Page 170 of 178 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Good balanced summary
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

He is a clown. Fabinho and Salah should've both been on yellows before that. And he doesn't even look at the VAR. Walks over looks at one frame and walks back. I thought double punishment for pens was gone. I mean it comes off his thigh ffs.

Ruined the game cause we were carving you up on the counter and was only a matter of time before we scored again. I'll the point though

As a neutral - penalty, but red was a bit much. That said, why are these overpaid prima donnas allowed to surround the ref for minutes afterwards? Thickwits can't understand he won't change his mind.
    A red or two there would have been a fair call.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    As a neutral - penalty, but red was a bit much. That said, why are these overpaid prima donnas allowed to surround the ref for minutes afterwards? Thickwits can't understand he won't change his mind.
    A red or two there would have been a fair call.
    Weve had terrible history with Taylor, He's the geezer who sent of Kovacic in the FA Cup final for a second yellow after he got fouled and his 1st yellow wasnt a yellow. He's generally just a terrible ref. Best league in the world but worst refereeing. Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He is a clown. Fabinho and Salah should've both been on yellows before that. And he doesn't even look at the VAR. Walks over looks at one frame and walks back. I thought double punishment for pens was gone. I mean it comes off his thigh ffs.

Ruined the game cause we were carving you up on the counter and was only a matter of time before we scored again. I'll the point though
    Geez you make it tough to try and be balanced and neutral.

It hits his thigh, yes, but it also hits his arm. The arm isn’t behind his back, he’s making himself bigger and his arm stops it from being a goal. It is a red card offence to prevent a goal with a handball offence. He had no choice. Once he gives a handball, it needs to be a red.
    Double punishment only applies if the defender makes a valid attempt to play the ball, and fouls the opponent.

Old mate mount could’ve had a yellow for his poor dive attempt, as well as azpi at the end there.
    Not really sure you were “carving us up” or a being a “matter of time”. Was a very lucky goal imo. And we looked the more likely imo.
    Lukaku was well restricted and that was basically the only avenue of attack.

In my opinion Mendy could have also been sent off. If he connects with Hendo after the penalty he could have ended Hendo season.
    Very lucky for both players.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Firstly, I hope the reports are true that Harvey Elliott has a dislocation and not a break. As I've had to watch too many young talented players careers ruined by leg breaks at Arsenal and would never wish it on anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Secondly, to bring the discussion about why Liverpool should still be favourites with City for the title, into the correct thread.

Am I correct in that the only key players gone from the title winning season are Wijnaldum and Lovren? And in their place you've signed 2 decent quality backup CBs, a good backup LB, Thiago and you've also got Jota as well? If the Ox can stay fit he almost counts as a new signing as well.

I know Chelsea are stacked, but they still have issues and an inconsistent Kante could be their downfall.

United have added Ronaldo and Varane, but they still haven't truly fixed the 9 position and have weak backup CBs. They will be better than last season, but I'm not confident they can be at their best for a full season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Yeh, I think he’d be incredibly lucky to escape that without any fractures. Isolated dislocation is incredibly rare because there’s so many strong ligaments, the weakest point is often the bone. Relocating it ASAP helps preserve nerves and any ligaments that were not damaged. But yeh, daresay he will have some metal put in, wishing him a speedy recovery. He’s definitely been one of our most dangerous looking players and just needed to work on that final moment whether it be a pass or shot.

Yeh, look, part of me didn’t want to upset Stanny’s high in his Chelsea thread no less.
    I think we are defs in the conversation for top 4.
    VVD back is a massive boost. Matip, Konate and Gomez will be vital to keep our defence solid. Which was a real weak spot last season.
    And yeh Thiago for wijnaldum.
    We were lucky the year we won it, VVD played every game, our front 3 rarely misfired at the same time and everything fell into place.
    Jota is the potential spark now with Elliot out for a while.

I think City still have to be favourites.
    I just think having that clinical striker that scores More often than not makes a huge difference.
    We have the same issue that we have had since coutinho. We struggle when teams sit back and defend us. We lack a midfielder who can change the game in an attacking sense, drive through, score a goal from distance, something that coutinho could do or Gerrard.
    I think that’s the only element missing in our best 11.
    We rely too heavily on our front 3. We have set pieces back with VVD and Matip fit.

