Page 163 of 178 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Eerie comparisons to City's title defense when they lost Aymeric Laporte last season.

What will Liverpool do to respond? Matip and Gomez? Matip and Fabinho? Gomez and Fabinho?
    Not that he'll be immediately considered but I don't think Nat Phillips is going anywhere in a hurry now.

I think it's Matip and Gomez for the foreseeable future. I thought Fab went OK at CB against Chelsea.

Anyone else heard reports Alisson is back training?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Not that he'll be immediately considered but I don't think Nat Phillips is going anywhere in a hurry now.

I think it's Matip and Gomez for the foreseeable future. I thought Fab went OK at CB against Chelsea.

Anyone else heard reports Alisson is back training?
    I heard he was back at training as of this week, but not ready to play until later this month. I think Thiago is all good, or at least not seriously injured as well. That's some good news on those two at least.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I heard he was back at training as of this week, but not ready to play until later this month. I think Thiago is all good, or at least not seriously injured as well. That's some good news on those two at least.
    I agree - that is good news.

Alisson has been heavily missed. I hope he is back soon. The two big voices and leaders are now missing from the back. It puts a serious dent into Liverpool's title bid.

I expect others are feeling somewhat uplifted in van Dijk's absence as I did when Laporte was ruled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

100%.
    Alison is sorely missed. Copped some bad deflections the other week, but still feel like he is very poor. Mentally must be a hell of a lot tougher than Karius. Bloke looks like Kahn or Smeichel snr in comparison.
    Karius at least looked fantastic doing it.

VVD will be massive. Curious to see what we do in January? (Is it still January?)
    Upamecano, koulibaly options.
    Or do we give Gomez and Matip a go at holding down the starts and blood Williams, philips or chuck Fabinho in there as a stopgap.

Henderson, Fabinho, thiago, wijnaldum with Milner and Jones as support.

Supplies quickly dwindle when you get a few injuries that’s for sure.

Also, the neutral EPL fan is seeing this year as a great challenge so far.
    Not the Man City v Liverpool of late.
    Good to see some competitive unpredictable games.

Now, back to winning thanks guys.

I’d be interested to see our results since atletico loss.

Edit:
    Atletico - L 1-0
    West Ham W 3-2
    Watford. L 3-0
    Chelsea FA L 2-0
    Bournemouth W 2-1
    Atletico L. 3-2
    Everton D. 0-0
    Crystal P. W. 4-0
    Man City L 4-0
    Villa W 2-0
    Brighton W 3-1
    Burnley D 1-1
    Arsenal L 2-1
    Chelsea W 5-3
    Newcastle W. 3-1

Leeds W 4-3
    Chelsea W 2-0
    Arsenal. W 3-1
    Villa L 7-2
    Everton D. 2-2

7 losses, 3 draws, 10 wins in last 20-25 games)

EFL Cup loss, and community shield not included.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 19-10-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Wtf is going on with all these reports about Liverpool and Man United trying to takeover the world?
    First it was EPL changes, now this European Premier League.

Is somebody letting that premier league title go to their head?

Would love the Big 4-6 to piss off to a Euro League. Let the rest of us get on with enjoying English football again and bring the old First Division back. Similar posturings resulted in the Champions league as a compromise back in the day.

If your team beats Man U these days its all about Man U and what is wrong with them with very little kudos for the "little" club that beat them.

And....it will be easier to get tickets. Bring it on.

Oh, and take VAR with you.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 21-10-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

It's rubbish. It comes up every few years when the CL rights are due for re-negotiation.
    Nothing to see here.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Anyone else in the 'Fab is fab @ CB' camp?
    Think I heard a stat from 6 starts at CB he's got 4 clean sheets.
    He's big enough to play the role.

