Page 145 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 3041

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

  1. #2881
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    good luck getting back to sleep after that

    very, very, very lucky to play Wolves during this fixture log jam, they'd have taken points otherwise
    You go to Molineux in a few weeks time - now that will be tough.

    BTW - can we change the title of this thread to L-I-V-A-R-P-Double O-L Livarpool FC?

    Last edited by Jetmaster; 30-12-2019 at 12:21 PM.

  2. #2882
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,601
    Wolves unlucky not to get a point. I’d feel aggrieved with their goal being disallowed for offside.
    Though, we have had a closer one or two disallowed for the same thing.

    Though Liverpool had to work hard for that but played better for me in a scrappy game. Deserved 1 or 3 points overall imo. Draw would’ve been fair.


    VAR had a huge effect on this game. But it was interesting to see live how volatile the crowd was on both sides.
    First VAR: wolves supporters chanting “this isn’t football anymore” to applause from Liverpool supporters. Sure we celebrated a goal, as we should have been able to do in the first instance. No problem with this one.

    The dissent from players. The dissent from players and coaches surrounding VAR is an absolute joke. Warranted as their frustrations are high. But how can you not card 1 of the 10 players screaming at you. Common sense prevails though.

    The emotion when wolves “scored” and the player celebrated. Literally could hear a pin drop and as a LFC fan the celebration had its desired effect. And if not overturned, I think the crowd would have really responded and booed him every. Great celebration. And VAR did ruin this moment.

    To be fair, Liverpool never argued the second. They picked the ball up and went to halfway and were waiting for them to finish celebrating to kick off.

    Overall a draw maybe a fair result given the circumstances. But I think VAR actually spurred a tired wolves on with more determination and anger. They were a far more difficult team post VAR interventions.
    Resting Jimenez, Traore, Doherty etc they didn’t expect to win this or come close imo.

  3. #2883
    Occasional Podcaster furns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Branxton
    Posts
    4,787
    Wolves gave us one of the best defensive performances from an opposing team we've faced so far. Would have settled for a draw. Stoked with the win though.
    And can we f*ck of with this LiVARpool rubbish, its screwing with everyone.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

  4. #2884
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Wolves gave us one of the best defensive performances from an opposing team we've faced so far. Would have settled for a draw. Stoked with the win though.
    And can we f*ck of with this LiVARpool rubbish, its screwing with everyone.
    Nope. I've already been into Bon reminding him that the only reason you're going to win the league is because of VAR. You'll still be battered with "you couldn't win the league without the help of VAR" for many years to come... Even Leicester could do it pre VAR.... You're accomplishments mean nothing... Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #2885
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Wolves gave us one of the best defensive performances from an opposing team we've faced so far. Would have settled for a draw. Stoked with the win though.
    And can we f*ck of with this LiVARpool rubbish, its screwing with everyone.
    Its Christmas time Furns. I've had great fun in my Red household (my "This Is VARfield" graffiti on my sons door is my best effort so far!) Revelling in the burn....all good fun....till you win it!

  6. #2886
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Nope. I've already been into Bon reminding him that the only reason you're going to win the league is because of VAR. You'll still be battered with "you couldn't win the league without the help of VAR" for many years to come... Even Leicester could do it pre VAR.... You're accomplishments mean nothing... Lol.
    But the best part is if they don't win it

    This will be the greatest choke in all eternity in any sport
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  7. #2887
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    But the best part is if they don't win it

    This will be the greatest choke in all eternity in any sport
    If they don't win it this year surely Klopp gets the sack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #2888
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,601
    Been choking before Klopp.
    No reason for him to get the sack.
    But agree that if we lose it from here, we will be the laughing stock and the next Liverpool team to win it will have a massive monkey on their back.

    Also don’t think it’s tarnished at all. We’ve had VAR against us, and some decisions for us. Same as if referee decisions throughout the course of a game favour a team. Like Man City whole game plan in 18/19 was the foul early in the oppositions counter attack and kept avoiding yellow cards.
    I don’t think many people can realistically dispute that we have been one of the best teams in the world over the last 18-24 months.

  9. #2889
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Been choking before Klopp.
    No reason for him to get the sack.
    But agree that if we lose it from here, we will be the laughing stock and the next Liverpool team to win it will have a massive monkey on their back.