I’m not gonna say I think we will win it, cause I don’t think we will.
    We will be around the mark though.

I think Tuchel is a very competent manager. I’d be interested to see their record since he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Secondly, to bring the discussion about why Liverpool should still be favourites with City for the title, into the correct thread.

Am I correct in that the only key players gone from the title winning season are Wijnaldum and Lovren? And in their place you've signed 2 decent quality backup CBs, a good backup LB, Thiago and you've also got Jota as well? If the Ox can stay fit he almost counts as a new signing as well.

I know Chelsea are stacked, but they still have issues and an inconsistent Kante could be their downfall.

United have added Ronaldo and Varane, but they still haven't truly fixed the 9 position and have weak backup CBs. They will be better than last season, but I'm not confident they can be at their best for a full season.
    What issues do we have ?? Only ones I see are Kante and Pulisic can't stay fit

What issues do we have ?? Only ones I see are Kante and Pulisic can't stay fit
    I think under Tuchel you guys have been very solid. On paper, I think defensively is the weakest area, but in practice your defence is pretty solid.
    Maybe depth, if Lukaku stops scoring, your only real striker is Werner who is very capable, but not quite getting the results. Unless you’re throwing havertz, pulisic or Ziyech up top.

That’s most teams though, lose your top striker and you have some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I just think having that clinical striker that scores More often than not makes a huge difference.
    Mane had more misses that King Henry the 8th! Good he finally put one in but really, 2 or 3 was on the cards for his number of chances.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Boy, we certainly struggled with crosses today.
    Jota could be in double figures if he finishes better.

Boy, we certainly struggled with crosses today.
    Jota could be in double figures if he finishes better.
    I know Robbo had a better game than Brentford v Porto but Tsimikas seems to create a lot of chances AND I like his corner delivery.
    It will be hard for him barring injury to displace the Scotsman but I certainly look forward to his game whenever he's in the starting 11.

Excellent second half.
    Draw probably a fair result.
    Salah showed his class. Wow. If he keeps this up, we will do well. He certainly has a point to prove.
    Playing for a new contract. Curious what we do with him. Sell him and make money. Or keep him, ruin the wage structure (VVD will be in there tomorrow, Mane will be too), essentially lose his value and hopefully challenge for some titles. I’m not sure Barca or Madrid would be that keen on him tbh. Think his only real shot to make super money is to go to PSG when they lose mbappe/Neymar or Messi probably at the end of the year. Can’t see la liga clubs spending big on him.

De Bruyne lucky with his goal. Very lucky. But they probably should have had Milner sent off twice so I guess the luck evens out.
    If you’re a neutral watch the second half haha.

Love the battles with city over the last few years. Both teams happy to play their own style and go toe to toe.

Excellent second half.
    Draw probably a fair result.
    Salah showed his class. Wow. If he keeps this up, we will do well. He certainly has a point to prove.
    Playing for a new contract. Curious what we do with him. Sell him and make money. Or keep him, ruin the wage structure (VVD will be in there tomorrow, Mane will be too), essentially lose his value and hopefully challenge for some titles. I’m not sure Barca or Madrid would be that keen on him tbh. Think his only real shot to make super money is to go to PSG when they lose mbappe/Neymar or Messi probably at the end of the year. Can’t see la liga clubs spending big on him.

De Bruyne lucky with his goal. Very lucky. But they probably should have had Milner sent off twice so I guess the luck evens out.
    If you’re a neutral watch the second half haha.

Love the battles with city over the last few years. Both teams happy to play their own style and go toe to toe.
    Nice words for Mo Brem. I hope we can keep him.

I've watched KDB's goal from in front and from behind. It looks like Ali had it covered
    Poor Joel. If it hit his knee and went over, he'd be a hero. His body positioning was all wrong, coming at the ball on an angle like that.
    These things are split second.

I was worried about Millie at RB when I saw he was in the starting lineup but I wasn't surprised either.
    The 1/2 time stat was 44% down their LHS and 39% on the right. I thought it would have been a lot more than that on the left actually.

For what he's worth, I didn't hear Grealisch's name called much throughout the game. pwned by Robbo.