Sorry chumps but after that pen decision, time to nuke Stockley Pk. It's officially an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Sorry chumps but after that pen decision, time to nuke Stockley Pk. It's officially an abortion.
    Dean calls a foul outside the box. VAR had to check if it was inside the box, which it was, but they can only overturn the free kick if there was a clear and obvious error. If Dean saw enough in that to be a free kick, which even if it's a 20:80 call as to whether or not he fouled him, then VAR is powerless. Have to blame Dean for giving a free kick, or Fabinho for not clearing the ball and then diving in, for this one, sorry.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Yehhh that was my understanding weirdly enough too.
    The VAR check is to see where the “contact” was. Don’t see why they then can’t review the now penalty to see if it was a penalty at all. Anyway.
    I think we got away with another 2 that could’ve been given. But anyway.
    Think Fabinho gets the ball.

We are pretty lacklustre atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Yehhh that was my understanding weirdly enough too.
    The VAR check is to see where the “contact” was. Don’t see why they then can’t review the now penalty to see if it was a penalty at all. Anyway.
    I think we got away with another 2 that could’ve been given. But anyway.
    Think Fabinho gets the ball.

We are pretty lacklustre atm.

I think another part of the problem is that outside of the box, Dean would likely give a free kick, but inside the box he wouldn't. This is wrong tho, it has to be treated the same no matter where it is on the pitch. Even if that's not how it is in reality.

It's probably not a pen most days, but I can see how/why it was given logically.

Abomination.jpg

I got up to get me Optus money worth and thought itd be a goal fest. wrong
    So you reckon this is inside the box do you? Sorry about image size. Easy to google or this link might have it bigger.
    https://twitter.com/sportingintel/st...er-league-live

Id be incensed if this happened to my team {whick shall remain nameless}
    They were showing Slo-mo replays on the incident and im sitting pissed off the game is delayed yet again because of VAR and thinking "they're looking at whether it's a foul or not, surely?".
    Fabino gets the ball. whole incident should be negated but nope, those dickheads are only looking for one thing.
    Ruled a penalty because McBurnie's heel is touching the line? that's deemed 'inside' the box?
    Really starting to look like it's there to justify its own existence now.

Quote Originally Posted by fozphantom View Post
    Abomination.jpg

I got up to get me Optus money worth and thought itd be a goal fest. wrong
    So you reckon this is inside the box do you? Sorry about image size. Easy to google or this link might have it bigger.
    https://twitter.com/sportingintel/st...er-league-live

Id be incensed if this happened to my team {whick shall remain nameless}
    They were showing Slo-mo replays on the incident and im sitting pissed off the game is delayed yet again because of VAR and thinking "they're looking at whether it's a foul or not, surely?".
    Fabino gets the ball. whole incident should be negated but nope, those dickheads are only looking for one thing.
    Ruled a penalty because McBurnie's heel is touching the line? that's deemed 'inside' the box?
    Really starting to look like it's there to justify its own existence now.
    Shit call but he actually has more of his foot on the line than mane was offside by last week

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Shit call but he actually has more of his foot on the line than mane was offside by last week
    VAR Is ****ing up the game.
    Fab got the ball anyways. softest pen ..

even VVD Last game he was on side as the ball was played , then VAR slowly was moving the camera to a shot of him in a offside position to cover the call the ref had to make on Pickford the GRUB.

Don't get me started on the Mane call .. FFS

I laughed at one in the second half where Salah was 2 metres offside when he got the ball - linesman kept flag down though it was obvious.

Now what if Salah went for a challenge about 5 seconds after it should have been stopped and clashed with the keeper in a 50/50 and did damage?

Really, VAR is mutating over ever changing scenarios and chasing its own tail.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I laughed at one in the second half where Salah was 2 metres offside when he got the ball - linesman kept flag down though it was obvious.

Now what if Salah went for a challenge about 5 seconds after it should have been stopped and clashed with the keeper in a 50/50 and did damage?

Really, VAR is mutating over ever changing scenarios and chasing its own tail.
    I said the exact same thing in my household. Why don't the officials call offside any more? Is infuriating and yes - could lead to an unnecessary injury
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Some refs tell the linesmen they don't want to hear from them cause it's their show

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Some refs tell the linesmen they don't want to hear from them cause it's their show
    Is nice of the players to oblige and give the referee a platform to show their level of ability