Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Newy is Tiago - 2nd Edition

Cool How Newy is Tiago - 2nd Edition

Post your appreciation of his antics here.

the master of fifa fair play
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

would like to know if he can throw one...still back mehmet
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

tiago.jpg

Ref's a wanker...

Smart thinking as well to get Neville (I think) to drag himself back into the field of play to slow the game down.

Tiago has some good qualities but for me his negatives are just too much of a liability to the team. Once again (like last season) a reckless challenge of his led to a free-kick and a goal. Also the faking of injuries in order to waste time is a blight on our game....it's not a good look. The culture that GVE is seemingly trying to build at this club seems to be at odds with Tiago's whole style not only in the way he plays but in the way he conducts himself on the field.

I think you'll find most people who aren't Sydney supporters would argue that Free Kick should never have been given. Tiago moved his body in an un-natural way to actually avoid making contact with Del Piero and ONLY win the ball.

I actually think Tiago had his finest game for us yesterday. Absolutely everywhere when he needed to be. Looking forward to he and Mitchell striking up a tight central pairing as the season continues.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Tiago has some good qualities but for me his negatives are just too much of a liability to the team. Once again (like last season) a reckless challenge of his led to a free-kick and a goal. Also the faking of injuries in order to waste time is a blight on our game....it's not a good look. The culture that GVE is seemingly trying to build at this club seems to be at odds with Tiago's whole style not only in the way he plays but in the way he conducts himself on the field.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    This
    Does that mean you agree or disagree Fisho?

Agree.
    Though I think GVE secretly loves having a "win at all costs" type on the field.

didn't someone chuck a water bottle at him from the crowd, which he then proceeded to drink?

ledge

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    didn't someone chuck a water bottle at him from the crowd, which he then proceeded to drink?

ledge
    Can confirm - hops off his chariot/ stretcher, trots over to the intended missile and proceeds to neck it whilst jogging along the sideline.

a reckless challenge of his led to a free-kick and a goal.
    i absolutely love tiago, so won't bother arguing with the majority of your post because i don't agree with most of it, but solely talking about that challenge last night - to me it wasn't even a foul, let alone a yellow and a freekick in a dangerous position. the ref had good & bad moments for both teams last night, and that particular challenge was a definite shocker. also how was it in the second half (?) sydney did a huge tackle on us & play was waved on, then in a matter of a minute or two we did exactly the same challenge on sydney & [mcclenahan?] went down like a sack and i think we got a yellow. adp, and sydney, were and are massively protected by referees.

also, tiago seems to unfairly have a target on his back by referees that says any challenge he does is a foul, regardless of if it is or not. it's bias refereeing against individuals, which doesn't speak that tiago is a liability as much as it speaks that the quality of reffing in the hal is hideous.
    OK

Are you talking about a different tackle?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    is that a euphemism?

I agree with you stopper2.

We as a game are starting to get a lot more positive media coverage. In what was billed as one of the biggest games of the round, probably of the year, and with a lot of neutrals watching who think "soccer" is full of "pansies and actors" is Tiago's behaviour (re: stretchered off and jumping off) what we want them seeing?

I had a laugh of it when it happened, even said if he wasn't on our team I would be pissed with the way he was behaving, but looking back its not what we want to do to attract more people to the sport.

Don't get me wrong, he played in the rules and did what he thought he had to do to get the result - it just doesn't sit well with me. He certainly had a good game otherwise and thought the yellow card was a pretty tough call.

Finally, picking up the water bottle was very funny...

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

ledge
    I missed this at the time, far out

ledge for sure

I am most probably wrong (I frequently am) but now, if the stretcher comes out doesn't the injured party have to ride it off the field whether they want to or not?

Sif Sydney wouldn't have wasted time if they were up 3-2. Refs the one in charge of adding time on.

"Don't hate tha playa, hate tha game".

Love Tiago.