    Also donít think itís tarnished at all. Weíve had VAR against us, and some decisions for us. Same as if referee decisions throughout the course of a game favour a team. Like Man City whole game plan in 18/19 was the foul early in the oppositions counter attack and kept avoiding yellow cards.
    I donít think many people can realistically dispute that we have been one of the best teams in the world over the last 18-24 months.
    Legitimate question here. When has VAR gone against you this year? I can't remember a single incorrect or 50-50 call that's not gone your way this season. Or do you just mean that VAR intervened correctly to overturn a decision but the decision was not in your favour?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #2890
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Legitimate question here. When has VAR gone against you this year? I can't remember a single incorrect or 50-50 call that's not gone your way this season. Or do you just mean that VAR intervened correctly to overturn a decision but the decision was not in your favour?
    I posted this eleswhere but have a look at the table at the end - they have had two against them, both offsides I think.

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50944416
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  11. #2891
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I posted this eleswhere but have a look at the table at the end - they have had two against them, both offsides I think.

    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50944416
    To clarify those two, there's Bobby's armpit v Villa and Mane's header v Watford.

    Andy Gray on the armpit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEe...ature=emb_logo

    And take Note: Martin Atkinson drew the lines...the salty old ***t

    When opposition fans blow up at shiz like this, you know it stinks.
    https://www.givemesport.com/1529741-...re-var-madness
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 03-01-2020 at 03:30 PM.

  12. #2892
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    425
    FFS......get rid of the VAR then...this team is playing at an insane level...13pts clear with a game in hand, no defeats in 364 days in the league, 51 games at home without a defeat, 11yrs at home without a lose when leading at half time....on track to go past the 100 pt record season that the “greatest premier league team ever” put up and to surpass that same teams 198pts over 2 seasons.

    If it’s VAR bossing the league this season for Liverpool then sign the ****er up for life.

  13. #2893
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12
    Look at these cryhards trying to even associate Liverpools performances on the VAR. Talk about whinging assholes.

    Go back to your teams threads with a tissue already

  14. #2894
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Legitimate question here. When has VAR gone against you this year? I can't remember a single incorrect or 50-50 call that's not gone your way this season. Or do you just mean that VAR intervened correctly to overturn a decision but the decision was not in your favour?
    How about you go cry somewhere else little whinging leftard. Or get back on mummys tit like the other big babies do

  15. #2895
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    How about you go cry somewhere else little whinging leftard. Or get back on mummys tit like the other big babies do
    You've got 3 posts on this here forum and you're already going round calling people names. Well played son. Lol.

    Also, by big babies do you mean larger sized babies (I.e. chubby bubbies) or do you mean those weird new age families where the 4 yr old still breast feeds?? Cause I'd like to understand this one further...


    Back to football fellas, just be thankful you aren't coming up against the obvious best team in world football right now who are currently reinventing the modern game in the North of London with the greatest coach to ever set foot in an EPL dugout. You've got a 31 point lead, but you better start worrying about us. We are coming for the title this year..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  16. #2896
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    FFS......get rid of the VAR then...this team is playing at an insane level...13pts clear with a game in hand, no defeats in 364 days in the league, 51 games at home without a defeat, 11yrs at home without a lose when leading at half time....on track to go past the 100 pt record season that the ďgreatest premier league team everĒ put up and to surpass that same teams 198pts over 2 seasons.

    If itís VAR bossing the league this season for Liverpool then sign the ****er up for life.
    Neither of the greatest Premier league sides of all time got 100 points (92 and 91 from my quick check). Not sure who that's in reference too...

    I reckon even if you win it this season you'll still be behind this city squad overall (win another one or two and you'll take them) and obviously behind Fergie's best, the invincibles and Mou's first Chelsea team. Maybe even behind Leicester since City didn't put up much of a fight this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  17. #2897
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Neither of the greatest Premier league sides of all time got 100 points (92 and 91 from my quick check). Not sure who that's in reference too...

    I reckon even if you win it this season you'll still be behind this city squad overall (win another one or two and you'll take them) and obviously behind Fergie's best, the invincibles and Mou's first Chelsea team. Maybe even behind Leicester since City didn't put up much of a fight this season.
    Chelsea 04/05 beat anyone, We were a machine and our defence was basically unbreakable, If not for a dodgy pen we wouldve been invincibles as well
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  18. #2898
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Back to football fellas, just be thankful you aren't coming up against the obvious best team in world football right now who are currently reinventing the modern game in the North of London with the greatest coach to ever set foot in an EPL dugout. You've got a 31 point lead, but you better start worrying about us. We are coming for the title this year..

  19. #2899
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Chelsea 04/05 beat anyone
    Except Man City.
    OK

  20. #2900
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,332
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Except Man City.
    and Anelka god love him
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •