Page 51 of 178 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

geez the new recruits are slop. Enjoy europe this year, wont be near it next. I am disappoint.

Hendo & sterlz can hold there heads high
    Last edited by hawk; 27-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Cracking finish to get a point. Bloody hell.

Glad markovic sprints back when he turns it over, cause he turns it over every time.
    Gerrard with a great free kick and celebration.
    Jagielka but. Phwoar. I'm ok to share the points if that is the equaliser.

Need to sort our shit out. Balotelli, hit the target son, you are getting our best chances and ****ing them up when it's harder to miss.
    Should've had the game won in the opening 10 minutes.
    Barry should've been sent easily. 3 big fouls. Glad he got a card for his first. Then there was another. Then the handball. How is that not a handball and penalty I'll never know.
    First 20 was the intensity we need.

Where the **** is Liverpool's movement? There was a point in the first half where Balotelli had the ball on the corner of the box and had zero options. Was a spot in the second half as well where it was in the same corner with Sterling and Coutinho, I think, and they had **** all to do but pass between themselves before they turned it over.

Whether we like to admit it or not, we are missing suarez.
    His raw ability to make something happen when it is a flat game was remarkable and the momentum from these moments spurred us on.
    Unfortunately he has gone, balotelli is not as sharp as he should be (the bloke could have 5-6 goals now if he took his good chances), Sturridge is injured and in general we are in a rut.
    Need to get sturridge fit so he and balotelli can play off each other.
    We have enough talent, Rodgers just needs to figure out how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    balotelli is not as sharp as he should be (the bloke could have 5-6 goals now if he took his good chances),
    is average, was never gonna be anywhere near sewerez. spurs & Bale pt2

The biggest concern for me, is our defence.
    In my opinion, the vast majority of our goals come directly from errors. We are rarely outplayed when we concede. Last year it was own goals, failure to clear, slips, sloppy passing straight to their attackers. If our goals we are letting in were from well structured attacks, counters or something similar i'd be more pessimistic. But i don't think we are being outplayed by any stretch.
    I only saw a bit of the basel game as it was busy at work, but it looked like we were going to go on to win or at least keep a point. Until a shitty mistake at the back.

Mignolet is out of form. His weaknesses are starting to be exploited by coaches. The other week, a ball was rolling into his penalty area, if not near his goal area, he could've came early, picked it up easily, and played out, however he left skrtel, who had an attacker hightailing it behind him, to deal with it and put him under a shitload of pressure. Skrtel accordingly blasted him.
    But he refuses to come out. Which doesn't suit the way we are trying to play. We want to play a high intensity pressing game, and be quick on the counter. High pressing means there are going to be a) a high line of defence as we press and b) teams are actually going to need to play long balls to get themselves out of trouble. We need him to act as a sweeper or at least come for any balls that are put through.
    Brilliant shot stopper though. Keeps us in games with his saves, but as an overall package I'm not sold.

Better performance. More intense. More creativity. Still a bit off where we should be. But really, a win off Top 4 isn't too bad considering.

Referee was poor. Their penalty, wasn't a penalty. They have a linesman and ref, and the ref had a gooooood long look at it.

Lala's goal was class. that's the kind of spark we need.

Hendo's goal was interesting.
    Sterling fouled from behind. Nothing. Gets up, plays it to Henderson. Who slots it. Commentators were saying ref was playing advantage...
    I don't think he was gonna give it..Now obviously the outcome is good. But, to say there was an advantage? I disagree. As soon as Sterling is fouled, and falls, there's no immediate advantage, and 99% of refs would call it there and then (if they thought it was a penalty). It's rather lucky that Sterling gets up regathers, passes a player and lays it off to Hendo to hit it through a crowded area.

It was good to see Gerrard playing AM again. Wouldn't mind seeing him given 60min in AM to see how he goes as i don't think he's been playing particularly well at DM.
    Sterling is frustrating. He has all the skill, speed and ability to be a great player and gets himself into some great positions, but his touch when en-route to goal needs work. He fixes this, he gets 20+ goals a season. Also rumours he'll be off to Real soon.

Needed this 3 points.

Much better performance = agreed
    Stevie @ AM = disagree, don't think he has the legs to play there for an extended period anymore.
    Coutinho has been very poor recently, I would be playing Lallana at #10 as soon as Allen is fit and benching Coutinho to use as a sub. Sterling is being overused I think, he and Markovic/Borini need to be interchanged for starting in the front third.
    Studge can't get back soon enough.

