Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NEW FM League Thread

Lol, 23s Maitland 10-1 against stags.

Toronto vs Maitland

1sts: 1-1. Probably a fair result. Atrocious conditions definitly affected the quality of the match. Pretty open match and can't help but feel there could of been 4 or 5 goals scored if it was better conditions.

23s: 1-10 Maitland. Honestly could of been more. Maitland were up 8-1 at half time so fair play to Toronto for putting up a fight in the second half. Half of the maitland side were under 19s backing up so good to see them scoring goals.

19s: 1-2 Maitland. Pretty tight match. Maitland took the lead after five minutes through a penalty and continued to push until half time. Just after te break Toronto scored an equalizer through a deflection. Game became pretty open and maitland scored of a goalmouth scramble with about 10 to go to get the win.

The two sides meet again mid-week.

Quote Originally Posted by david silva View Post
    Toronto vs Maitland

1sts: 1-1. Probably a fair result. Atrocious conditions definitly affected the quality of the match. Pretty open match and can't help but feel there could of been 4 or 5 goals scored if it was better conditions.

23s: 1-10 Maitland. Honestly could of been more. Maitland were up 8-1 at half time so fair play to Toronto for putting up a fight in the second half. Half of the maitland side were under 19s backing up so good to see them scoring goals.

19s: 1-2 Maitland. Pretty tight match. Maitland took the lead after five minutes through a penalty and continued to push until half time. Just after te break Toronto scored an equalizer through a deflection. Game became pretty open and maitland scored of a goalmouth scramble with about 10 to go to get the win.

The two sides meet again mid-week.
    8-1 half time, I'd hate to be in stags dressing room.

feel sorry for toronto...they really need a better junior development program and then keep their better players
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    feel sorry for toronto...they really need a better junior development program and then keep their better players
    5 of the starting eleven for the stags 23's were 19's players backing up. Four of those players played full games for 19's. There were also three 19's players on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    5 of the starting eleven for the stags 23's were 19's players backing up. Four of those players played full games for 19's. There were also three 19's players on the bench.
    I retract my comment of mocking the stags earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    8-1 half time, I'd hate to be in stags dressing room.
    Especially when one bloke, ( not the head coach ) is coaching all three grades on game day ?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Especially when one bloke, ( not the head coach ) is coaching all three grades on game day ?
    Pretty sure thats temporary since their head coach is under suspension..?

What does everyone think of the idea of instead of just being promoted because first grade won the minor prem.
    Promotion should be on combining all three grades points together. Who ever is up on top at the end of regular season earns the promotion.

What does everyone think of the idea of instead of just being promoted because first grade won the minor prem.
    Promotion should be on combining all three grades points together. Who ever is up on top at the end of regular season earns the promotion.
    I don't mind this idea tbh. I think a weighted (e.g first grade win = 10, 23s = 6, 19s = 4, 17s =2 for a win) club championship esque, would be the way to go, to determine relegation promotion. But there are a lot of issues that could crop up, such as players playing down a grade and the fact that there's a lot of pressure put onto unpaid, young players in the lower grades.

first grade is all that matters - otherwise you put too much importance on lesser grades & hold players back. winning a first grade comp in any league requires some form of depth in your club.

ridiculous idea.
    OK

where does this leave club development, clubs would forget about this and have a win at all costs attitude in the younger grades, silly idea

Stags vs Maitland called off again tonight, for the third time!

Maitland Council get your shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    If their 19's 17's and 15's all stick together for the next few years.There will be a bright future at stags. possibly even promotion.

If their 19's 17's and 15's all stick together for the next few years.There will be a bright future at stags. possibly even promotion.
    With what theory do you summise this ?

15s are going well, but please dont be disillusioned by the fact they are in A grade, as its not, the U15 Elite comp is A grade, Toronto would get smashed in 15s elite.

17s are going well, but please dont be disillusioned by the fact they are in A grade, as its not, the U17 Colts comp is A grade, Toronto would get smashed in 17s colts.

19s are not in the top four, and from what i hear, theyre all looking elsewhere anyway.

Just bursting bubbles, maybe NNSW should call these comps B grade, so kids dont get there hopes up. Good luck to them, but im from magic, and i know what standard these comps are.
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 27-07-2012 at 11:37 AM.

They have a good bunch of prospects but it will take a few years.The problem at Toronto is that they have a senior coach who shows no respect to anyone-his players,club officials and game officials.To hear the language and comments made by him it is a wonder that there is anyone left at the club.Several coaches and officials have left the club solely due to this person.There is not a lot wrong that a new coach and maybe getting rid of a few committee people who have been responsible for continuing to support this person longterm wouldnt fix.
    And NO-I do not have any connection with Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    With what theory do you summise this ?

15s are going well, but please dont be disillusioned by the fact they are in A grade, as its not, the U15 Elite comp is A grade, Toronto would get smashed in 15s elite.

17s are going well, but please dont be disillusioned by the fact they are in A grade, as its not, the U17 Colts comp is A grade, Toronto would get smashed in 17s colts.

19s are not in the top four, and from what i hear, theyre all looking elsewhere anyway.
    Just bursting bubbles, maybe NNSW should call these comps B grade, so kids dont get there hopes up. Good luck to them, but im from magic, and i know what standard these comps are.

Not gunna lie, yes they are out of the top 4. Although Im not part of the club my friends son plays for them and they have had a very disruptive season IE with their whole back line being promoted into higher grades every second week due to lack of attendence and players in the senior team. so they haven't really had a chance to gel together. not to mention their average age is about 16/17? so they haven't developed that physical strength other "older" teams have.

ffs

let's stop talking about toronto on the foz from now on, and maybe the local foz will stay open forever.

we get it - there's players there, there's coaches there, no one ever on the foz has anything to do with them but knows every single detail of the clubs going-ons, etc.

leave it please
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    ffs

let's stop talking about toronto on the foz from now on, and maybe the local foz will stay open forever.

we get it - there's players there, there's coaches there, no one ever on the foz has anything to do with them but knows every single detail of the clubs going-ons, etc.

leave it please
    +1 pv4

And look what time he had to get up to say this!!

Singleton 0 - Lambton 5 was a very dull boring game with what looked like lambton not even getting into 1st gear they cruised along and came away with an easy result 2 own goals helping along the way aswell. Lambtons goalie i think touching the ball twice and a couple of goal kicks.
    Reserve grade nocked up there 100th goal for the season
    result was 4-2 according to score board
    and u19s' 3-0 according to score board
    cheers