Decent team, will surprise
    Jaliens gives me the horn