Page 151 of 178 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    one word boz

JEALOUSY

Sums up the arsenal and chelsea fans.
    both clubs had there glory days but when a much deserved club is now finally reaping the rewards the hatred comes in..
    No hatred just realism. Imagine the outrage if someone like Jose did this? The FA cup is brilliant and magic and Klopp is treating it like a piece of garbage. Also define much deserved?

I don’t get what the problem is...much ado about nothing and people taking news propaganda as gospel and going for a run with it - referring the the outrage about Klopp not coaching the team which only became a story after a pundit decided it annoyed him.

Our 21s get probably their most competitive game they have played in, their coach who has worked with them all year gets to have a shot at the biggest stage he has worked on.

https://youtu.be/Gme76XPSUlY

Post match scenes show one hell of an excited bunch of footballers and coach.

Klopp is looking after his players and has EPL and UCL as his top priority. If Liverpool were to win FA Cup but lose EPL, UCL everyone will be saying it’s a Mickey Mouse cup and doesn’t count.
    FA told clubs they would have an imposed break in scheduling. Club accommodated and planned for this. Then FA says hey, we actually need you to play a game....

If your boss tells you, you’ve got leave for a week, you plan your holiday and a week before says you’ve actually gotta turn up for one day in the middle, do you rock up to work?

Most clubs play weak teams or second string teams for early FA Cup games.

Anyway, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Klopp is showing respect for the welfare of his players

which should be applauded

any other argument about disrespecting the FA Cup is reactionary nonsense
    My arguments about the FA cup and Klopp are separate to this, but I do have an issue with dumb statement some fans are pushing.

Liverpool have an hugely expensive squad full of players who aren't even getting game time. If Klopp is so scared of his depth issues he should have signed some players in January to deal with it. Not played out his usual tears in the media about how he's the good guy and the FA are picking on him.

The FA did nothing wrong here. They organised a winter break, they also told every single club and manager what would happen if you draw that game. The fact that Liverpool had to play again was entirely their own fault. Klopp should be blaming his own stupidity, not the FA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Conversely Klopp didn’t do anything wrong.
    He’s allowed to do what he did.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    anyways, a full eleven days until the next game against Norwich

we should all get some rest

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Conversely Klopp didn’t do anything wrong.
    He’s allowed to do what he did.
    Not wrong, just terribly disrespectful to Shrewsbury town. He showed some of his true colours on this one. I've always disliked the bloke, this was just further proof that I'm correct in my view of him.

Amazing manager, shit bloke.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Not wrong, just terribly disrespectful to Shrewsbury town. He showed some of his true colours on this one. I've always disliked the bloke, this was just further proof that I'm correct in my view of him.

No one is listening to your outraged opinion dikwad

You being a little jealous Arsenal turd should just piss orf and continue dreaming about being as good a bloke as Klopp.

How did he disrespect them?
    He put out a competitive team to play them. Gave them a fair chance to progress. I don’t think they’d be too concerned if they won this game.

Nobody puts out their full strength teams to play lesser league teams.
    Are they disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    How did he disrespect them?
    He put out a competitive team to play them. Gave them a fair chance to progress. I don’t think they’d be too concerned if they won this game.

Nobody puts out their full strength teams to play lesser league teams.
    Are they disrespectful?
    The team didn't matter, he can play anyone within the Liverpool squad and by extension the youth sides. I don't think Shrewsbury town would have cared if you played the U16s.

Him not showing up was the disrespect.

Put yourself in a Shrewsbury town fans shoes and then you'll have a better understanding. Imagine having one of the top managers in the world think you're so insignificant a club that you aren't worthy of him even watching his team play. All he had to do was sit on the bench and let he U23 coach do all the work. He could have just sat there and applauded the kids when they did well. He already had a month off in June. He hasn't been running around and doing damage to his body. He has plenty of coaches to help with day to day duties. There's zero reason he couldn't show up other than arrogance and disrespect.

I tend to agree with some of what is being said by Frodo and the others . While stopping short of calling him a shit bloke, I think it was a poor choice not to attend. I also think that some players could have used from time - Minamino, Keita, Lallana could have all used some time.

While not ruining the experience Shrewsbury Town had, I think there would have been a touch of disappointment surrounding the team they faced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Are managers actually allowed not to attend and pass the manger duties to an assistant?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Are managers actually allowed not to attend and pass the manger duties to an assistant?
    There's likely no rule about that from the FA. Cause if a coach is sick, he wouldn't have to attend. It's more so a contractual thing between the manager and the club that forces them to go each week. Liverpool obviously backed Klopp on his position.

Think Klopp is just a bit dirty about their unwillingness to postpone or reschedule their previous game when it clashed with club World Cup, and now he’s refusing to reschedule their break and play.

The obvious thing that should happen is that they ditch the League Cup (Carabao, Coca Cola, Milk, Worthingtons, Carling, Rumbelows Cup et al).

All it does is clog up the fixture list. The winners get nothing except a "tin cup" (quoting Jose on Special 1 TV) and 100,000 pounds. It is an EFL competition so why, at least, is the EPL still in it?

Just have the FA Cup starting earlier. It involves every club in the country, has some prestige and a 2 million prize. Big it up a bit more.

Will free up alot of the calendar too.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The obvious thing that should happen is that they ditch the League Cup (Carabao, Coca Cola, Milk, Worthingtons, Carling, Rumbelows Cup et al).

All it does is clog up the fixture list. The winners get nothing except a "tin cup" (quoting Jose on Special 1 TV) and 100,000 pounds. It is an EFL competition so why, at least, is the EPL still in it?

Just have the FA Cup starting earlier. It involves every club in the country, has some prestige and a 2 million prize. Big it up a bit more.

Will free up alot of the calendar too.
    The winners of the "Tin Cup" get entry to Europe. Which to the big clubs would mean nothing but it opens up spots for either the runner up or 7th/8th place in the Premier League.

Constant revenue through out the cup run.

Confidence and playing time for squad players which would help in injuries circumstances and youth players to add valuable experience.

Maybe the answer would be to have a minimum number of players who are under 23 for EPL Clubs.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Henderson's wife has just given birth to a baby boy and Mo Salah is just about to become a dad again in coming days

in totally unrelated news its nine months go today that Liverpool beat Barcelona in the Champions League semi final second leg

Ahhhhh Frodo...
    Come on, mate... Save your salt for SB and his Tottenham boys.. You even chose to support Spuds when we were playing against them!! I was outraged with you..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Ahhhhh Frodo...
    Come on, mate... Save your salt for SB and his Tottenham boys.. You even chose to support Spuds when we were playing against them!! I was outraged with you..
    No need to get jealous that Frodo is slowly realising that Spurs are the ONLY team in North London.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    No need to get jealous that Frodo is slowly realising that Spurs are the ONLY team in North London.
    I couldn't believe it..
    Normally for Mr Baggins, the only thing better than an Arsenal win, is a Tottenham loss.. And here he was, cheering on Spuds.. Unbelievable...
    A shattered man..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I couldn't believe it..
    Normally for Mr Baggins, the only thing better than an Arsenal win, is a Tottenham loss.. And here he was, cheering on Spuds.. Unbelievable...
    A shattered man..
    As I already explained you salty Norwegian salad tosser, I just need Liverpool to lose once. I don't care who it is, and I'll support any team against them until that loss occurs, but it needs to happen at least once.

That game in question, I was supporting a Liverpool loss not a Spuds win. Haha.