You all know I like to blow the Tsimikas trumpet but there's a proven replacement for Robbo now, even with limited game time Kostas has had.
    It's obvious now we need a suitable replacement for TAA when the occasion arises.
    Didn't Gomez use to be a RB? A scouser mate of mine reckons Klopp won't pick him or anyone for the position who doesn't have passing range.
    Yes, I know he came on for Milner there but he wasn't a younger option starter.

It's a bit nutso from Watford 16/10 to West Ham 8/11 with Atletico twice with a ManUre in the middle of them.
    I expect the B team v Preston (28/10) at least.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 05-10-2021 at 10:29 PM.

I think you have to risk it and give Salah what ever salary he wants, On form he is close to the best player in the world and seems to be able to do anything. Makes me annoyed we let him go but he was generally rubbish for us so we wernt gonna keep him around to sit on the sidelines
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Nice words for Mo Brem. I hope we can keep him.

I've watched KDB's goal from in front and from behind. It looks like Ali had it covered
    Poor Joel. If it hit his knee and went over, he'd be a hero. His body positioning was all wrong, coming at the ball on an angle like that.
    These things are split second.

I was worried about Millie at RB when I saw he was in the starting lineup but I wasn't surprised either.
    The 1/2 time stat was 44% down their LHS and 39% on the right. I thought it would have been a lot more than that on the left actually.

For what he's worth, I didn't hear Grealisch's name called much throughout the game. pwned by Robbo.

You all know I like to blow the Tsimikas trumpet but there's a proven replacement for Robbo now, even with limited game time Kostas has had.
    It's obvious now we need a suitable replacement for TAA when the occasion arises.
    Didn't Gomez use to be a RB? A scouser mate of mine reckons Klopp won't pick him or anyone for the position who doesn't have passing range.
    Yes, I know he came on for Milner there but he wasn't a younger option starter.

It's a bit nutso from Watford 16/10 to West Ham 8/11 with Atletico twice with a ManUre in the middle of them.
    I expect the B team v Preston (28/10) at least.
    I think Alison defs had it covered as well. To at least block it. But agree, I’d be a bit pissed if the closest defender didn’t throw himself at the ball to make a stop and Alison wasn’t able to get there.
    At that point it felt like 2 points lost. Thought we could’ve gone on to get another. Draw seems fair though.

Is Neco Williams still injured? Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets some games under his belt, maybe not the city, United, Chelsea games, but some games. I’ve read similar re: Gomez, think he was a RB or at least played there a bit, but he doesn’t have that natural instinct to get forward like klopp wants out of his fullbacks.

I really hope Thiago starts bossing it soon. Our midfield seems very lacklustre. Guess it’s more the engine room when you have a solid defence, attacking fullbacks and a front 3 like we do.

Foden’s finish was pretty great too. He’s done very well to rise at City. Weak foot, driven into the only space that was available. Clinical.

And Stanny, I think I agree. If he ideally wants to stay. I’d be happy with a bit of an upgrade for the next few years, then if he’s long term, maybe some incentive based stuff so if he’s not performing he doesn’t command those wages.
    I read somewhere that his agent or whoever basically said even if we pay him like KDB salary for the next 3 years, that’s probably what he has been worth these last 3 seasons (agree), and what we paid him the last 3 years is what we get out of him for the next 3 or so. Which was an interesting way to look at it.
    Unless we are planning an Mbappe move, we should probably tie him up for 3 years, then we can at least sell him if we want.

I think you have to risk it and give Salah what ever salary he wants, On form he is close to the best player in the world and seems to be able to do anything. Makes me annoyed we let him go but he was generally rubbish for us so we wernt gonna keep him around to sit on the sidelines

Left his upgrade to last and he’s putting performances up to earn the highest wage…they’ll probably go 350K a week…way high for us but nothing compared to psg etc

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Left his upgrade to last and he’s putting performances up to earn the highest wage…they’ll probably go 350K a week…way high for us but nothing compared to psg etc
    He just strengthened his case with that performance. That assist for the 1st...
    Not to mention another classic Mo goal.
    Rose totally pwned this game. Jim Beglin 'weighed in' with his opinion as to why.