Page 159 of 178 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Large part of success is VVD, Henderson, TAA, Robertson, Salah, Firmino and mane staying fit.
    We have a great starting 11. Not much potency on our bench most games

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Soo lucky none of your front 3 very lucky
    Very lucky.

Luck can often play an underrated factor
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Very lucky.

Luck can often play an underrated factor
    Agreed. We kinda had that luck in Conte's 1st season
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Agreed. We kinda had that luck in Conte's 1st season
    You need luck, but you also need the ability and Liverpool have that this season.

It should also be acknowledged that what Liverpool and City have done, being near perfect, over the last few years really isn't "normal". They're anomalies...probably!

City losing Laporte and Sane was massive. Van Dijk and Mane out of Liverpool, Hazard and Cahill from Chelsea's title team, Morgan and Mahrez from Leicester for the same period I don't think the margin is what it is.

However, it's nice the title has been confirmed after so many years - a feeling many fans on this forum can share when reflecting on the teams they follow. I feel quite satisfied as a fan, having started following them at quite a low point in their history.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You need luck, but you also need the ability and Liverpool have that this season.

It should also be acknowledged that what Liverpool and City have done, being near perfect, over the last few years really isn't "normal". They're anomalies...probably!

City losing Laporte and Sane was massive. Van Dijk and Mane out of Liverpool, Hazard and Cahill from Chelsea's title team, Morgan and Mahrez from Leicester for the same period I don't think the margin is what it is.

However, it's nice the title has been confirmed after so many years - a feeling many fans on this forum can share when reflecting on the teams they follow. I feel quite satisfied as a fan, having started following them at quite a low point in their history.
    It's feeling we hope we can have soon as Jets fans

However, it's nice the title has been confirmed can share when reflecting on the teams they follow. I feel quite satisfied as a fan, having started following them at quite a low point in their history.
    Agree with this.
    Liverpool supporters always cop flack about jumping on the bandwagon, but for 30 years there’s been no bandwagon to jump on. And if you did jump on the bandwagon when they were successful, it’s been a hell of a wait, if you still support them 30 years without winning, you’re no plastic.

Trick now is consistency. Consistently pushing for top would be nice. Would settle for being in the race.

It’ll be interesting to see how things progress with these “close to unbeaten” years.
    Chelsea look to be spending some money. Man U look to be buying sensible again with Fernandes.
    Arsenal have had an off year.

Liverpool will have a tough few years ahead when they have to decide when to let players go. Players that brought us our first title for ages. I feel like we are an emotional club. If we don’t find the right time to move players on, we will be in trouble.

Also, what happened to Jon Flanagan? Did he get injured and then never recovered well and was moved on?
    And a bit of a “haven’t thought of them...”, any players that come to mind in the last 10 years or so that have left Liverpool and peaked at their new club.
    Thinking along the lines of Torres we sold just after peak, Coutinho hasn’t lit the world on fire since us.
    I’d argue maybe Suarez and sterling, moved to a bigger club, won more trophies and got better. But they were demanding to be sold basically.

No rest, no time to settle.
    We still need 2 more league title's to get back on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Have you guys had any major injuries this season? Can't remember any
    Yes. (Tnx for the hard yards Brem)

If you look back at last season, I don't remember anyone having a sook about Joe Gomez's injury. We all felt it though.
    Looking at some of those draws when Liverpool was ahead and other small percentages (Sane for 2-1 January 2019?)
    I reckon with Gomez playing, there's more than 1 point earned on 'small percentages' over a fairly average injury-free season had he played.
    And that's just 1 player.

Injuries are part of football and they can sting you with some players. Comes down to depth and the $$'s in the end.
    Maybe even some good player and fitness management to avoid them in in the first place.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 02-07-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Yes. (Tnx for the hard yards Brem)

If you look back at last season, I don't remember anyone having a sook about Joe Gomez's injury. We all felt it though.
    Looking at some of those draws when Liverpool was ahead and other small percentages (Sane for 2-1 January 2019?)
    I reckon with Gomez playing, there's more than 1 point earned on 'small percentages' over a fairly average injury-free season had he played.
    And that's just 1 player.

Injuries are part of football and they can sting you with some players. Comes down to depth and the $$'s in the end.
    Maybe even some good player and fitness management to avoid them in in the first place.
    Gomez is an interesting call, because despite the injury Matip stepped up massively in his absence and I think it could have been felt harder.

End of the day Liverpool are champions of England, Europe and the world........who else can say that currently.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    end of the day liverpool are champions of england, europe and the world........who else can say that currently.
    covid-19?

City are hot tonight. That earlier Salah post strike and subsequent Mane miss seems pivotal

City killing us.

Commentators curse

Really not our night. Mane should be hitting that first time. Going down easy. Ffs at least sterling took a load of contact before he went down.

City playing with intent.
    We look like we can’t be bothered. No other records this year guys, seasons done.

It's pre season now Brem....and we're still pissed!
    Robbo definitely is.

That was city's 5th match, Liverpool's 3rd. It showed

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    only managed to watch the first half

luck played a part, hitting the post and then getting nothing for the handling out of the area

but City were dominant - the naff guard of honour probably riled them up

City nailed on to win the Champions league now

That was city's 5th match, Liverpool's 3rd. It showed
    There is no way to verify this but I am sure if the result was the same today but City had played 3, Liverpool* had played 5, the comment probably would have been along the lines of Liverpool* have been too overworked in a short period.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    There is no way to verify this but I am sure if the result was the same today but City had played 3, Liverpool* had played 5, the comment probably would have been along the lines of Liverpool* have been too overworked in a short period.
    No. it wouldn't.

They were beaten by a better team. Many above have said that.