Page 64 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

I would point out that had Balo not been called offside incorrectly his goal would have stood.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I would point out that had Balo not been called offside incorrectly his goal would have stood.
    I would point out that Liverpool were very average all game possibly except for the last 10 minutes
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I wouldn't disagree mate - villa thoroughly deserved to win.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I wouldn't disagree mate - villa thoroughly deserved to win.
    as did Hull. possession doesn't mean much these days

smashed 10 man qpr 3-2.

hold the tears, stevie's last game is near

Steven Gerrard's Last game at Anfield.
    Pre: http://streamable.com/0fn3

Looking back, it was a pretty forgettable season for us.
    The only real consolation was that we played absolutely terrible for a large chunk of the season, bar a run of 10 or so games after Christmas, and were still in with a realistic hope of Top 4 with 4-5 games to go.

Positive:
    -The emergence of Can, with Gerrard gone, it would be good for him to move into Midfield.
    - Skrtel is by far our best option at the back
    - Mignolet for all his errors early on, recovered extraordinarily well and is in with a shot at Golden Glove, which when you look at our performances is quite an achievement.
    - Coutinho was the shining light. Hopefully this was his breakthrough season. After struggling for consistency last year, he's turned it on this year and hopefully it continues.
    - Henderson's transition into a Captaincy role. Plays so much better when Gerrard is off, he takes responsibility and can tell that he's been utilising some things he's picked up form Stevie.

Negative:
    - Our lack of experience in our defence.
    - Impotent in attack. Gerrard was our leading goalscorer, need I say more.

What we need:
    - Seems a common theme, but i'd like to see us bring in a world class defender. A Hummels, Mascherano calibre player would be a great asset. p.s I'd rather have Agger back and get a refund for Lovren.
    - A alternative to Mignolet. Obviously with Jones leaving, we need another keeper. I hope we go for Ryan tbh. Great distribution, best keeper in Belgium for last few years.
    - Class, experienced midfielder.
    - 2 x great strikers.
    - Sell balo, borini, lambert. please. They add nothing.

Quality > Quantity.
    We bought our "project" players last season. Now we need "Ready to go" players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Looking back, it was a pretty forgettable season for us.
    The only real consolation was that we played absolutely terrible for a large chunk of the season, bar a run of 10 or so games after Christmas, and were still in with a realistic hope of Top 4 with 4-5 games to go.

Positive:
    -The emergence of Can, with Gerrard gone, it would be good for him to move into Midfield.
    - Skrtel is by far our best option at the back
    - Mignolet for all his errors early on, recovered extraordinarily well and is in with a shot at Golden Glove, which when you look at our performances is quite an achievement.
    - Coutinho was the shining light. Hopefully this was his breakthrough season. After struggling for consistency last year, he's turned it on this year and hopefully it continues.
    - Henderson's transition into a Captaincy role. Plays so much better when Gerrard is off, he takes responsibility and can tell that he's been utilising some things he's picked up form Stevie.

Negative:
    - Our lack of experience in our defence.
    - Impotent in attack. Gerrard was our leading goalscorer, need I say more.

What we need:
    - Seems a common theme, but i'd like to see us bring in a world class defender. A Hummels, Mascherano calibre player would be a great asset. p.s I'd rather have Agger back and get a refund for Lovren.
    - A alternative to Mignolet. Obviously with Jones leaving, we need another keeper. I hope we go for Ryan tbh. Great distribution, best keeper in Belgium for last few years.
    - Class, experienced midfielder.
    - 2 x great strikers.
    - Sell balo, borini, lambert. please. They add nothing.

Quality > Quantity.
    We bought our "project" players last season. Now we need "Ready to go" players.
    I think we'll see a bit of a turnover, and not just in the playing staff. I have a feeling the if an "upgrade" on the manager can be found then Rodgers will go. A bigger name manager would be another reason for a player unsure of joining the club to join (you can come play for, say, Jurgen Klopp).

A number of the loan players will leave if a buyer can be found - Coates, Aspas, Alberto for example. I think next season we will see a return to the diamond and my priority signing would be a striker(s). Origi is coming in but he's failed to set the league alight in France this year and we must get Sturridge right.. Agree on keeper to challenge Mignolet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I think we'll see a bit of a turnover, and not just in the playing staff. I have a feeling the if an "upgrade" on the manager can be found then Rodgers will go. A bigger name manager would be another reason for a player unsure of joining the club to join (you can come play for, say, Jurgen Klopp).
    Good point on Manager.
    I think our stocks would rise significantly if we could get Klopp.
    I honestly like Rodgers, he did wonders with us last season, but this season has really exposed some flaws. I would like to see him given another season to turn it around, but, Klopp, Ancelotti*, Benitez* all available (*Not necessarily them, but the coaches they may oust) now may be the time to upgrade.

not ancelotti the $ chaser

Sterling wouldn't sign for 900K per week. As if mate, you would eat your own shit for that kind of coin

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Sterling wouldn't sign for 900K per week. As if mate, you would eat your own shit for that kind of coin
    turned out to be a turd burger a while ago. flush him.

Ibe younger and stronger with more potential. Raheem "Patafta" Sterling will be a nobody in 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Raheem "Patafta" Sterling will be a nobody in 5 years
    lol. PP you've still got it!

Not to phased about Sterling leaving if it means Ibe can get a good run of games
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

This is a very good column about Steven Gerrard.
    Honest amongst all the fanfare.
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/st...in-five-goals/

excuse the language though, its american.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Feel for Stevie, that's gash. Bloke deserves better.

Rodgers even more significantly under the pump than he was 24 hours ago imo.
    Going into a "End of season" review with a win, draw or narrow loss is one thing, getting pumped 6-1 in your club legend's final game surely doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Feel for Stevie, that's gash. Bloke deserves better.

Rodgers even more significantly under the pump than he was 24 hours ago imo.
    Going into a "End of season" review with a win, draw or narrow loss is one thing, getting pumped 6-1 in your club legend's final game surely doesn't bode well.
    "It was fantastic that Liverpool showed great character to only be 5 behind at half time"