Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The curse of zads lads/topors poopers

now that the tv deal is in place, and clubs aren't forking out for the salary cap, I daresay the league will/should look at increasing the bench space as the cost burden isn't as great anymore
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    It's easy to throw out a comment like that, but can you tell us why you think he is? I agree he hasn't had a good season so far, but he has provided alot of energy over the past 2 years, flexibility to play a number of positions and has got in there to break up play well.
    He has a unique ability to give the ball away. In a team that plans to play possession based football he is a liability. He is prone to making rash decisions, in that he is a red card liability.

I think if you aspire to play at the top level of football you need to be bringing more to the table than just " energy ". If all you want from your players is just raw enthusiasm then why not just pick 11 people from the crowd and save tinks some cash each week.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    The reason I've seen given is the cost. If you increase the bench size to 7, that's 3 extra players teams need to pay travel, accomodation etc. Multiplied across the whole league for a full season and it would not be an insignificant amount. At the end of the day 4 players have to miss out on match time anyway.

Still, I think it is a sign of supreme peasantry if the league can't afford this, especially given the fact that the youth league exists.
    Easily fixed, minimum bench of 4, with a max of 7, if the clubs want the options and coach want the extra players then they'll pay the costs and do it, if your the mariners & you already need to dock players for team lunches nothing changes.

I'd imagine teams would be taking surplus players anyway? I can't see many teams travelling with 15 players only. An injury in the warm-up, virus or something, and they are in all sorts. Regardless, I think bench size should be increased. We have the same bench space as under 12s.... Just add an extra 1 or 2 spots. I agree with Pico, make it an option. E.g you don't NEED to fill the spaces, but there is room for ___ extra players if wanted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    The reason I've seen given is the cost. If you increase the bench size to 7, that's 3 extra players teams need to pay travel, accomodation etc. Multiplied across the whole league for a full season and it would not be an insignificant amount. At the end of the day 4 players have to miss out on match time anyway.

Still, I think it is a sign of supreme peasantry if the league can't afford this, especially given the fact that the youth league exists.
    Simple solution firing Deans will free up the cash to fund the extra 3 players we need to chauffer around the country and put up overnight in a hotel. You know it makes sense.

Also now we are in the money with the new TV deal and we are solving the worlds problems can we do something about these Poor White trash chairs (AKA Bunnings special for $7.99 each) we have on the sidelines. FFS whatever happened to the old benches we use to have at Stade de Newy in the Newy Utd days in the NSL?? Remember Blue trim and clear perspex and proper football benches not the shite we see nowaday

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Simple solution firing Deans will free up the cash to fund the extra 3 players we need to chauffer around the country and put up overnight in a hotel. You know it makes sense.

Also now we are in the money with the new TV deal and we are solving the worlds problems can we do something about these Poor White trash chairs (AKA Bunnings special for $7.99 each) we have on the sidelines. FFS whatever happened to the old benches we use to have at Stade de Newy in the Newy Utd days in the NSL?? Remember Blue trim and clear perspex and proper football benches not the shite we see nowaday
    If I recall correctly, Con bought them from Olympic Park following the Olympics. So, Cons probably sold them at Parklea Markets by now..

what I dont get is say for example Aami stadium, brand new and has PROPER dugout section, yet they dont use it... why not?

It looks so backwards, pretty sure only country that does this..
    Amigos Aarau

Galloway's Goons

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    what I dont get is say for example Aami stadium, brand new and has PROPER dugout section, yet they dont use it... why not?

It looks so backwards, pretty sure only country that does this..
    advertising around the technical area isn't as prominent.

back to topic.. tis a curse.. dislike dislike..
    Amigos Aarau

Browns cows

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Didn't Kosmina break em at one stage?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Relying on energy and enthusiasm is so season 2008.
    We've moved on.
    GVE hasnt moved on - he admits it himself

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    back to topic.. tis a curse.. dislike dislike..
    Thank you. This is the main issue, that these hooligans are ruining players