Page 63 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling, 20, and Arsenal winger Theo Walcott, 26, are poised to swap clubs in the summer with the Gunners ready to pay an extra £20m to complete the deal
    that's not great

I'm more concerned about teams coming for coutinho

I'd sell Sterling in a heartbeat.

Would take Walcott and £20m for him if there were no better deals.

Aaron Lennon v.2
    Take the cash where you can get it.

Spend it on Coutinho and Henderson.

and 6 defenders.

change my mind. hope the kent drowns on his vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    change my mind. hope the kent drowns on his vomit.
    Good goal for Sterling this morning. I'll pay him what he wants when he can finish simple 1-on-1 chances that are harder to miss. That tap in he sprayed wide was embarrassing, especially if he was a player on 100K + a week. Great little player, everyone stops what they are doing when he has the ball. Need to keep him, if his (and/or agent) arrogance doesn't get the better of him.

TAW had an interesting point on who you'd keep out of Sturridge and Sterling, if offered the same amount for either.

Really, really enjoying Can, Henderson and Coutinho this season.

no doubt he is electrifying & has a big future.

Scores a lot more than courtinio. cant see where that argument has come from

Prob the mindset that a #10 is more valuable than a 'winger'.

Keep em both if possible but I'd pay Coutinho over Sterling esp if big money is on offer for Sterling.

IMHO once they sold Suarez then ain't no one got a mortgage on a spot in that squad.

Which argument you talkin' bout?

TAW one was Sterling Vs Sturridge. Argument was that Sterling has played regularly in League, Cup and CL fixtures and his "poor game" is still a 7/10 as he creates a few chances. Sturridge has injury issues and has looked pretty ordinary upon his return, no faith in his body imo. It was just a hypothetical to try and justify Raheem's desire for higher wages, saying he is as important (if not more) and valuable to LFC as Sturridge atm, then why shouldn't their wages be similar. That's all.

I do agree with Plague's sentiments though . I'd rather build a team around Coutinho as a CAM. (With Henderson in behind). Than try and build a team around Sterling. The issue is though, we continue to sell our best players, the players that are bringing such success, then trying to replace them with players that will take time to bed in. Torres and Suarez. That is all. (Torres ruined his career leaving Liverpool imo)

Hopefully Coutinho has rounded a corner this season. Last season, very hot and cold. I was a bit of a critic of his last season. But apart from his first few games, he has been excellent all season. Arguably our best. Glad he's contracted for 5 years. Seems pretty happy as well.

p.s. Now Raheem's been caught high off Nitrous Oxide. He's awfully close to heading down a dangerous slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

TAW one was Sterling Vs Sturridge. Argument was that Sterling has played regularly in League, Cup and CL fixtures and his "poor game" is still a 7/10 as he creates a few chances. Sturridge has injury issues and has looked pretty ordinary upon his return, no faith in his body imo. It was just a hypothetical to try and justify Raheem's desire for higher wages, saying he is as important (if not more) and valuable to LFC as Sturridge atm, then why shouldn't their wages be similar. That's all.

I do agree with Plague's sentiments though . I'd rather build a team around Coutinho as a CAM. (With Henderson in behind). Than try and build a team around Sterling. The issue is though, we continue to sell our best players, the players that are bringing such success, then trying to replace them with players that will take time to bed in. Torres and Suarez. That is all. (Torres ruined his career leaving Liverpool imo)

Hopefully Coutinho has rounded a corner this season. Last season, very hot and cold. I was a bit of a critic of his last season. But apart from his first few games, he has been excellent all season. Arguably our best. Glad he's contracted for 5 years. Seems pretty happy as well.

p.s. Now Raheem's been caught high off Nitrous Oxide. He's awfully close to heading down a dangerous slope.
    Torres was ruined before he left Liverpool thanks to the Hodge. That we got any money for him continues to astound me.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

How did Ibe play? I understand today was his first appearance following injury, but a lot of people are suggesting we sell Sterling because we have Ibe.

Sterling is heading down a sliding slope, I agree. He's almost going down the path Suarez took where he continues to bring the number of the club into disrepute by his actions to possibly force a move and get sold for a handsome fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    How did Ibe play? I understand today was his first appearance following injury, but a lot of people are suggesting we sell Sterling because we have Ibe.

Sterling is heading down a sliding slope, I agree. He's almost going down the path Suarez took where he continues to bring the number of the club into disrepute by his actions to possibly force a move and get sold for a handsome fee.
    Not his best game. Had a rather Allen-esque game, where you didn't really notice him do anything spectacular, but he was there and didn't do anything drastically wrong. (I was in and out of sleep for about 15-20 minutes during the middle...). His debut was promising. But talk that he's better than Sterling is a little premature for my liking. Sure, he has potential, very similar player to Sterling by all accounts, but I think he's probably 12-18 months off being a regular starter (if his form/development continues). Expect him to get a lot of pre-season game time.

Sterling definitely appears to be doing a Suarez. Initially, i thought it was his agent, playing hardball, but now I think Sterling wants to leave.

Not his best game. Had a rather Allen-esque game, where you didn't really notice him do anything spectacular, but he was there and didn't do anything drastically wrong. (I was in and out of sleep for about 15-20 minutes during the middle...). His debut was promising. But talk that he's better than Sterling is a little premature for my liking. Sure, he has potential, very similar player to Sterling by all accounts, but I think he's probably 12-18 months off being a regular starter (if his form/development continues). Expect him to get a lot of pre-season game time.

Sterling definitely appears to be doing a Suarez. Initially, i thought it was his agent, playing hardball, but now I think Sterling wants to leave.
    I read a tweet that suggested maybe Sterling has dropped his "bad advisers" and these photo leaks are a result of that. It came from TAW.

I reckon this will tell Raheem a lot about who his friends are and who aren't because this is his first really big scandal. Rodgers will out his arm around and in his own way, bring him through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

TAW one was Sterling Vs Sturridge.
    nah the courtino vs Sterling discussion. good points made by all.

Sterling has contributed a bit more and is a goal scorer.

courto is quality in his position but feel Sterlo is more important provided he doesn't turn into a scum bucket gansta aids machine.

On the whole the team needs to stay together or they'll remain a mid table team.

All Newy Reds please be aware that the FA Cup semi final match tonight at midnight will be shown at Wests due to SJ's having to close at 1230am on sun night/mon mornings.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Sorry to spoil the party lads but boy you guys were rubbish hey. Apart from Coutinhos goal you did really have any clear cut chances. The bit that got me laughing was bringing Glen Johnson on when you need a goal.

Has anybody located Gerrard yet? Must of been hard playing with 10 men the whole time
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Sorry to spoil the party lads but boy you guys were rubbish hey. Apart from Coutinhos goal you did really have any clear cut chances. The bit that got me laughing was bringing Glen Johnson on when you need a goal.

Has anybody located Gerrard yet? Must of been hard playing with 10 men the whole time
    shuddup buddha

everyone knows you are a pompey fan who changed when they hit the shit
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    shuddup buddha

everyone knows you are a pompey fan who changed when they hit the shit
    Guilty

But seriously would have been better playing against Blackburn who would have given it a real red hot go
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Nah we are 2 shit
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post

Serve the pricks right. Cant even be stuffed having a go for some silverware. stupid red fks

Watch Villa turn to sh1t and get raped by arse.

I hope pool will lay down to chelks
    Last edited by hawk; 20-04-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Watch Villa turn to sh1t and get raped by arse
    Like hull?

This is arsenal remember, villa have every right to go into the match knowing they can win it.