The win will hopefully instil some badly needed confidence, this team needs to realise they can win and play well without Suarez.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Stevie @ AM = disagree, don't think he has the legs to play there for an extended period anymore.
    Coutinho has been very poor recently, I would be playing Lallana at #10 as soon as Allen is fit and benching Coutinho to use as a sub. Sterling is being overused I think, he and Markovic/Borini need to be interchanged for starting in the front third.
    Studge can't get back soon enough.
    Re Stevie: It's a bit of a Catch-22. His legs are lacking, which is why Rodgers put him up field vs WBA imo. He wanted Lucas (fresh legs) and Hendo (good engines) sitting deeper so they could more efficiently stop an opposition attack. Which i think is a reasonable tactic. Gerrard often gets caught in no mans land, where attackers easily scoot past him, or he is caught out of position, after playing 80 minutes, the effects are compounded. Playing him AM, means he doesn't have to get back quickly as there should be 9 others behind the ball. Maybe its a good tactic when defending a lead.
    It's been so long since we've seen him play in the advanced role to know what he can still offer in attack. I agree, to play him AM definitely sacrifices the sharpness and skill of our other midfield players like Sterling/Lala, but he can hit a decisive pass (Hendo's distribution is a pretty good option also) and a cracking shot. Probably not what you are after if you're trying to score, but a reasonable option if you are trying to kill the game.

I never really understood the Coutinho love tbh. He gets busy when he comes on though. Thought Markovic was rather poor the other week. Would prefer we give him Cup games/lower table games until he's doing well.

Thought Lambert did well. Once Ballo scores his first, the flood gates should open.

Did you not see his goal against Ludogorets?

Stevie G, Liverpool needs to always be moving forward and IMO Stevie needs to be taken out of the 1st XI. His not getting younger and doesn't have the legs any more, I could see him doing a similar role to Giggs towards the end of his career coming on later in the game when a lot of the pace is gone much like Lampard is doing now and doing well for City.

Raheem needs to play centrally and needs to be given patients his only a kid still 19, look how far his come in the last year, his going to be some player he just needs time. Both PSG and Real are interested but his on the verge of signing an improved contract and I'm confident he'll stay, him and Rodgers seem to have a real good bond.

Hendo is doing a stellar job but seems to be having to much of a workload due to having Stevie next to him I feel. I would like to see Can get more game time I think Jordan and Emre could develop a good partnership given the chance.

All in all the sky is not falling we still look suspect at the back but, if Rodgers sorts out the defence we make the top 4 easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I meant league goal, against EPL opposition. He hasn't scored an EPL goal in like 22 matches I think I heard them say? Negating this, he has gotten himself into really good positions and had some great chances that I daresay most players could have finished. At least half of them. Eg vs Everton, point blank, Tim Howard does well though doesn't really know much about it,just makes himself big. And ballo hits it into him. Hopefully as he gets fitter he will get sharper and become a bit of a poacher-esque player. I don't see him making the runs of sturridge or suarez.

On Gerrard again, I watched the last bit again and I still think Gerrard does quite well more advanced. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should play there every week or for 90 minutes (he won't last the 90). But I think there is the option of playing him there if the match, players available and such warranted.

Playing him central in a 4-2-3-1 with:

--------------------mignolet
    Moreno--------Lovren---skrtel--------manq
    -----------Allen/hendo-----Can/Lucas-----
    Sterling/hendo------gerrard-------lala/cout
    -----------------------sturridge

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    what's everyone's thoughts on rodgers so far this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Unchanged. Great manager.

The one question mark I have over him is his ability in the transfer market. He has a very poor record of success.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    No Suarez, no party.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

My thought's haven't changed. I think the side has been hampered by injuries to some key players from last season in Sturridge, Flannagan, Johnson and Joe Allen which has resulted in some new players being introducted earlier than he probably liked.

I agree with Brem that the purchases from either Rodgers or the "transfer committee" have been probably 1 in 2 or 3 in terms of success. Sturridge, Lallana, Allen, Coutinho - good buys. Assaidi, Borini, Cissokho, Moses (the last two luckily on loan) haven't been. It appears Markovic, Lovren, lambert and Balo could be heading down that path but for me it's FAR too early to call.

Each year it gets harder and harder to make the Top 4. I am worried we won't make the Champions League again this year and it will be a learning curve for Rodgers. However, a positive trait of his is that he does learn.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 10-10-2014 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

aaaall round the fields of Anfield road....

Sturridge out with a calf strain.

balotelli press conference

Funny end to the game given the pre-match game they showed highlights for on fox.
    Ballotelli though....