Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The curse of zads lads/topors poopers

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

The curse of zads lads/topors poopers

Every player you pick turns to shit. Topor got more rubbish after ur group. Now zad has turned into a steaming pile of poo.

Change ur name to gallaways gays atleast he's already shit

Yep, going like a busted ass this season.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I still think baz's original idea to name them after Taggart would have been more appropriate

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Taggarts faggots have lots of heavies

In fairness Zads has always been shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Porett View Post
    lolwat
    OK

Gotta love when people speak the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    hence why no one loved that comment
    OK

It's easy to throw out a comment like that, but can you tell us why you think he is? I agree he hasn't had a good season so far, but he has provided alot of energy over the past 2 years, flexibility to play a number of positions and has got in there to break up play well.

the thing i like about zadkid, and he had one specific moment of it yesterday, is he was played the ball in the middle with two dudes surrounding him, he lost it (like i imagine anyone else bar adp would have in this league) and wellington moved forwards with the ball. but, zad literally sprinted to chase the ball down with fire in his eyes, and created a 2-on-1 defensive situation with neville on the sideline. i think neville won the ball back, and it was cleared forwards, and then zads started running towards where the ball had gone.

it goes back to the early days of football training when a coach would tell you "if you lose the ball, run your guts out for 5 seconds to win it back". simple stuff, that the likes of brown, kanta, virgilli, etc seem to have no motivation to even attempt.

before you start typing a reply to this, just note that i have not, nor ever have, said that zadkid is perfect & retains possession at every time he should/could. because i don't feel he is that perfect. but i love his attitude. maybe that's why he's off his game - he's surrounded by blokes who seemingly don't give a flying fxxx about losing the ball (which, in the likes or brown & virgilli, is a massive amount of times per game).

but if this was a conversation about kanta, bk, etc - i'd probably be calling for their head. so, cool story bro
    OK

zad's the new elrich

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    the thing i like about zadkid, and he had one specific moment of it yesterday, is he was played the ball in the middle with two dudes surrounding him, he lost it (like i imagine anyone else bar adp would have in this league) and wellington moved forwards with the ball. but, zad literally sprinted to chase the ball down with fire in his eyes, and created a 2-on-1 defensive situation with neville on the sideline. i think neville won the ball back, and it was cleared forwards, and then zads started running towards where the ball had gone.

it goes back to the early days of football training when a coach would tell you "if you lose the ball, run your guts out for 5 seconds to win it back". simple stuff, that the likes of brown, kanta, virgilli, etc seem to have no motivation to even attempt.

before you start typing a reply to this, just note that i have not, nor ever have, said that zadkid is perfect & retains possession at every time he should/could. because i don't feel he is that perfect. but i love his attitude. maybe that's why he's off his game - he's surrounded by blokes who seemingly don't give a flying fxxx about losing the ball (which, in the likes or brown & virgilli, is a massive amount of times per game).

but if this was a conversation about kanta, bk, etc - i'd probably be calling for their head. so, cool story bro

He always shows mountains of energy to win the ball back... yes!
    Reason - because he loses the ball that much its not funny! (and yes i did watch every jets player lose the ball consistantly yesterday, so i know they were all shit)

I have just never been a fan of his, a lot of other peoples opinions now coming out since he has been playing pretty terribly (even for his standards).

Saying that i know what it is like to like a player and everyone tell you he is shit... so keep on telling everyone how great he is, atleast you get a laugh out of their reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    zad's the new elrich
    Agreed!! Both have honking touches, both can't pass and just run around like very energetic puppy dogs!!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Agreed!! Both have honking touches, both can't pass and just run around like very energetic puppy dogs!!
    This.
    End Thread.
    Close the Internetz.

atleast you get a laugh out of their reactions.
    this bit is about the best part of this thread.

imho you're all fools for thinking zad isn't one of the integral parts of our squad. yes, he's going through a bad patch of form. so is half our team though.

i'd love to see you guys's opinion on what went wrong in our midfield if we want 5 games of dropping zad. i imagine it'd be along the lines of "our midfield is too soft, no one harasses the opposition, we were overrun, no one wants to get in to tackle, we have no support for our attack from midfield, we have no support for our defence from midfield, [insert midfielders name here] let his man cruise into the box for a free header". aka what happened last year when we had to put zad at right back.

if you hate zadkid purely based on his personality, kindly make your way into the cove with your friends and leave us alone.
    OK

Who here said they hate him due to his personality?

Personally I think the real problem at the moment is the over-reliance on James Brown to be that creative player and his poor form since coming back from injury.
    He really has not influenced the game much at all and he is playing in a pivotal position.
    I still think at the moment Ryu is the man that should be in behind heskey, either that or give ribero a run there from the start. It's a pity goodwin is injured because it means Ryu has to be played out wide really (unless you trust taggart out there).

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Who here said they hate him due to his personality?

Personally I think the real problem at the moment is the over-reliance on James Brown to be that creative player and his poor form since coming back from injury.
    He really has not influenced the game much at all and he is playing in a pivotal position.

I still think at the moment Ryu is the man that should be in behind heskey, either that or give ribero a run there from the start. It's a pity goodwin is injured because it means Ryu has to be played out wide really (unless you trust taggart out there).
    This is exactly what I've been thinking. Brown is not a creative player, he's a forward with good pace and a good goalscorer. His shitness has been letting us down big time in the last couple of matches.

Tbh, i've never been a huge fan of Zadkovich. However, last year he was one of our most important with his energy, attitude and intensity. Though, recently, he hasn't been up to scratch. I would't be opposed to seeing him dropped to the bench/week off/run in youth to give him a wake-up call, re-energise mentally or get some confidence back, respectively. Just a week off from 90 minutes of football. If we shred, stick with the inform squad, if not, bring him back in and hope that he can recapture his form.
    Same goes for Brown, Tiago + Mitchell (not together though). I would rather see some players used that haven't had a chance to perform yet. I'd like to see Chapman, Ribeiro and maybe even Hoole, Bradberry, Pepper, Regan given a couple of minutes..

Also, I haven't really noticed this previously. But why on earth are there only 4 bench spots? NBN State League has 5 bench spots. 4 Bench spots is a backwards step for the A-league in my opinion. Make it, 5-6. Put a couple of youth on the bench, give them a run if game situation warrants it. 4 bench spots is a rout. 1 for keeper. 1 striker, 1 mid, and a utility-esque player. I recall an article being posted that said, FFA were considering it, but they'd have to increase the squad size.... why? Just means 2 people are sitting on the bench, instead of in the stands.

Relying on energy and enthusiasm is so season 2008.
    We've moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Also, I haven't really noticed this previously. But why on earth are there only 4 bench spots? NBN State League has 5 bench spots. 4 Bench spots is a backwards step for the A-league in my opinion. Make it, 5-6. Put a couple of youth on the bench, give them a run if game situation warrants it. 4 bench spots is a rout. 1 for keeper. 1 striker, 1 mid, and a utility-esque player. I recall an article being posted that said, FFA were considering it, but they'd have to increase the squad size.... why? Just means 2 people are sitting on the bench, instead of in the stands.
    The reason I've seen given is the cost. If you increase the bench size to 7, that's 3 extra players teams need to pay travel, accomodation etc. Multiplied across the whole league for a full season and it would not be an insignificant amount. At the end of the day 4 players have to miss out on match time anyway.

Still, I think it is a sign of supreme peasantry if the league can't afford this, especially given the fact that the youth league exists.