Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
So conflicted with offside and VAR.
part of me wants a refs call type thing, where the lines are thicker/greater margin of error. To minimise these mm calls.
The other side, offside is reasonably objective, and with the money and technology these clubs and leagues have, you have to trust that their technology is accurate and the people doing the callipers are doing so to the law. Eg where they put the marker on Lukaku.
I mean that and if a ball crosses the line are some of the only objective aspects of the game. We’ve had our fair share of mm calls go against us, and for us, over the years. If it’s off, it’s off.

I’m curious if VVD gets called if he is either onside or doesn’t commit the ‘foul’. For me, it’s the fact he’s both that they’ve hedged their bets. If that’s a foul, so is every corner one way or another. If he’s judged to be offside and legally impacts James, I can deal with that.

And I agree, Keita was 50/50. Can’t argue with a red there. We see it all the time. Saw it at Euros. I think common sense prevailed though with the decision. Neither team seemed too bothered by the decision imo.

Both teams created the whole game. Mount should’ve had a brace and trophy in the bag. mendy was superb. Both teams dominated periods of play.
Again, one of the better games I’ve seen in a while. And I’d say that if Chelsea won too.
Agree with everything. Mounts second miss was disgusting