Page 162 of 178 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Ffs.
    Talk about gifting a goal.
    Dangerous break was slowed and controlled. VVD doesn’t make a play, Robertson has no idea what he’s doing with it, pops straight to an offside lacazatte who Can’t believe his luck so much so he fails to make any meaningful contact and it is struck into the ground, Alison expects a full force shot and dives, just in time to see the shank hit the turf and bounce in slow motion over his head.
    Can’t make that shit up.

Hope our defence is trying to get all the rubbish out of the way early in the season.

Nevermind, we even now. Tap in.

deserved winners for the Champs
    however Arsenal are playing decent football this year,, but scary thing Liverpool were in 2nd gear

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Arsenal are playing decent football this year,, but scary thing Liverpool were in 2nd gear
    I'm a Gunner cobra but I have to respectfully disagree with this - we played well against a very very poor Fulham, West Ham probably felt they should have won, and Liverpool strolled it. You can for sure see Arteta placing his stamp on the team, but my heart remains in mouth every time I see us play out from the back.

I believe in Arteta and think this squad has quality but I am not fooled by the six points. Squad depth is not there and with players like Xhaka in midfield we just don't compare with our rivals.

Have to agree with Alan.
    Teams playing out from the back needs to be a tactic not a necessity. Especially against a team that is renowned for their press now. Playing with fire.

Few balls in behind looked dangerous, but generally speaking, don’t think we were threatened too much.
    Willian had a poor game and could’ve been dangerous. Ceballos caused a few headaches.

I’d be pissed If Everton are above you at the end of this season.
    They look pretty good this year. When you see teams improve like that, it makes you question what’s going on and why haven’t you improved.

Still early days.

Morning !

Morning

Villa were superb this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Didn't someone once sing in a certain catastrophe film: "There's got to be a morning after..."?
    Here is it. The sky hasn't fallen but I would dearly love a few 'skydrops' to fall on Athfield...and every other football field suffering atm.

That 'catastrophy' falls at an interesting time with the International break now.
    Klopp said he effectively only has 2 days to work on things when everybody is back.
    At first glance I suspected the Alisson shoulder injury might have been to avoid trips to São Paulo and Lima.
    Seems to be quite serious. On that, how the hell are players flying around the world and back in this climate?
    Must be costing a bomb to someone in the football food chain.

I saw a stat this morning that Adrian has been responsible 5 goals from errors in 21 games compared to Alisson, who's return for goal stuff ups is 5 in 92.
    Big call but would Karius be a better 2nd keeper option? Probably now way of getting him back from Union now if needed.
    The discussion around Adrian doesn't seem to centre around his initial 4th minute mistake but more so the confidence of the 4 - 6 players in front of him.
    I thought he was a good 2nd option keeper for the games he played after Alisson did his calf in the Norwich game last season.
    I think that Atletico game has done something to his confidence.

I hope Hendo features when we come back. I'll be following England and Southgate's selections with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Villa were superb this morning.
    And ditto that.

So... if we go on to win 34 more prem games this season is the Villa result anything? Personally I think it’s he kick in the pants they may have needed to remind them that they are last season’s champions.

Klopp did say you do things differently. Probably didn't mean that differently

Don’t think the odd bad result is anything of concern. Dropped points are bound to occur in any “normal” season.
    They had a bit of luck with deflections, Adrian had money on villa to supplement is contract.
    Most concerning is our defence hasn’t looked as solid as it was previously. Hopefully just another anomaly in this Covid era haha.

Henderson will make a big difference imo. Need his leadership on field. Has been one of our best since Gerard.
    Was reading somewhere our win % with him was like 80% down to 50% when not playing. Not sure if that was last 1,2,5 years or what. But it proves my point so I’m not gonna investigate.

Such trash they have so many international breaks. Just as you get into it, bam, break.

Who the **** moved the VAR across Stanley park?

Feel for VVD.
    Hope he has a speedy recovery if it is indeed his ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post

Was a mile offside

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Was a mile offside
    eVARton v Liverpool - The crown has officially shifted.

I bet every manager in the EPL is looking at that decision and saying a big WTF? That could happen to me/us.
    FARK.IT.ORF!
    Just stick to goal-line technology but hey, don't ask for a vote from Sheffield
    Interestingly, Michael Oliver was in charge for that fk up too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Feel for VVD.
    Hope he has a speedy recovery if it is indeed his ACL.
    Left hospital on crutches.
    Early reports are ACL...ffs
    https://talksport.com/football/77536...rpool-everton/

I watched it when they did a slo-mo and cringed seeing that straight knee hyperextended in the collision.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    eVARton v Liverpool - The crown has officially shifted.

I bet every manager in the EPL is looking at that decision and saying a big WTF? That could happen to me/us.
    FARK.IT.ORF!
    Just stick to goal-line technology but hey, don't ask for a vote from Sheffield
    Interestingly, Michael Oliver was in charge for that fk up too...
    There’s been a few “marginal” offsides very similar to ours if I recall correctly.

Apparently Liverpool challenging the frame they froze on. In addition to which part was considered. Not sure the rules regarding which body parts can count, I thought it was anything, but I’ve been reading theories that it’s a “goal scoring part” of the body.
    The frame is interesting, all the stills I’ve seen, don’t show the ball in the frame.
    Still.
    What a buzz kill. Liverpool captain scores winner against Everton away from home in stoppage time. What a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Left hospital on crutches.
    Early reports are ACL...ffs
    https://talksport.com/football/77536...rpool-everton/

I watched it when they did a slo-mo and cringed seeing that straight knee hyperextended in the collision.
    Eerie comparisons to City's title defense when they lost Aymeric Laporte last season.

What will Liverpool do to respond? Matip and Gomez? Matip and Fabinho? Gomez and Fabinho?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles